• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM][AOKP/CM][4.0.4][04/09][AROMA] RootBOX ICS [v1.8][Milestone 6][STABLE]

bajee11

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2012
Montreal
That doesn't work....Had to reinstall the rom :( sucked because I began reconfiguring everything.

From now on no black apps for me, I'll stuck with the ugly white working ones...
I'll fix Gtalk next release or once I get my phone back.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

bajee11

Mar 10, 2012
Montreal
I'm also having a lot of wakelocks, can't get deep sleep and serious battery drain! Maybe I need to reflash :confused:

Sent from my i777 using xda premium
I believe you're wakelocks are an isolated issue, since rom is running fine for most users. ATTACH your bbs file here.

JohnBonchie

Jan 13, 2012
Singapore
That doesn't work....Had to reinstall the rom :( sucked because I began reconfiguring everything.

From now on no black apps for me, I'll stuck with the ugly white working ones...

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Beta10 or Beta9 ?
Beta 9 bro

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

hviviers75

Feb 24, 2009
[ADDON] Samsung Galaxy S3 Addon including TouchwizUX [CM9, AOKP, SlimICS][22.06.12]

Hi all

Go to this site download the launcher and weather only it is about 25mb

http://www.mrmad.net/samsung-galaxy-s3-addon-fur-das-galaxy-nexus-3005

it then includes the s3 weather/clocl widget

Download: TW5 Launcher and Weather only (for Galaxy Nexus)

I did it on mine v1.4 and it works with no issues so far.

Enjoy a little bit of the S3!!!:D

burgess_boy

Sep 8, 2009
Bristol
[Solution] wlan_rx_wakelock

History

I have been searching for a solution to the wlan related wakelock, specifically the wlan_rx_wakelock, since using AOKP. After much searching I gathered that the cause of the wlan_rx_wakelock was as a result of the phone being awoken from deep sleep to send or receive date over wifi. This is thought to be specifically related to dynamic IP addresses.

I have been getting the wakelocks whilst using various kernels on both HydrogenICS and RootBox and after using a data packet sniffer Shark I was able to find some help.

Solution

I realise that there is a solution in the form of disabling IPv6 and various other services in the network properties from a computer essentially trying to disable ongoing traffic but unfortunately there have been accounts where this is only temporary. This solution would also be out of my hands in the case of using a wifi connection at work or another persons house. So essentially I was looking for a solution I could use from my phone, rather than turning wifi on and off each time i wanted to go on the internet.

Anyway whilst randomly googling I stumbled accross the thread of the Fluxi kernel for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777 and in particular this post.

Steps For Manual Disabling of IPv6

1. Install GScripts Lite

2. Download attached txt file and rename extension .sh

3. Place file in sdcard/sl4a/scripts

4. Open GScripts Lite, add script, name the script, tick need SU, press load file and select disable_ipv6.sh and press save.

5. Select script from screen and script will run.

NB I get a force close when GScripts auto closes but the script itself works.

You can check if the script has worked by going to proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/wlan0/disable_ipv6 - open the file as a text and you should see 1 if its ipv6 is disabled and 0 if it isn't.

Unfortunately you will have to run this script everytime you go out of wifi range or turn the wifi toggle on and off as it reverts back to being enabled when either of these events occur. There seems to be a permanent disabled option included in the xxtweaker app over in the forum but I don't have the skills to even start looking at that.

Steps For Automated Disabling of IPv6

1. Download Tasker from Play Store

2. Create New profile > State > Net > Wifi connected
Leave Wifi Connected Settings blank

3. Create New Task > Misc > Run Shell

command: echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/wlan0/disable_ipv6
Check Use Root

Results

Anyway I have tested this out on both my home and work wifi networks and have noticed considerable improvements in reducing wlan_rx_wakelocks and ultimately improving battery life. There are also many success stories over on the original thread.

I hope this can be of use to anybody suffering with similar wakelocks.

All credit goes to the original poster of the script and method, stone_ship.

Attachments

Last edited:

mareis1973

Jan 2, 2012
Swipe with two fingers slowly from left to right on the display.
It's a feature of the fluxi kernel.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: KS_Ho

pelpa87

Apr 2, 2012
Pilar
Hey guys... sometimes my phone doesnt reproduce my ringtone when someone is calling me( i had an mp3 as ringtone)....not always....most of the time when its charging...
Bajee do u need a logcat? Does fluxi log cat suits u??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

msquared

Apr 7, 2012
Milan
Hey guys... sometimes my phone doesnt reproduce my ringtone when someone is calling me( i had an mp3 as ringtone)....not always....most of the time when its charging...

Don't think is a fluxi issue because i've got it few times, and i was on thoravukk

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
You know you're kernel does good on Rootbox :D

Sent from my Awesome GT-I9100 Rom: Rootbox Kernal: Dorimanx
Still obsessed with benchmark tests I see. You do realise they mean nothing. If someone overclocked and tuned the HTC one x then that will be double then what it shows there.

Will that diminish our SG2 then?

No of course not because its more then enough for our needs.

With roms like RootBOX and RR carrying on development the way they are it doesn't matter.

And good kernals like siyah, fluxi and hopefully dorimanx continuing Thier development we have good things going on for us on SG2 for at least another year.

Ive seen tests on benchmarks done which showed half of what u got but

There was no difference in performance its just how these tests have been designed and if a kernal knows how to deceive these tests when its just a placid effect.

Believe me I was in ur shoes but have seen the light.

Even Bajee said so before and I didn't understand till now.

Unless someone can prove otherwise they are not to be trusted.

Main ROM : RootBOX 1.3

2nd Rom :

KERNEL :Siyah 3.3.2

Reactions: juzerali

bajee11

Mar 10, 2012
Montreal

logcat would be very useful yes.. I never used fluxi logcat, but I guess it should be good.

Sumit.K

Feb 24, 2012
New Delhi

I faced the same issue but it mostly happens after a reboot. Haven't checked it on 1.4. Hope Bajee catches the issue (if there is any :D)