• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM-AOSP][05-25-11] Evervolv | GRJ22/Android 2.3.4 | v1.1.0a1| USB MOUNTING!

Search This thread

ahager88

May 26, 2010
Cape Girardeau
www.facebook.com
Alright ladies and gentlemen, I am glad to finally bring you the Evervolv series of ROM's.

This rom would not be possible without the CM team, so i give them props any time i can.

The current team of Evervolv constists of:

preludedrew - Droid Incredible, Evo 4G, Evo Shift 4G & Nexus one maintainer; overall support & development
cocide - Evo 4G; Web; Linux and overall support & development; Viewsonic GTab maintainer/support
milesje - Evo 4G; java and overall support & development
Adhvanit - Graphics and Droid Incredible support.
RyteSyde - web and graphics development; Evo Shift 4G support
TpyoKnig - Web support and hosting.
smoothtaste - heroc support/maintainer

Contributors
Exxodium - Wallpaper graphics
Deck - What does deck do?

Everything should be working as of now. Please let me or us know if you find anything that's not in working order and we'll try to resolve the issue promptly. 4G widgets are currently still included in the build, just ignore, for now. :)

Screenshots of the ROM in action can be seen Here - Screenshots

Download the latest rom and view the changelog at Evervolv.com

Make sure to do a full wipe, even if you're coming from an older build, just to make sure. Also, flash Google Apps that are also on that download page.

Evervolv's Github. Click Me

Evervolv's current kernel. Click Me

Q&A

Is this CM7?

No, this is a build that started from AOSP. However, some of the fixes and few features have been derived from the CyanogenMod Team, including the CM kernel.

How social is the evervolv team?

You can join us on IRC, irc.freenode.net #evervolv. Or follow preludedrew and the status of Evervolv @preludedrew on twitter.

Last edited:

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
Does this rom include the T-Mobile Theme Engine? Downloading now but I'm at work so I'll report back in a little bit. Much appreciated :)

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

flyingemu

Sep 10, 2008
Orlando
Did a fresh wipe/data reset. Flashed the rom and the gb-0325 gapps. Everything installed with no issues, first boot went smooth.

It's a decent looking rom even though the font is really hard on my crappy eyesight, overall I like it so far besides the few issues i ran into. Market works and reinstalled all of my apps without issue. Everything syncs(contacts, gmail, apps, etc) Sent and received a few SMS messages. 1x/3g works. Browsed the internet. Can make and receive calls.

I thought it was a little slow after first boot but after a reboot it isn't as clunky and sporadicly laggy. Gallery took a bit initially but i think it was generating the new thumbnails

Camera force closes and does not open.

I receive an error when trying to start wifi. It just says error, I will logcat or something later when my kids aren't trying to beat me mercilessly.

Last edited:

flyingemu

Sep 10, 2008
Orlando
Also noticed USB not able to connect to the PC. It charges but when i select the "USB connected" from the notification bar the USB screen flashes for a moment and then the screen goes away.

twcrosno

Aug 25, 2010
Downers Grove
No wifi, no sound when I was checking ring tones, USB will not connect for transferring files and gallery a little glitchy, but man I love this ROM. Can't wait till it's all together. Excellent work guys!!

preludedrew

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
fix0rd

USB fixed, Wifi fixed, Sound fixed.. Anything else?

The power widgets are going to be an issue for a short period. I created them with HDPI in mind, and still need to do some adapting to MDPI.

smoothtaste, PM your gtalk me so we can get on the same page with things.

Reactions: TpyoKnig

preludedrew

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
how so? where? tease...

Normal distributions for phones that are supported go as follows

Test builds (current stage of the heroc), These go on irc in the main topic, i often tweet about them being there... but not always.

Nightly builds ( I call them nightlies because I used to do them once or twice a night for people back when gingerbread first came out, now i just put out nightlies when I think the rom is good, but want one last test ). - These can be found on twitter and in the IRC channels main topic.

XDA/evervolv.com builds - These are the obvious release builds... I do not do 'Stable releases' just because there's always something out there that im trying out... learning how to do.. so ya'all get what we're doing anyways. For the most part a 'beta' build is something that is stable enough for usage... yet the next week there could be something borked because im adding new things (like standalone power widgets are currently borked... working on them as soon as this message is written).

As far as the heroc is concerned, im fine with smoothtaste compiling and distributing.. ( this is an open community afterall) but i'll be doing an official release shortly (was close to doing one before 2.3.4 was merged, and then got busy with that =p)

my twitter account - @preludedrew

I post everything i do on there, kind of a 'twitlog' if you will.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright ladies and gentlemen, I am glad to finally bring you the Evervolv series of ROM's.

This rom would not be possible without the CM team, so i give them props any time i can.

The current team of Evervolv constists of:

preludedrew - Droid Incredible, Evo 4G, Evo Shift 4G & Nexus one maintainer; overall support & development
    cocide - Evo 4G; Web; Linux and overall support & development; Viewsonic GTab maintainer/support
    milesje - Evo 4G; java and overall support & development
    Adhvanit - Graphics and Droid Incredible support.
    RyteSyde - web and graphics development; Evo Shift 4G support
    TpyoKnig - Web support and hosting.
    smoothtaste - heroc support/maintainer

Contributors
    Exxodium - Wallpaper graphics
    Deck - What does deck do?

Everything should be working as of now. Please let me or us know if you find anything that's not in working order and we'll try to resolve the issue promptly. 4G widgets are currently still included in the build, just ignore, for now. :)

Screenshots of the ROM in action can be seen Here - Screenshots

Download the latest rom and view the changelog at Evervolv.com

Make sure to do a full wipe, even if you're coming from an older build, just to make sure. Also, flash Google Apps that are also on that download page.

Evervolv's Github. Click Me

Evervolv's current kernel. Click Me

Q&A

Is this CM7?

No, this is a build that started from AOSP. However, some of the fixes and few features have been derived from the CyanogenMod Team, including the CM kernel.

How social is the evervolv team?

You can join us on IRC, irc.freenode.net #evervolv. Or follow preludedrew and the status of Evervolv @preludedrew on twitter.
    Is there any way to enable apps2sd or install the apps to my sdcard or sdcard ext partition? I'm running out of room.

Look into data2ext ext2. Hockeyfamily posted a great thread with step by step instructions on how to achieve it. Also ducce posted it on his link thread. You can achieve a gig of internal mem along with a nice speed boots. But the type of sd card you have will determine how how much of a speed boost you will receive. But the internal mem gain will should solve your running out of room problem. Hope this helps.

#Root/Hack-Mod_Always*
    Please read op before any further posts are made. :)

In the mean time, i've posted nightlies on my twitter @preludedrew. Feel free to poke, prod and delight yourself.. I'll release nightlies on the same schedule as other phones from now on.
    I think there is a link to the source duce, just no credits.

~ π ~
    sent from GB hero.

Now there's both!

:D

If you guys dont like the launcher look and layout just go to Settings -> Evervolv Settings and select use default launcher layout.
    fix0rd

USB fixed, Wifi fixed, Sound fixed.. Anything else?

The power widgets are going to be an issue for a short period. I created them with HDPI in mind, and still need to do some adapting to MDPI.

smoothtaste, PM your gtalk me so we can get on the same page with things.