• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]AOSIP 5.9 LG G3[official builds]

Search This thread

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
Hello OP, I am just wondering what the update cycle is like for this ROM? Based on past releases it looked like you update every 2 weeks... Is that not the case? Not asking an ETA just wondering if it's a set cycle or whenever aosip releases an update?

Sent from my LG G3 using XDA Labs

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
There seems to be a visual glitch in the status bar when you rotate your phone to the left landscape orientation. Clean flashed, latest version on d852

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
How work the battery? Please send screenshots. Thanks :)
Battery life is dependent on one's usage and the apps one uses.
Google apps and services, third party apps and games, social media, etc.
Only real way to determine ROM's battery life is to run just the ROM and its included apps for a couple of cycles. Of course no one is gonna do that.

LG G3 D851, PAC-MAN LP ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Reactions: seanskiT!

mohammadtalha93

Apr 12, 2016
Lahore
i have installed the latest build for VS985 variant and im going through this weird issue.....on the first boot it detects my sim carrier but shows no signal....afterwards i have to go to CELLULAR NETWORKS in Settings and change it any mode which contains GSM or WCDMA or LTE because these are for my network.....after choosing GSM ONLY Sim phone starts to work on GSM ONLY but after 1 to 2 minutes it starts acting as WCDMA and shows in Status Bar sign of 3G/H+ where i have selected GSM Only......then i go back to Cellular Network to check did it changed in the settings automatically...but NO.....GSM only is selected in the preferred network and the network which is working is WCDMA.....no matter what i choose in settings menu or *#*#4636#*#* it remains on WCDMA....... and im bound to use GSM only for better calling as the area in which i live have weak WCDMA coverage and GSM coverage is very good here.......

the only thing that keeps it GSM only is changing default network line in build prop to GSM only(1)....but every time when i want use Mobile Data i have to change it in build.prop and reboot

and its really annoying...

i have tried every setting every bootstack and literally flashed every nougat and marshmallow rom which is available for my device....same thing is happening.....

But it works fine with Fulmics roms..........not even single on Fulmics....

but i want to use Nougat or Marshmallow LOS/AOSP based rom....because they are light and blazing fast...

somebody please help???

seanskiT!

Feb 27, 2013
Winston-Salem, NC
i have installed the latest build for VS985 variant and im going through this weird issue.....on the first boot it detects my sim carrier but shows no signal....afterwards i have to go to CELLULAR NETWORKS in Settings and change it any mode which contains GSM or WCDMA or LTE because these are for my network.....after choosing GSM ONLY Sim phone starts to work on GSM ONLY but after 1 to 2 minutes it starts acting as WCDMA and shows in Status Bar sign of 3G/H+ where i have selected GSM Only......then i go back to Cellular Network to check did it changed in the settings automatically...but NO.....GSM only is selected in the preferred network and the network which is working is WCDMA.....no matter what i choose in settings menu or *#*#4636#*#* it remains on WCDMA....... and im bound to use GSM only for better calling as the area in which i live have weak WCDMA coverage and GSM coverage is very good here.......

the only thing that keeps it GSM only is changing default network line in build prop to GSM only(1)....but every time when i want use Mobile Data i have to change it in build.prop and reboot

and its really annoying...

i have tried every setting every bootstack and literally flashed every nougat and marshmallow rom which is available for my device....same thing is happening.....

But it works fine with Fulmics roms..........not even single on Fulmics....

but i want to use Nougat or Marshmallow LOS/AOSP based rom....because they are light and blazing fast...

somebody please help???

Quit spamming

Sent from my LG-ls990 using XDA Labs

Reactions: wtr1225

mohammadtalha93

Apr 12, 2016
Lahore
Quit spamming

Sent from my LG-ls990 using XDA Labs

seriously dude ??? bro im not spamming...im posting here because ive just tried this rom to along with every other....
have a look at the screenshot with open eyes and pls check the zip files date and time too.......and yeah the build number too....try to match it with the latest build for your own clarity..

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    46.4 KB · Views: 299

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
@mohammadtalha93, you posted the same thing in about half a dozen ROM threads. That is spamming but I see what the deal is.

As far as I remember the VS985 is CDMA and supported GSM only at 2G. Based off old info, things may have changed. There's a lot of VZers out there so hopefully someone can share some tips on that.
The one from NatesLaw looks like your best bet.

LG G3 D851, PAC-MAN LP ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Last edited:
Reactions: christoophat

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
A tale of bad luck. Just flashed AOSiP with A-Gapps for testing purposes. Only to gather up a list of how A-Gapps can break parts of the ROM. Before rebooting to reflash the ROM I "clicked" on the icon for MusicFX (or whatever's labeled Snapdrago...).
Phone immediately went black. Pulled battery, restarted and see that MultiROM bootmanager isn't showing any ROMs. Go into TWRP and find I have no access to SD card. I thought oh no. Please don't tell me I've just lost my ROMs and all my wordly digital possessions. Nope.
Plugged SD card into a tiny card reader and plugged it back into the G3. Everything still intact. I can even boot the ROMs.

Apparently the SD slot just took a dump. Confirmed by putting in another SD card.
For me this is almost as bad as being bricked. Sigh.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, Bliss v7.3 ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

huzefaonline

Dec 21, 2012
Karachi
A tale of bad luck. Just flashed AOSiP with A-Gapps for testing purposes. Only to gather up a list of how A-Gapps can break parts of the ROM. Before rebooting to reflash the ROM I "clicked" on the icon for MusicFX (or whatever's labeled Snapdrago...).
Phone immediately went black. Pulled battery, restarted and see that MultiROM bootmanager isn't showing any ROMs. Go into TWRP and find I have no access to SD card. I thought oh no. Please don't tell me I've just lost my ROMs and all my wordly digital possessions. Nope.
Plugged SD card into a tiny card reader and plugged it back into the G3. Everything still intact. I can even boot the ROMs.

Apparently the SD slot just took a dump. Confirmed by putting in another SD card.
For me this is almost as bad as being bricked. Sigh.

Damn. Never heard of A-Gapps but I am not flashing that thing ever.

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
In the Marshmallow days, with certain ROMs, I really liked A-Gapps. Its main feature was the lack of an initial setup wizard. Great if you like to setup Google after setting up a ROM as I do. Was also a nice alternative during that period when folks were having Wizard problems.
Worked best on AOSP. On CM-based ROMs you'd get behavior similar to what I mentioned without a setup wizard of some sort, CM or Google.
The few times I've tried them on Nougat haven't worked out so well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dr6rSI1.png

Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on CAF N source. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:
    Josh Fox (@xlxfoxxlx)
    Paul Clark(@Dabug123)
    Akhil Narang(@akhilnarang)
    Sri Harsha(@srisurya95)
    Sean Grondin

Support/Community:
    Full support is always on the top of the list. visit our AOSiP Google plus community for all your ROM needs. There we have all the latest links to gapps , layers , and other helpful communities. Or just stop and engage in off topic fun.

Bug reporting:
    This is a big one. We work very hard for you guys so please help us out and follow these steps to report your bug. Ive even provided links for you to help out.

1. Very first step will be to attempt a new DL and clean flash.
    2. Pull a logcat and copy / paste it to hastebin .
    3. Visit AOSiP and post your issue with your log in the bug reporting section.
    4. Any bug reported without following procedure will be disregarded.

Source code:
    As the name states we are open source and encourage anyone to skim through the code. However the builds we release are not to be taken apart and parted out.
    AOSiP Gerrit Review
    AOSiP Github
    AOSiP Device Source
    Kernel Source

Latest Downloads:
    LG G3 Download folder

Installation Instructions:
    --> clean flash (ie, wipe data. system, caches)
    --> flash rom
    --> flash gapps
    --> flash theme ready gapps (if you want to subsratum)
    --> flash magisk if you want root
    ----> flash bump zip if you flash root Here

Credit/Thanks:
    Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google
    Dirty Unicorns
    AICP
    ABC Rom
    Flar(For great kernel base to build and add to!)
    Screwd
    Omni
    Krexus
    Cyanogenmod
    SlimRoms
    ChainFire (SuperSU)
    Beanstown106
    Cory Collins
    Any others i may have forgotten(sorry)
    All our testers

Donations:
    Donations are never asked but things such as server, gerrit, & website do cost the team money.
    If you're feeling like were deserving of a little tip please feel free to send it.​

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSIP, ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    @oadam11 , XLxFoXxLX, Dabug123, akhilnarang
    Source Code: github.com/AOSIP

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP
    Hey guys, new build is up. Enjoy!
    Hey guys, new build is up in the op. Enjoy!
    Pretty sweet! Other than the contacts fc (known issue), the rom has been performing stellar on my D851. Magisk is running without a hitch. The little Mono/Art tweaks are cool. No probs with Substratum. Wifi/data are fine. Bluetooth is fubared. The old Bluetooth Share fc is present. I can't pair anything. To early to tell much else. I'm going to put the rom through its paces despite the BT issue.
    Hello guys, new AOSIP build is up in the op. Enjoy!

--ps use google cam for video