[ROM] AOKP-OREO for Samsung A5 2016 [A510XX]

Search This thread

bunnyy

Feb 16, 2018
In English it is : Good evening. I am sorry but I have a bug. When the phone A510F boots it displays the AOKP logo but then nothing else.

Rom is booting correctly, might be problem with the installation. Just download the latest aokp zip and arm nano gapps and clean flash it.
Wait for 5-10 mins to let it boot.

Tritrac456

Aug 23, 2018
Thank you

Thank you very much for your rom. It works perfect on my SM-A510F. I had one bug with the camera on whatsapp, that's all. Thank you to work against obsolescence.

Juste one comment I am neophyte on alternative ROM and it is not easy to understand the process to flash the phone and so and so.

Do you have bug with speaker on whatsapp?

bunnyy

Feb 16, 2018
Thank you very much for your rom. It works perfect on my SM-A510F. I had one bug with the camera on whatsapp, that's all. Thank you to work against obsolescence.

Juste one comment I am neophyte on alternative ROM and it is not easy to understand the process to flash the phone and so and so.

Do you have bug with speaker on whatsapp?

Camera bug is fixed for now and yes audio bugs are known bro working on it.
I didn’t get you ?? You didn’t understand the flash process??

Last edited:

AncStef

Sep 14, 2017
A5 stuck in Samsung logo

Hi there, I am new in all these software things but I want to learn each step. The problem is I need some advice from you guys.
Regarding my A5 (2016), after my friend tried to upgrade it, the device got stuck since then on Samsung logo. Please tell me what should I do with it?
Should I download a software and trying to flash it with Odin? If yes, how do I know which software is the proper one? From where I can download it? What's the difference between .exe and .zip? Which one is better?
Ah and something else, the pc doesn't recognize the device.
Thank you in advance and hopefully someone will give me some keys..

bunnyy

Feb 16, 2018
Hi there, I am new in all these software things but I want to learn each step. The problem is I need some advice from you guys.

Regarding my A5 (2016), after my friend tried to upgrade it, the device got stuck since then on Samsung logo. Please tell me what should I do with it?

Should I download a software and trying to flash it with Odin? If yes, how do I know which software is the proper one? From where I can download it? What's the difference between .exe and .zip? Which one is better?

What you exactly want to know??regarding rom??

M_J_Nazari

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2010
Bushehr
pda-planet.com

Hi
there are 2 methods for installing new firmwares and custom roms

1- Odin Method
2- Clockwork Recovery Mode Method

1: ODIN METHOD
for Odin method you need to prepare the requirement files
a: your phone USB drivers
b: Odin software, Odin software will install the firmware into your phone
c: firmware file
you need enter goto Download mode (every android devise has recovery mode and download mode)

Download mode needs for Odin installation method and Recovery mode is need to install zip files through cwm.

2: Recovery Method, CWM, TWRP
a: Install required version of CWM for your phone via ODIN mode
b: copy downloaded zip file (compatible with CWM) into internal storage of your phone
c: Goto recovery (CWM) mod, (while phone is restarted, hold Power, Vol Up and home button together and release them when the Samsung logo appears, your phone will goto recovery mod)
d: find your zip file and install it.

if you faced to any problem you have to use Combination Roms.

Last edited:
Reactions: AncStef

Faberix2

Jul 4, 2018
I would use TWRP instead of CWM, it's easier. Just search a tutorial for flashing TWRP, there are plenty of those.

When you have installed it, just follow the flashing instructions at the beginning of the topic.

AncStef

Sep 14, 2017
What you exactly want to know??regarding rom??

Hi there, first of all I never flashed a ROM. It will be my first time.. :D
Second, let me just explain to you better what I did till now and what I am talking about. It's about an SM-A510F. I will give you the details from "Download mode" because it's the only option which allows me to do anything.

ODIN MODE
DOWNLOAD SPEED: FAST
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
FRP LOCK: ON
Secure Download: Enabled

My friend tried to upgrade the software and after the software was installed and Odin did it's job, the device remained stuck on Samsung logo. I tried all the possibilities with the buttons, but it allows me to use just the "Download mode".
What I read so far about "flashing a new ROM" choosing TWRP option, but this makes me more confuse because once I started to read about "how to install the TWRP" seems like I need to root the device, then to obtain TWRP.img which I have no idea what exactly this means..
I don't know from where to start reading so I can find a good guide.
I don't know what to do next. What should I install? How to fix this software problem so the A5 could start working again.
Thank you

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Hi
there are 2 methods for installing new firmwares and custom roms

1- Odin Method
2- Clockwork Recovery Mode Method

1: ODIN METHOD
for Odin method you need to prepare the requirement files
a: your phone USB drivers
b: Odin software, Odin software will install the firmware into your phone
c: firmware file
you need enter goto Download mode (every android devise has recovery mode and download mode)

Download mode needs for Odin installation method and Recovery mode is need to install zip files through cwm.

2: Recovery Method, CWM, TWRP
a: Install required version of CWM for your phone via ODIN mode
b: copy downloaded zip file (compatible with CWM) into internal storage of your phone
c: Goto recovery (CWM) mod, (while phone is restarted, hold Power, Vol Up and home button together and release them when the Samsung logo appears, your phone will goto recovery mod)
d: find your zip file and install it.

if you faced to any problem you have to use Combination Roms.

Thank you for your response!
I tried with Odin but still the same. I downloaded the software for this model, installed with Odin. It didn't appear any error while the software was installed by Odin, and after it finished the Samsung Logo appeared and it remained there. It's like the device can't accept the software.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

I would use TWRP instead of CWM, it's easier. Just search a tutorial for flashing TWRP, there are plenty of those.

When you have installed it, just follow the flashing instructions at the beginning of the topic.

Thank you for your opinion.
I started to read about TWRP and seems like it asks the device to be rooted. How do I root my device? I can't access it at all. Just "Download Mode" is the only option which allows me to access it.
The tutorials about TWRP comes with plenty of other necessities.
https://twrp.me/Devices/ -> For example, on this page - https://eu.dl.twrp.me/a5xelte/ - I do not know which download link to choose. How do I know which one is proper for my device?
Thank you

bunnyy

Feb 16, 2018
[ROM] AOKP-OREO for Samsung A5 2016 [A510F/FD/Y/M]

Hi there, first of all I never flashed a ROM. It will be my first time.. [emoji3]

Second, let me just explain to you better what I did till now and what I am talking about. It's about an SM-A510F. I will give you the details from "Download mode" because it's the only option which allows me to do anything.

ODIN MODE

My friend tried to upgrade the software and after the software was installed and Odin did it's job, the device remained stuck on Samsung logo. I tried all the possibilities with the buttons, but it allows me to use just the "Download mode".

What I read so far about "flashing a new ROM" choosing TWRP option, but this makes me more confuse because once I started to read about "how to install the TWRP" seems like I need to root the device, then to obtain TWRP.img which I have no idea what exactly this means..

I don't know what to do next. What should I install? How to fix this software problem so the A5 could start working again.

Thank you

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

I tried with Odin but still the same. I downloaded the software for this model, installed with Odin. It didn't appear any error while the software was installed by Odin, and after it finished the Samsung Logo appeared and it remained there. It's like the device can't accept the software.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

I started to read about TWRP and seems like it asks the device to be rooted. How do I root my device? I can't access it at all. Just "Download Mode" is the only option which allows me to access it.

https://twrp.me/Devices/ -> For example, on this page - https://eu.dl.twrp.me/a5xelte/ - I do not know which download link to choose. How do I know which one is proper for my device?

Thank you

First of all you’ll have to disable FRP lock from the developers menu as mentioned above in the first thread, installation instructions for twrp.
Secondly you don’t need any root for installing twrp.

You can download twrp either from this thread or from as you’ve mention the official twrp website. Both will work. Download TWRP 2.3.2 or later version as it has support for android 8.1 or later respectively.

Read the post instructions carefully and follow them step by step you’ll not face any issues.

You can skip the driver installation step.

Download 8.1 arm nano gapps to flash with the rom zip. (Use nano gapps only to avoid google crashes, rest of the apps you can download later from the play store)

Remember to flash gapps and rom together, else play service will crash.

Last edited:

AncStef

Sep 14, 2017
First of all you’ll have to disable FRP lock from the developers menu as mentioned above in the first thread, installation instructions for twrp.
Secondly you don’t need any root for installing twrp.

You can download twrp either from this thread or from as you’ve mention the official twrp website. Both will work. Download TWRP 2.3.2 or later version as it has support for android 8.1 or later respectively.

Read the post instructions carefully and follow them step by step you’ll not face any issues.

You can skip the driver installation step.

Download 8.1 arm nano gapps to flash with the rom zip. (Use nano gapps only to avoid google crashes, rest of the apps you can download later from the play store)

Remember to flash gapps and rom together, else play service will crash.

Thank you Bunnyy, but there is a problem: "First of all you’ll have to disable FRP lock from the developers menu" - I can't access the phone at all. As I wrote before, the only option which allows me to do something it's through "Download Mode". When I turn it on, appears the Samsung logo and that's it. Remains like this till the battery will drain. I can't access "Recovery Mode" either.
What can I do if the FRP can't be unlocked? :(

bunnyy

Feb 16, 2018

Thank you Bunnyy, but there is a problem: "First of all you’ll have to disable FRP lock from the developers menu" - I can't access the phone at all. As I wrote before, the only option which allows me to do something it's through "Download Mode". When I turn it on, appears the Samsung logo and that's it. Remains like this till the battery will drain. I can't access "Recovery Mode" either.

Do you have a telegram??
It difficult here for me to every time open and check.

and for FRP just flash the stock firmware once using odin ap mode and start again.
Which will get your phone back to factory stock, from there you can give a fresh start.

No need of unlocking anything to flash stock, just download the firmware from either link and flash it.

Download the stock firmware from sammobile or theunlocker

Choose the correct country and latest version as you’ll not be able to downgrade the bootloader and will give errors, so kindly download the latest one.

Last edited:

bunnyy

Feb 16, 2018

If yes ping me up on telegram, it’s not a big deal.
Link is 3-4 post above this.

M_J_Nazari

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2010
Bushehr
pda-planet.com
Hi there, first of all I never flashed a ROM. It will be my first time.. :D

ODIN MODE

Thank you

Thank you

Download Odin https://devfiles.co/download/mhjr5aI8/Odin3_v3.13.1.zip

Download TWRP
https://files.fm/u/82nnb5t9

Reboot phone and run download mode

Open odin software on your pc
Connect your phone to pc

Put downloaded twrp tar file into AP and
Hit start on odin software and wait to successful job.
Your phone will reboot and runs normal

You may be will face to bootloop, phone will stuck on samsung logo or infinity restarts. If bootloop happens try to going to recovery mode, if you can't access to recovery by combination buttons, at first goto download mode then from bootloader , blue screen, try recovery combinations buttons, hold buttons until phone get restarted and release them when Samsung's galaxy a5 text and logo appears, wait for custom recovery environment.
After twrp recovery loads, select wipe data and wipe

Cache partition
Dalvik cache
Data partition

Your phone will be wiped to factory settings, all user data and apps will be erase.

After that restart your phone and wait to your phone boots successfully.
When your phone boots up, don't forget to disable frp lock before any customization

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Download TWRP

Connect your phone to pc

You may be will face to bootloop, phone will stuck on samsung logo or infinity restarts. If bootloop happens try to going to recovery mode, if you can't access to recovery by combination buttons, at first goto download mode then from bootloader , blue screen, try recovery combinations buttons, hold buttons until phone get restarted and release them when Samsung's galaxy a5 text and logo appears, wait for custom recovery environment.

Cache partition
Dalvik cache
Data partition

Your phone will be wiped to factory settings, all user data and apps will be erase.

When your phone boots up, don't forget to disable frp lock before any customization
If you couldn't fix your phone, try installing combination rom.

https://www.mediafire.com/download/puezzu1gnoxrs2u

The combination rom is made to fix phone, I've uploaded to mediafire

bunnyy

Feb 16, 2018

Download TWRP

Connect your phone to pc

Cache partition
Dalvik cache
Data partition

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

The combination rom is made to fix phone

No need of combination roms now you can just fix the phone with just one zip.

and firmware varies from country to country.

Reactions: M_J_Nazari

cyrilleG

Aug 5, 2018
problèmes with calls ans bluetooth

Hello everyone,

First, congratulation and thanks for this ROM. it's beautiful and a really upgrade after Android 7.0.

I installed the Android Rom aokp 8.1 on my Samsung A5 2016 sm a510F. I added Gapps nano.
I have two problems:
_When I have a call the sound and the microphone are cut off after a few minutes of communication.
_the calls do not work with my jabra elite 25e bluetooth headphones. the Google assistant button does not work either. the problem must come from the application jabra assist who manages the headset from the phone.

would you have an idea to solve this problem?

freely

Last edited:

roobert74

Aug 20, 2014

Download TWRP

Connect your phone to pc

Cache partition
Dalvik cache
Data partition

The combination rom is made to fix phone, I've uploaded to mediafire

Hello ,the combination rom work to fix my a510f no imei ,can u help me pls with some informations??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokp-logo-large.png

[ROM]
    AOKP-OREO
    For
    Samsung A5 2016 [A510xx]

20170717155119_912c787b.jpeg

ODIN 3.13.1

:D AOKP OREO for Samsung A5 2016 All Variants. --> A510F/A510FD/A510M/A510Y [Exynos7580] :D

:D :D Features : Full AOKP Rom Control :D :D

* Your warranty will be VOID after installing a custom ROM.
    * Get notified yourself that I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications,
    * and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device,
    * I will laugh at you.

• :rolleyes: Strictly for Samsung A5 2016 [A510xx] :rolleyes:
    • :angel: Please Flash on your own RISK. :angel:
    • :p WARRANTY wil be VOID. :p

Flash recovery using Odin, AP mode.

:confused: PREREQUISITE?? :confused:
    :confused: HOW?? :confused:

Recovery Installation :
    • Download and install the drivers for your A5
    • Go Settings - Developer Options - OEM unlocking
    • Enable OEM UNLOCK
    • :fingers-crossed: Now, Open Odin 3.13.1 :fingers-crossed:
    • Select the twrp-3.2.1-0-a5xelte.img.tar file in AP section
    • Reboot phone to Odin mode ( Power / Volume - / Home button )
    • Go to option in Odin and Uncheck Autoreboot
    • :D Flash it :D
    • Enter mode Recovery ( Power / Volume + / Home button )
    • ;) Enjoy ;)

ROM Installation :
    • Take a Backup of your phone
    • Now, WIPE *DALVIK, *CACHE, *SYSTEM, *INTERNAL, *DATA
    • Install the Zip & latest GApps
    • Wait for the phone to boot
    • Enjoy :D

NOTE : I WOULD RECOMMEND TO USE ARM-8.1-NANO GAPPS, ALSO FLASH THE ROM & GAPPS TOGETHER.

INFORMATION :
    Recovery Kernel : 3.2.x

INFORMATION :
    ROM Kernel : 3.10.x

:silly: Whoosh.....Warrant Void. Dont Blame Me. I Warned You. :silly:

Sources :

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP[OREO 8.1], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2016 A5

Contributors
    bunnyy

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    Machine Kernel: Linux 4.9.x
    ROM Kernel: 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Samsung A510F/FD/Y/M
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 664f4de3aa
    Beta Release Date: 2018-11-10

Created 2018-03-19
    Last Updated 2018-11-10

Please Hit Thanks if you found this useful. It costs nothing. :D :D
    You can buy me a Coffee at my PayPal, if you found this helpful. :D :D

:cowboy: SCREENSHOTS :cowboy:
    Issues :

• More to come :D :D

Fixed :
    • Calling(Speaker)

Builds :
    • Build 6 : 10/11/2018 (stable)
      [
      • Bluetooth Calling Finally Fixed
      • Finally No More UI Lag
      • October Security Patch
      • Battery Enhancement
      • Performance Enhancement
      • Many more changes don't remember them'll try and see... :p
      • Check Github For More Changes...
      ]
    • Build 5 : 01/08/2018 (testing)
      [
      • Fingerprint Restart Problem Gone Forever :crying: :crying:
      • July's Security Patch
      • Many major fixes
      ]
    • Build 4 : 06/06/2018 (testing)[May's Security Patch && Performace Upgrade]
    • Build 3 : 09/04/2018 (testing)[April Security Patch && Fixed some UI issues]
    • Build 2 : 28/03/2018 (testing)[Calling(Speaker) Fixed]
    • Build 1 : 26/03/2018 (testing)

Announcements :
    • Build 6 10/11/2018 : Build 6 uploaded. AndroidFileHost link added for faster downloads.
    • Build 5 01/08/2018 : Build 5 uploaded. AndroidFileHost link added for faster downloads.
    • Build 4 07/06/2018 : Build 4 uploaded. AndroidFileHost link added for faster downloads.
      [Now no more notification for downloading apps, NEW UI upgrade apps downloading progress will be showed in the menu rather than the notification bar.]
    • Build 3 09/05/2018 : Build 3 uploaded. AndroidFileHost link added for faster downloads.
    • Build 2 28/03/2018 : Build 2 uploaded. AndroidFileHost link added for faster downloads.
    • Build 1 26/03/2018 : Build 1 uploaded.

Please report bugs if found any.
    A small amount of token would be appreciated as an encouragement.

Please Hit Thanks if you found this useful. It costs nothing. :D :D
    You can buy me a Coffee at my PayPal, if you found this helpful. :D :D
    Did you fixed the speaker issue?? ??

Yes it is fixed.
    Issues :

• More to come :D :D

Fixed :
    • Calling(Speaker)

Builds :
    • Build 5 : 01/08/2018 (testing)
      [
      • Fingerprint Restart Problem Gone Forever :crying: :crying:
      • July's Security Patch
      • Many major fixes
      ]
    • Build 4 : 06/06/2018 (testing)[May's Security Patch && Performace Upgrade]
    • Build 3 : 09/04/2018 (testing)[April Security Patch && Fixed some UI issues]
    • Build 2 : 28/03/2018 (testing)[Calling(Speaker) Fixed]
    • Build 1 : 26/03/2018 (testing)

Announcements :
    • Build 5 01/08/2018 : Build 5 uploaded. AndroidFileHost link added for faster downloads.
    • Build 4 07/06/2018 : Build 4 uploaded. AndroidFileHost link added for faster downloads.
      [Now no more notification for downloading apps, NEW UI upgrade apps downloading progress will be showed in the menu rather than the notification bar.]
    • Build 3 09/05/2018 : Build 3 uploaded. AndroidFileHost link added for faster downloads.
    • Build 2 28/03/2018 : Build 2 uploaded. AndroidFileHost link added for faster downloads.
    • Build 1 26/03/2018 : Build 1 uploaded.

Build 5 : 01/08/2018 (testing)
    [
    * Fingerprint Restart Problem Gone Forever
    * July's Security Patch
    * Many major fixes
    ]
    thnx this worked for me after downloading for 2nd time.

theres no volte in it? is there any way to activate it?

Volte isn’t supported for Samsung exynos yet.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone