• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM-AOSP][05-25-11] Evervolv | GRJ22/Android 2.3.4 | v1.1.0a1| USB MOUNTING!

Search This thread

rast4man

Dec 28, 2009
God's Waiting Room - Florida
Sprint Voicemail

I may be the last Hero owner that does not have sprint vvm working. I tried several of the known work arounds with no success. If there is anyone running this rom and cannot get it to work, extract the "voicemail.apk" from the gapps package (link below) and install it with root explorer. Works like a champ for me.

http://dev-host.org/5uu0xqtb0siq/gapps-hero-20110522-vm.zip

Google Voice FTW ;) I got SVM working and still went back to GVM. I dunno', SVM seems so...yesterday. lulz

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010
Flashed this rom over an hour ago. Very very impressed. I really like the icons, font and extra settings. One question I had, I attempted to change the Evervolv-Ingus from the drop down by editing the eri.xml file. When I reboot it stays the same. Is it possible to change?

Thank you guys for your hard work

poashll

Sep 3, 2010
Lincoln, NE
Flashed this rom over an hour ago. Very very impressed. I really like the icons, font and extra settings. One question I had, I attempted to change the Evervolv-Ingus from the drop down by editing the eri.xml file. When I reboot it stays the same. Is it possible to change?

Thank you guys for your hard work

Settings > Evervolv Settings > Lockscreen Settings > Lockscreen Carrier Caption

That will change what is displayed on your lockscreen and drop down.

Reactions: Sippi4x4man

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010
Does anyone else have GIANT headers and buttons in their Gmail.apk with this Rom? Message text displays at normal size, but the top header box and the top buttons (Star, Reply, Foward, etc) are HUGE and take up almost the entire screen. I'm thinking that maybe the latest GApps with this Rom has an HDPI Gmail packaged in, instead of the MDPI version? Can anyone else confirm this?

I have the same issue. Also when I am sending a text, the keyboard takes up almost the entire screen. Makes me wonder if there are some HDPI stuff floating around somewhere. When I had the "Big Buttons Keyboard" installed yesterday, it literally took up the entire screen and you could not see what you were typing at all. I'm now using Better Keyboard 8.

lisnupjr

Jun 30, 2010
Kenosha
Market?

I have no market... I just have something wrong with my hero. More than not, when I try a new rom, I don't have a market. SOO I'm going to wipe everything again, and re-install the rom. It did install pretty quick.. about 35 seconds.

petermg

Aug 7, 2008
I love this rom but I can't get USB tethering to work. it gives my computer a LAN IP but I can't go anywhere can't seem to resolve any names..... anyone else having this problem? I wiped my phone before I installed the rom.

petermg

Aug 7, 2008
I love this rom but I can't get USB tethering to work. it gives my computer a LAN IP but I can't go anywhere can't seem to resolve any names..... anyone else having this problem? I wiped my phone before I installed the rom.

Using this USB tether application fixed my issue:
http://code.google.com/p/android-wired-tether/downloads/list

I have attached the file I downloaded from that site. It's the Google Wired Tether app.

For some reason before I used this tethering app I was able to turn on USB Tethering from the SETTINGS, WIRELESS & NETWORKS, TETHERING, and I would get a LAN IP, but for some reason could not resolve names. I could type in the IP of a site and the site would come up, but could not resolve. I even used EASY TETHER and same issue. Only using this Google Wired Tether app was I now able to tether successfully.

Attachments

• wired_tether_1_4.apk
    268.4 KB · Views: 6

lisnupjr

Jun 30, 2010
Kenosha
Slowing down

Hey, I have about 3/4 the apps I normally have on here and i'm getting at most 28MB out of the rom. The rom is soo smooth and has no issues, just loading things is starting to take longer and longer.. Anything I should know about, or should I live to learn without some of my apps. =/

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Is there any way to enable apps2sd or install the apps to my sdcard or sdcard ext partition? I'm running out of room.

Look into data2ext ext2. Hockeyfamily posted a great thread with step by step instructions on how to achieve it. Also ducce posted it on his link thread. You can achieve a gig of internal mem along with a nice speed boots. But the type of sd card you have will determine how how much of a speed boost you will receive. But the internal mem gain will should solve your running out of room problem. Hope this helps.

#Root/Hack-Mod_Always*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright ladies and gentlemen, I am glad to finally bring you the Evervolv series of ROM's.

This rom would not be possible without the CM team, so i give them props any time i can.

The current team of Evervolv constists of:

preludedrew - Droid Incredible, Evo 4G, Evo Shift 4G & Nexus one maintainer; overall support & development
    cocide - Evo 4G; Web; Linux and overall support & development; Viewsonic GTab maintainer/support
    milesje - Evo 4G; java and overall support & development
    Adhvanit - Graphics and Droid Incredible support.
    RyteSyde - web and graphics development; Evo Shift 4G support
    TpyoKnig - Web support and hosting.
    smoothtaste - heroc support/maintainer

Contributors
    Exxodium - Wallpaper graphics
    Deck - What does deck do?

Everything should be working as of now. Please let me or us know if you find anything that's not in working order and we'll try to resolve the issue promptly. 4G widgets are currently still included in the build, just ignore, for now. :)

Screenshots of the ROM in action can be seen Here - Screenshots

Download the latest rom and view the changelog at Evervolv.com

Make sure to do a full wipe, even if you're coming from an older build, just to make sure. Also, flash Google Apps that are also on that download page.

Evervolv's Github. Click Me

Evervolv's current kernel. Click Me

Q&A

Is this CM7?

No, this is a build that started from AOSP. However, some of the fixes and few features have been derived from the CyanogenMod Team, including the CM kernel.

How social is the evervolv team?

You can join us on IRC, irc.freenode.net #evervolv. Or follow preludedrew and the status of Evervolv @preludedrew on twitter.
    Is there any way to enable apps2sd or install the apps to my sdcard or sdcard ext partition? I'm running out of room.

Look into data2ext ext2. Hockeyfamily posted a great thread with step by step instructions on how to achieve it. Also ducce posted it on his link thread. You can achieve a gig of internal mem along with a nice speed boots. But the type of sd card you have will determine how how much of a speed boost you will receive. But the internal mem gain will should solve your running out of room problem. Hope this helps.

#Root/Hack-Mod_Always*
    Please read op before any further posts are made. :)

In the mean time, i've posted nightlies on my twitter @preludedrew. Feel free to poke, prod and delight yourself.. I'll release nightlies on the same schedule as other phones from now on.
    I think there is a link to the source duce, just no credits.

~ π ~
    sent from GB hero.

Now there's both!

:D

If you guys dont like the launcher look and layout just go to Settings -> Evervolv Settings and select use default launcher layout.
    fix0rd

USB fixed, Wifi fixed, Sound fixed.. Anything else?

The power widgets are going to be an issue for a short period. I created them with HDPI in mind, and still need to do some adapting to MDPI.

smoothtaste, PM your gtalk me so we can get on the same page with things.