• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM-AOSP][05-25-11] Evervolv | GRJ22/Android 2.3.4 | v1.1.0a1| USB MOUNTING!

Search This thread

windtrader

Mar 23, 2009
Reporting back after some time on ROM

Evolver has solved my GPS locking issues. I did increase the min CPU time while phone is active and set scaling to performance. Using profile turning down when screen is off.

The phone does generally feel a bit laggy, like screens don't scream by and starting things up somethings seems to drag but the GPS is working so it is a worthwhile tradeoff for me.

Phone has very good battery life, easily going 24+ hours under normal use, meaning no long drives using GPS and screen on while on battery.

I have had a couple freezes and FC but not very often and who knows what caused it. Navigon runs fine but the voice is not totally smooth and has some hesitation but overall ROM is great and a keeper.

There are still some CM7 features I miss. Most missed is the ability to fine tune the auto brightness, particularly increasing low light levels; it is stock and stays too dark for me. Also miss the battery percent number in the top status bar. SetCPU does what CM7 option does. Really, that is it on missing CM7.

Last edited:

bdcrim

Oct 27, 2010
Evolver has solved my GPS locking issues. I did increase the min CPU time while phone is active and set scaling to performance. Using profile turning down when screen is off.

The phone does generally feel a bit laggy, like screens don't scream by and starting things up somethings seems to drag but the GPS is working so it is a worthwhile tradeoff for me.

Phone has very good battery life, easily going 24+ hours under normal use, meaning no long drives using GPS and screen on while on battery.

I have had a couple freezes and FC but not very often and who knows what caused it. Navigon runs fine but the voice is not totally smooth and has some hesitation but overall ROM is great and a keeper.

There are still some CM7 features I miss. Most missed is the ability to fine tune the auto brightness, particularly increasing low light levels; it is stock and stays too dark for me. Also miss the battery percent number in the top status bar. SetCPU does what CM7 option does. Really, that is it on missing CM7.

Have to tried running a memory manager such as Autokiller? It eliminated any lagginess that I had.

Mumnoch

Mar 21, 2011
Has anyone noticed battery drain issues? I have a Seidio 3500mAh battery on my Heroc and yet this morning I watched it go from 100% battery charge to 0% @ 1400. I used the wi-fi tether to give my nook internet access while at work and was playing off and on on it most that time (probably 4 hours worth of usage). Figured with a 3500 battery even with 4 hours of surfing/watching youtube my phones battery should of been at least 50%...

Is there a setting I missed? Other than the battery thing (and I'm not sure if it's this Rom's issue) this thing is sweet, couple of hickups but overall fantastic rom!

flashinglights

Jun 4, 2011
Texas
Has anyone noticed battery drain issues? I have a Seidio 3500mAh battery on my Heroc and yet this morning I watched it go from 100% battery charge to 0% @ 1400. I used the wi-fi tether to give my nook internet access while at work and was playing off and on on it most that time (probably 4 hours worth of usage). Figured with a 3500 battery even with 4 hours of surfing/watching youtube my phones battery should of been at least 50%...

Is there a setting I missed? Other than the battery thing (and I'm not sure if it's this Rom's issue) this thing is sweet, couple of hickups but overall fantastic rom!

You might want to take a look at the evervolv thread over at rootzwiki. They have an updated 2.3.5 version over there, don't really know why they stopped posting here but updates can be found over there. Updated version might help you with your problem?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Mumnoch

Mar 21, 2011
no dice, I'm using the latest Heroc according to their site, think I'll try some other roms out and see if I have better luck with battery life. Thanks for the link though)

MongooseHelix

Aug 29, 2010
Portland, OR, USA
I'm the maintainer of Evervolv for the Eris and wanted everybody to know that I plan on adding similar tweaks and updates to the heroc build since they are sister phones. I just put out a new release for the Eris and if people seem happy with it, I'll work on an update for you all.

bdcrim

Oct 27, 2010
I'm the maintainer of Evervolv for the Eris and wanted everybody to know that I plan on adding similar tweaks and updates to the heroc build since they are sister phones. I just put out a new release for the Eris and if people seem happy with it, I'll work on an update for you all.

I would appreciate the effort. Would those updates be different from preludedrews twitter page? Much thanks.....

MongooseHelix

Aug 29, 2010
Portland, OR, USA
I would appreciate the effort. Would those updates be different from preludedrews twitter page? Much thanks.....
He'll most likely tweet any updates that get released assuming we remember to do so :). These would still be official Evervolv builds built from source...just adding some HeroC-specific changes since I'm already doing them for the Eris. These will also include any new features and changes we make to Evervolv as a whole. Two things we added recently that are in the nightly preludedrew tweeted about the other day are:
* lockscreen volume button music control
* "hot reboot" option added to restart the android framework

Reactions: rubyknight

bdcrim

Oct 27, 2010
He'll most likely tweet any updates that get released assuming we remember to do so :). These would still be official Evervolv builds built from source...just adding some HeroC-specific changes since I'm already doing them for the Eris. These will also include any new features and changes we make to Evervolv as a whole. Two things we added recently that are in the nightly preludedrew tweeted about the other day are:
* lockscreen volume button music control
* "hot reboot" option added to restart the android framework

Thanks again. I would love to see this maintained on this forum. I drive this rom everyday and have had very few issues with the 3 hero's that our family uses.

MongooseHelix

Aug 29, 2010
Portland, OR, USA
I wanted to share the download link to a new nightly build for those interested in testing it out. I've basically incorporated the same tweaks and changes I have done for the Eris. Be sure to make a nand backup of your current ROM and do a full wipe before flashing the ROM and GApps.

Download Here

For a changelog, you can look at the one for v1.2.0b3 on the Eris page here. Note that this heroc build doesn't include cache2cache since you all often use custom mtd partitions. I gave some specific details on what tweaks I used in this post. Also, for reference, the Evervolv-Eris thread can be found here.

To give feedback, you can post here, come to #evervolv @ irc.freenode.net (webchat), or PM me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright ladies and gentlemen, I am glad to finally bring you the Evervolv series of ROM's.

This rom would not be possible without the CM team, so i give them props any time i can.

The current team of Evervolv constists of:

preludedrew - Droid Incredible, Evo 4G, Evo Shift 4G & Nexus one maintainer; overall support & development
    cocide - Evo 4G; Web; Linux and overall support & development; Viewsonic GTab maintainer/support
    milesje - Evo 4G; java and overall support & development
    Adhvanit - Graphics and Droid Incredible support.
    RyteSyde - web and graphics development; Evo Shift 4G support
    TpyoKnig - Web support and hosting.
    smoothtaste - heroc support/maintainer

Contributors
    Exxodium - Wallpaper graphics
    Deck - What does deck do?

Everything should be working as of now. Please let me or us know if you find anything that's not in working order and we'll try to resolve the issue promptly. 4G widgets are currently still included in the build, just ignore, for now. :)

Screenshots of the ROM in action can be seen Here - Screenshots

Download the latest rom and view the changelog at Evervolv.com

Make sure to do a full wipe, even if you're coming from an older build, just to make sure. Also, flash Google Apps that are also on that download page.

Evervolv's Github. Click Me

Evervolv's current kernel. Click Me

Q&A

Is this CM7?

No, this is a build that started from AOSP. However, some of the fixes and few features have been derived from the CyanogenMod Team, including the CM kernel.

How social is the evervolv team?

You can join us on IRC, irc.freenode.net #evervolv. Or follow preludedrew and the status of Evervolv @preludedrew on twitter.
    Is there any way to enable apps2sd or install the apps to my sdcard or sdcard ext partition? I'm running out of room.

Look into data2ext ext2. Hockeyfamily posted a great thread with step by step instructions on how to achieve it. Also ducce posted it on his link thread. You can achieve a gig of internal mem along with a nice speed boots. But the type of sd card you have will determine how how much of a speed boost you will receive. But the internal mem gain will should solve your running out of room problem. Hope this helps.

#Root/Hack-Mod_Always*
    Please read op before any further posts are made. :)

In the mean time, i've posted nightlies on my twitter @preludedrew. Feel free to poke, prod and delight yourself.. I'll release nightlies on the same schedule as other phones from now on.
    I think there is a link to the source duce, just no credits.

~ π ~
    sent from GB hero.

Now there's both!

:D

If you guys dont like the launcher look and layout just go to Settings -> Evervolv Settings and select use default launcher layout.
    fix0rd

USB fixed, Wifi fixed, Sound fixed.. Anything else?

The power widgets are going to be an issue for a short period. I created them with HDPI in mind, and still need to do some adapting to MDPI.

smoothtaste, PM your gtalk me so we can get on the same page with things.