• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM-AOSP][05-25-11] Evervolv | GRJ22/Android 2.3.4 | v1.1.0a1| USB MOUNTING!

Search This thread

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Hey, I have about 3/4 the apps I normally have on here and i'm getting at most 28MB out of the rom. The rom is soo smooth and has no issues, just loading things is starting to take longer and longer.. Anything I should know about, or should I live to learn without some of my apps. =/

Also check out data2ext ext2.

#Root/Hack-Mod_Always*

Reactions: drlzanej

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
great job on this ROM. very snappy,very smooth. had no trouble with it what so ever, and it looks good too. the only downside to it is the fonts, just a little too small, hard to read fast when your on the move. other than that bravo guys great job...

bdcrim

Oct 27, 2010
great job on this ROM. very snappy,very smooth. had no trouble with it what so ever, and it looks good too. the only downside to it is the fonts, just a little too small, hard to read fast when your on the move. other than that bravo guys great job...

There is a zip file in post 56 of this thread that contains standard fonts that I am using. You can flash it from recovery. Should be easier on the eyes.

petermg

Aug 7, 2008

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010

petermg

Aug 7, 2008
No prob. Are you using ext4?? If so I'd recommended checking into getting your phone s-off status. Just for a safety net. Nevertheless glad you got it up and running.

Locked & Loaded

ext2 on mine and ext4 for my wife's. I think I do have s-off. How can I tell?

ahager88

May 26, 2010
Cape Girardeau
www.facebook.com
ext2 on mine and ext4 for my wife's. I think I do have s-off. How can I tell?

When you boot into HBOOT it SHOULD say S-Off at the top, although I'm not entirely sure with the Hero at this point and don't have one present to verify. That was the case with my Evo Shift, in any case.

Sorry for the lack of posts guys, have a LOT of personal stuff going on. Glad to see everybody is still enjoying the rom!

oostah

Oct 15, 2010
Cullowhee
When you boot into HBOOT it SHOULD say S-Off at the top, although I'm not entirely sure with the Hero at this point and don't have one present to verify. That was the case with my Evo Shift, in any case.

Sorry for the lack of posts guys, have a LOT of personal stuff going on. Glad to see everybody is still enjoying the rom!
yes your right its at the top.
power off then hold power and volume down it will take you to the screen that will have it at the top.

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
I flashed this w gapps everything is working but when phone tries to download anything from mkt or internet it wont download gmail attachments the phone will reboot any ideas how to fix??

chromiumleaf

May 20, 2010
Austin, TX
Google Maps & Navigation

Anyone have trouble with Google Navigation force-closing after a few minutes in this ROM? Any time I use Maps and the Navigation turn-by-turn driving directions, the app force-closes after maybe 10 to 15 minutes of usage. It usually will start back up again when I relaunch it, but it's just annoying (and sometimes a big inconvenience) when I am driving somewhere new and the GPS/nav totally freezes up every few minutes. Anyone else experience this?

I haven't updated to the newest nightly yet (June 26 I think) and am about to try that later today, so maybe a fresh wipe and reinstall will fix this. I'll report back if so.

UPDATE: In newest nightly (June 26) I still get this same issue. Could it have something to do with my SetCPU speeds/governor? I'm running interactive mode 691/352. But I've used those setcpu settings for months now and never had trouble with Navigation on any previous roms but this one. Maybe I'll try switching speeds and governors to see if that helps anything. I know Nav can sometimes make the phone run hot, but I never get a full reboot/shutdown, just a force-close of the Nav app after a few minutes. Any thoughts?

UPDATE 7/14/11: nevermind, I see it's an issue with the CM and AOSP 2.3.4 builds. Several others in the aospCMod and jaybob threads are discussing this same issue. Supposedly jaybob's CM build with the new .35 kernel performs better with GPS and Navigation, so if nothing in SetCPU works I may try out the new kernel.

UPDATE 7/19/11: I've found a setup that so far has fixed the GPS/Nav freezing and FCs, by really boosting up SetCPU big time. I've had successful non-freezing tests of up to 25 and 30 mins using this setup so far. See my post here in the jaybob thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15794259&postcount=595 Hope this will be helpful to some others of you out there who are currently dealing with this.

Last edited:

zachslavin

Jul 8, 2010
Reno, NV
Hey guys, I recently revived my Hero after my previous battery almost exploded. Long story short, I have replaced the battery and just flashed Evervolv. I must say that I have had better luck with this ROM as far as responsiveness goes compared to others. My problem lies in I am having major batter drain, like a couple hours and it's dead. I've deleted almost every app that I have downloaded to see if that eliminates the problem but I guess my question is am I able to use Collin's Battery Tweak with this ROM? Or any other suggestions?

Note: The end of my phone where my cable goes does not hold the cable in the phone so it takes great precision (especially with a toddler) to balance the phone on an object to get it to charge...LAME.

windtrader

Mar 23, 2009
UPDATE 7/19/11: I've found a setup that so far has fixed the GPS/Nav freezing and FCs, by really boosting up SetCPU big time. I've had successful non-freezing tests of up to 25 and 30 mins using this setup so far. See my post here in the jaybob thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=595 Hope this will be helpful to some others of you out there who are currently dealing with this.
I was directed here from a post on jaobob ROM about GPS stability. Your post is the ONLY one mentioning GPS issues. Yeah, I'm one of the guys floating from ROM to ROM trying to get back to a stable GPS for running apps longer than a few minutes.

How many are using GPS apps on this ROM for trips longer than 20-30 minutes and not gettting lockups/FC/reboots, etc.?

revcp

Nov 8, 2008
Twin Cities
Ringtone Force Close

I'm getting a force close when I try to change ring tone through settings/sound/phone ringtone. I thought I might be able to do a workaround by downloading ringdroid and going in through that app, but after trying to open it force closes before it gets anywhere. Anyone have any idea on a fix?

windtrader

Mar 23, 2009
I used my phone GPS twice with the Navaigon mapping app for about 5.5 hours with no problems and google maps for many 15 -30 minutes trips. Never a problem on this rom.
Was this using the basic Evolver ROM and taking the defaults or did you alter other settings to tweak CPU, compcache, etc.?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright ladies and gentlemen, I am glad to finally bring you the Evervolv series of ROM's.

This rom would not be possible without the CM team, so i give them props any time i can.

The current team of Evervolv constists of:

preludedrew - Droid Incredible, Evo 4G, Evo Shift 4G & Nexus one maintainer; overall support & development
    cocide - Evo 4G; Web; Linux and overall support & development; Viewsonic GTab maintainer/support
    milesje - Evo 4G; java and overall support & development
    Adhvanit - Graphics and Droid Incredible support.
    RyteSyde - web and graphics development; Evo Shift 4G support
    TpyoKnig - Web support and hosting.
    smoothtaste - heroc support/maintainer

Contributors
    Exxodium - Wallpaper graphics
    Deck - What does deck do?

Everything should be working as of now. Please let me or us know if you find anything that's not in working order and we'll try to resolve the issue promptly. 4G widgets are currently still included in the build, just ignore, for now. :)

Screenshots of the ROM in action can be seen Here - Screenshots

Download the latest rom and view the changelog at Evervolv.com

Make sure to do a full wipe, even if you're coming from an older build, just to make sure. Also, flash Google Apps that are also on that download page.

Evervolv's Github. Click Me

Evervolv's current kernel. Click Me

Q&A

Is this CM7?

No, this is a build that started from AOSP. However, some of the fixes and few features have been derived from the CyanogenMod Team, including the CM kernel.

How social is the evervolv team?

You can join us on IRC, irc.freenode.net #evervolv. Or follow preludedrew and the status of Evervolv @preludedrew on twitter.
    Is there any way to enable apps2sd or install the apps to my sdcard or sdcard ext partition? I'm running out of room.

Look into data2ext ext2. Hockeyfamily posted a great thread with step by step instructions on how to achieve it. Also ducce posted it on his link thread. You can achieve a gig of internal mem along with a nice speed boots. But the type of sd card you have will determine how how much of a speed boost you will receive. But the internal mem gain will should solve your running out of room problem. Hope this helps.

#Root/Hack-Mod_Always*
    Please read op before any further posts are made. :)

In the mean time, i've posted nightlies on my twitter @preludedrew. Feel free to poke, prod and delight yourself.. I'll release nightlies on the same schedule as other phones from now on.
    I think there is a link to the source duce, just no credits.

~ π ~
    sent from GB hero.

Now there's both!

:D

If you guys dont like the launcher look and layout just go to Settings -> Evervolv Settings and select use default launcher layout.
    fix0rd

USB fixed, Wifi fixed, Sound fixed.. Anything else?

The power widgets are going to be an issue for a short period. I created them with HDPI in mind, and still need to do some adapting to MDPI.

smoothtaste, PM your gtalk me so we can get on the same page with things.