[ROM][AOKP M6+][31/08][UNOFFICIAL] Pier's vanilla builds - ICS AOKP STABLE!

Search This thread

philippe734

Aug 14, 2012
Paris (FR)
github.com
Feedback + questions

Using this rom since one week and here my feedback :

- Very smooth
- Clean.
- Stable but camera rarely crash while tapping quickly on options button.

I came from gingerbread rom, and after flashing, I needed to reboot in recovery to reflash. No soucy, just an info.

My questions :

- Watch the picture attached : How to add the date somewhere in the pink cercle ?
- The AOKP team seeking device maintainers. Maybe, you could them to suggest to become the official guy which dev rom AOKP for i9100 ?

Anyway, I really like your work and this rom. I definitely stay on it and only update it. Thanks.

Attachments

• 409885Pbdate.png
    409885Pbdate.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 330

dirn1111

Apr 26, 2010
Earth
Love the rom.. but one issue, which seems to be aokp issue.
The arrows when data is enabled don't disappear after the data connection is turned off.
This should have been fixed ages ago..

add: Can you manually update weather on lockscreen itself?

Last edited:
Reactions: cx_

cx_

Jun 25, 2012
I answer to myself and to others:
We can add the missing date by flashing the file systemui.apk on page 25 post #244.

Not that I can see, but since Pier was able to point to the exact source of the issue, I just created my own SystemUI.apk. I removed the part you suggested and now I have the date back in the notification pull-down.
Just in case anyone needs it, I've attached the CWM flashable zip files, one for the modified SystemUI.apk from 0709 build, and the other to revert back to the original SystemUI.apk from the same build in case anyone has any issues with the modified one.

After flashing the patch, the h+ icon is gone :mad:

Sorry but how do I revert to get the h+ icon back? Now only getting h icon

Reinstall the ROM :(

Oh damn forgot to do a nadroid backup before flashing the patch :banghead: but it is worth it to reflash ur awesome rom!

I'm attaching the original SystemUI.apk from 20120811 (the latest build ATM) so you and other people that flash kamp's SystemUI.apk from 20120709 don't have to restore from backup or reinstall the whole ROM.Just put the .apk into /system/app via adb or a file manager (Solid Explorer, Root Explorer, ES File Explorer). I recommend doing it with adb, as I am not sure SystemUI.apk can be deleted and replaced while Android is still running.
I also made a CWM-flashable .zip (an updated version of kamp's SystemUI_Revert.zip for those that find flashing .zips easier than fiddling with the filesystem manually). If you're going to use the .zip instead, please make a nandroid backup first and reply here if anything is wrong with my .zip.

And again, if you do not have the date in the notification bar, go into Settings -> ROM Control -> Weather and enable it (Enable Weather must be ticked). If for whatever reason you do not want weather integration, just toggle it on and off. Date will be shown in the notification bar even with the weather disabled, but only if it has been enabled previously.

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • systemui_20120811.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: lerx and PieR

cx_

Jun 25, 2012
The arrows when data is enabled don't disappear after the data connection is turned off.

Confirmed on 20120811. Purely an aesthetic glitch, IMO low-priority for both Pier and the AOKP team since all the great devs are focusing on further polishing and fixing of JB builds for daily usage. If it annoys you that much, before turning data off wait until there is no network activity so the arrow indicators disappear and then proceed to turn off data. Not a sophisticated approach, but better than nothing.

NunxPT

Jul 18, 2010
Lisbon
www.cubocreation.net

add: Can you manually update weather on lockscreen itself?

Yup, that happens since I remember the first aokp build I tried months ago (not pier build related). It would be nice to have it fixed though :)

lerx

Feb 27, 2011
I'm attaching the original SystemUI.apk from 20120811 (the latest build ATM) so you and other people that flash kamp's SystemUI.apk from 20120709 don't have to restore from backup or reinstall the whole ROM.Just put the .apk into /system/app via adb or a file manager (Solid Explorer, Root Explorer, ES File Explorer). I recommend doing it with adb, as I am not sure SystemUI.apk can be deleted and replaced while Android is still running.
I also made a CWM-flashable .zip (an updated version of kamp's SystemUI_Revert.zip for those that find flashing .zips easier than fiddling with the filesystem manually). If you're going to use the .zip instead, please make a nandroid backup first and reply here if anything is wrong with my .zip.

And again, if you do not have the date in the notification bar, go into Settings -> ROM Control -> Weather and enable it (Enable Weather must be ticked). If for whatever reason you do not want weather integration, just toggle it on and off. Date will be shown in the notification bar even with the weather disabled, but only if it has been enabled previously.

Thanks! The patch worked perfectly! Got my h+ icon back :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: cx_

daoom

Mar 28, 2008
Montreal
I've been a recurring problem I can't figure out; once in a while I just can't seem to turn the phone on. It just just seems to hang in off mode and I have do a hard restart to get it going again.

I thought It might be a deep sleep issue, except that sometimes this happens very quickly ( as in I turn it off, wait a minute, and when I try and turn it back on it's "frozen".)

Any ideas?

I'm still trying to figure it out, it's intermittent but it seems to be related to notification; i.e. it seems to happen when the phone is asleep and a notification comes in (calendar reminder, test message, wifi network, app updates, etc). Instead of waking up and playing a sound or something it just seem to freeze and I have to have hard reset the phone.

Any ideas?

Mr.Greg

Sep 19, 2010
I'm still trying to figure it out, it's intermittent but it seems to be related to notification; i.e. it seems to happen when the phone is asleep and a notification comes in (calendar reminder, test message, wifi network, app updates, etc). Instead of waking up and playing a sound or something it just seem to freeze and I have to have hard reset the phone.

Any ideas?
Sir, just try different kernel or/and reflash rom without wipe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pics_logo.jpg

Those are UNOFFICIAL BUILDS, use at your own risk.
    Please let me know if this helps anyway =)

LATEST BUILD:

All builds are available on:
    http://xfer.in/pier and
    http://goo.im/devs/pier

• 31 Aug - M6+ (ICS) - aokp_galaxys2_pier_M6plus.zip - md5: 99c06552680c586276aa61e96e1a209f
    Code:
    Changelog:
    Project name: proprietary_vendor_samsung
      •chris41g - rename to d710 per other SGSII variants
      •Koushik Dutta - fix herp derp
      •chris41g - permissions

Project name: packages_apps_Camera
      •Ricardo Cerqueira - Camera: Prevent double-stops on preview for some HALs
      •Pierpaolo Pernici - camera: ISO support from CM7 (2/2)

Project name: platform_manifest
      •Pierpaolo Pernici - Tracking CM zlib to fix recovery build (fopen64)

Project name: android_bootable_recovery
      •Daniel Bateman - recovery: fix up key repeating
      •Koushik Dutta - 6.0.1.2
      •Koushik Dutta - First pass at fixing up the threading issues in ro.cwm.enable_key_repeat.
      •David Ferguson - recovery: support for more than 1 sdcard in USB mass storage

Project name: device_samsung_galaxys2
      •Pierpaolo Pernici - upd

Project name: platform_manifest
      •Pierpaolo Pernici - Tracking CM zlib to fix recovery build (fopen64)

Project name: frameworks_base
      •rodries - Fix compiling errors in AudioService.java
      •Phil Tunstall - Fix ring/notification volume not restoring correctly on headset (dis)connect
      •Phil Tunstall - Sound preference: Safe volume restore when plugging in a headset (1/2)
      •Phil Tunstall - Fix ring/notification volume not restoring correctly on headset (dis)connect
      •codeworkx - Smdk4210RIL: swap voice privacy and video
      •Emilio López - Turn off "too slow" logs.
      •codeworkx - camera: fix samsung/qcom conflict

• 23 Jul - CM9/AOKP KERNEL - kernel-cm-9-20120723-galaxys2-signed.zip - md5 efb12d05b7313e9821c5be1a866d09a3

GAPPS, for the lazy ppl:

MD5: 7c524e1e078164f681e0aa6753180b2c
    Link: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Misc stuff:

Older builds archive: > HERE <

FAQ:

If you do not have the date in the notification bar, go into Settings -> ROM Control -> Weather and enable it (Enable Weather must be ticked). If for whatever reason you do not want weather integration, just toggle it on and off. Date will be shown in the notification bar even with the weather disabled, but only if it has been enabled previously. (thx CX)

INFO and Credits:

My AOKP github: https://github.com/pierpp

Looking for me? come to Freenode IRC on channel #AOKP-SGS2

THANKS AND CREDITS TO:
    - AOKP and CyanogenMod Crews
    - Sixstringsg, Xplodwild, Snipa, Codeworkx
    - Bajee11, Rodries and the "real" SGS2 developers :p

SUPER SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SUPPORTERS!
    - john3166

CLICK THAT F/&%&"$ THANKS BUTTON!!!! :angel:
    no feedbacks yet? :)
    mine works ok
    NEW AOKP BUILD

- sdcard/emmc should be fixed.
    - added back SGS2 device settings.
    - added the ability to swap storage from settings (ala CM9)
    NEW M6 build done, folks use that as a "beta" since I had not time to test it yet :)
    New Build UP

New AOKP Build UP

+ sync'd repos
    + Added Apollo Music Player
    + Added File Manager