• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][AOSP][11.0][OFFICIAL][olive] dotOS v5.2 for Redmi 8

Search This thread

Godot11

Mar 16, 2017
Recovery
Format
To recovery
Farmat data cache vendor system
Flash rom
Done
I have the exact same problem, and the above didn't help. This is the first time I install a custom ROM, so I maybe skipped a few steps? I installed TWRP from the official site, and also a custom vbmeta as per this comment (with fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img), then I followed the above. I only flashed DotOS, nothing else. After it I am in a bootloop, until recovery loads again. Any help?

mrjoker18

Jun 8, 2021
I have the exact same problem, and the above didn't help. This is the first time I install a custom ROM, so I maybe skipped a few steps? I installed TWRP from the official site, and also a custom vbmeta as per this comment (with fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img), then I followed the above. I only flashed DotOS, nothing else. After it I am in a bootloop, until recovery loads again. Any help?
you have to format data after you install the rom

mrjoker18

Jun 8, 2021
im using twrp recovery to reflash stock rom again., thanks GOD .,my phone relive again., its so very risky in anyone who tried to install any custom rom., can you give me a reason why after installing this rom .i ended up in fasboot mode? ive try the procedure but same error happens many times.,
format data after installing rom sir but i think it needed gapps though .,if that wont.work .wait for official version., im just waiting till now .developer fixing some.bugs.and error on this rom

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
i havent flashed the vbmeta, and ive successfully installed crdroid twice on my phone and once in a friends phone. i honestly dont know if the vbmeta is required. FTR crdroid is ported by the same dev. ive also tried all of zarcos LOS ROMs and they worked. just make sure you read the install guide and not try following random tips. they are ALL required, most other threads follow the same guide

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
format data after installing rom sir but i think it needed gapps though .,if that wont.work .wait for official version., im just waiting till now .developer fixing some.bugs.and error on this rom
format does not mean wipe, follow the install guide
> format data
> reboot recovery
> wipe data dalvik cache system vendor internal
> reboot recovery
> install rom

before modding this phone, ive modded a ton others, and GAPPs is never required

i havent tried installing this yet, but most install guides for modern OSs are the same

mrjoker18

Jun 8, 2021
format data after installing rom sir but i think it needed gapps though .,

> format data
> reboot recovery
> reboot recovery
> install rom

i havent tried installing this yet, but most install guides for modern OSs are the same

> format data
> reboot recovery
> reboot recovery
> install rom

without gapps you cant use this rom in fully funnctional. this rom has no camera.and browser ., ive tried this last month but it has a lot of bugs

Mar 3, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Hey!
In fact, I discovered that we have to install the Permissiver V5 to launch the rom.... I'm not in my house, but this package should be in the "guides" section of this Redmi 8's forum.
Hope you'll be lucky,
Pierre

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
without gapps you cant use this rom in fully funnctional. this rom has no camera.and browser ., ive tried this last month but it has a lot of bugs
thats weird, on the crdroid thread you also said that. im still on the 07-05 build. are you sure the ROM is missing those apps? no one else has reported missing browser|camera|music?

i do hope devs were more active here. i dont think ive seen them chat with the users much on here. they usually like chatting on their telegrap/whatsapp. forums are a much better place for important discussions like these. thats also why i didnt use the earlier ROMs on here...
Hey!
In fact, I discovered that we have to install the Permissiver V5 to launch the rom.... I'm not in my house, but this package should be in the "guides" section of this Redmi 8's forum.
Hope you'll be lucky,
Pierre
permissiver was required for GSI, this is a full custom for our phones. none of the ROM threads mention needing to install it. did @mrjoker18 have it installed too?

mrjoker18

Jun 8, 2021
thats weird, on the crdroid thread you also said that. im still on the 07-05 build. are you sure the ROM is missing those apps? no one else has reported missing browser|camera|music?

i do hope devs were more active here. i dont think ive seen them chat with the users much on here. they usually like chatting on their telegrap/whatsapp. forums are a much better place for important discussions like these. thats also why i didnt use the earlier ROMs on here...

permissiver was required for GSI, this is a full custom for our phones. none of the ROM threads mention needing to install it. did @mrjoker18 have it installed too?
yeah i install the latest crdroid with flamegapps., but suddenly there is no camera browser.and music app too.,butmost of.all its very stable rom for.me., but for me the three apps are very important to me . i hope someone.make.a. GAPPS BUILD rom so we dont.need.to flash gapps.at all

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
yeah i install the latest crdroid with flamegapps., but suddenly there is no camera browser.and music app too.,butmost of.all its very stable rom for.me., but for me the three apps are very important to me . i hope someone.make.a. GAPPS BUILD rom so we dont.need.to flash gapps.at all
i might try it later on since im pretty curious, unless someone else can also confirm whether there are some missing base packages.

what other ROMs have you tried from here? curious to see how youd compare them because ive only tried crdroid and LOS from years ago...

Godot11

Mar 16, 2017
@mrjoker18 @fonzacus Thanks for the tips! I don't know if it was because this time I explicitly wiped data, or because I also flashed Permissiver V5, or just did something else differently, but I made it work.

It's a cool ROM, I only wish it had a bit more functions that I miss from MIUI. Dual apps, split screen, switch to previous app with long swipe gesture...

Also, for me it seems that GPS just doesn't work at all. Is it just me, did I miss something?

mrjoker18

Jun 8, 2021
@mrjoker18 @fonzacus Thanks for the tips! I don't know if it was because this time I explicitly wiped data, or because I also flashed Permissiver V5, or just did something else differently, but I made it work.

It's a cool ROM, I only wish it had a bit more functions that I miss from MIUI. Dual apps, split screen, switch to previous app with long swipe gesture...

Also, for me it seems that GPS just doesn't work at all. Is it just me, did I miss something?
wait for official version ., they will release it when.bugs and.error are fixed.,

FunnySkeleton

Jul 24, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Hey ....
may be this guide is fully completed to flash any official and unofficial custom rom of android 11 to the Olive or other xiaomi device..

1. Download The custom rom to the external storage .

2. Download TWRP or any custom recovery , vbmeta.img, Android 11 Gapps { pico, nano, stock all are supported but i flashed pico to use in various roms all were working fine } .

3.Move vbmeta.img and twrp.img to ADB folder.

3.Make sure ADB is installed in your PC, and usb developing is Turn on in your phone and bootloader is unlocked.

4.Boot your phone into Bootloader.

5.Connected Your Phone To Adb using Usb.

6.Type Command:

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

fastboot boot twrp.img

" device will boot into twrp to check it is properly installed .
now go to reboot in twrp and tap reboot to bootloader. "

connect your phone to adb and type command :

--disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

fastboot boot twrp.img

7. Twrp recovery or any custom recovery will boot .... { make sure you have backup you all important data or media } go to format and type yes and format you phone .

8. Go to wipe > Advanced wipe > select Dalvik, Internal storage , Cache , system , vendor > WIPE .

9. Reboot your phone into recovery using twrp .

10. Move your custom rom and Gapps or Magisk ( if you need ) to the internal storage of your phone.

11.go to flash and select your custom rom and slide to flash.

12. wait untill completition flashing , then flash Gapps of your choice (considering flash magisk after first reboot of your custom rom using twrp ) .

13. now tap to REBOOT ..

HERE YOU GO !!!!

FunnySkeleton

Jul 24, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
dotOS_banner-5.0.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 5.1.1
Device: olives
Maintainer: deadlylxrd
Build Status: UNOFFICIAL

banner_discl.png

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM that focuses on performance, stability, and User Experience. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get the most out of your device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH/First Time Installation :

Download the latest build (Both Vanilla [Non-gapps] and Gapps builds are available)
First Make sure recovery is installed. (TWRP recovery works fine as of now)
Reboot to recovery
Make nandroid backup (Not Necessary, but just in case if you lost somewhere)
Format data -> Yes
Reboot to recovery
Wipe Data, dalvik cache, cache, system, vendor, internal storage
Reboot to recovery
Install ROM
Install Magisk if needed
Reboot to system

DIRTY FLASH :
Download the latest build
Reboot to recovery
Flash the latest build
Wipe Cache and Dalvik cache
If you used Magisk and/or a custom kernel, reinstall them
Reboot to system

Note: GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk/Su is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the OTA Update.

banner_downlods.png

Website - https://www.droidontime.com/devices

banner_features.png

Complete Changelogs: https://changelogs.droidontime.com/

banner_credits.png

AOSP

Lineage OS
Pixel Experience
Dirty Unicorns

And all other open-source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer
Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer
Sipun Kumar - Developer/Maintainer

Special thanks:
Manish Bajpai
- Web Developer

Important Links

If you liked our Project, please consider supporting us. - Donate - https://www.paypal.me/MOHANCM

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources
telegram.png

Telegram Group
Telegram Channel

web.png

Website

Downloads page

REPORTING BUGS !

As soon as the problem occurs, take a LOGCAT!

for more READ THIS

and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

Contributors: @deadlylxrd, @me_cafebabe
Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS
Kernel Source: - https://github.com/IAmDeadlylxrd/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm439
ROM OS Version: 11.x Android R

Version Information
STABLE
Current Stable Version: v5.1.1
Stable Release Date: 07-07-2021
Hey ....
may be this guide is fully completed to flash any official and unofficial custom rom of android 11 to the Olive or other xiaomi device..

2. Download TWRP or any custom recovery , vbmeta.img, Android 11 Gapps { pico, nano, stock all are supported but i flashed pico to use in various roms all were working fine } .

3.Make sure ADB is installed in your PC, and usb developing is Turn on in your phone and bootloader is unlocked.

6.Type Command:

fastboot boot twrp.img

fastboot boot twrp.img

7. Twrp recovery or any custom recovery will boot .... { make sure you have backup you all important data or media } go to format and type yes and format you phone .

8. Go to wipe > Advanced wipe > select Dalvik, Internal storage , Cache , system , vendor > WIPE .

10. Move your custom rom and Gapps or Magisk ( if you need ) to the internal storage of your phone.

12. wait untill completition flashing , then flash Gapps of your choice (considering flash magisk after first reboot of your custom rom using twrp ) .

13. now tap to REBOOT ..

HERE YOU GO !!!!

FunnySkeleton

Jul 24, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Hey ....

6.Type Command:

fastboot boot twrp.img

fastboot boot twrp.img

dotOS_banner-5.0.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 5.1.1
Device: olives
Maintainer: deadlylxrd
Build Status: UNOFFICIAL

banner_discl.png

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM that focuses on performance, stability, and User Experience. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get the most out of your device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH/First Time Installation :

Download the latest build (Both Vanilla [Non-gapps] and Gapps builds are available)
First Make sure recovery is installed. (TWRP recovery works fine as of now)
Reboot to recovery
Make nandroid backup (Not Necessary, but just in case if you lost somewhere)
Format data -> Yes
Reboot to recovery
Wipe Data, dalvik cache, cache, system, vendor, internal storage
Reboot to recovery
Install ROM
Install Magisk if needed
Reboot to system

DIRTY FLASH :
Download the latest build
Reboot to recovery
Flash the latest build
Wipe Cache and Dalvik cache
If you used Magisk and/or a custom kernel, reinstall them
Reboot to system

Note: GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk/Su is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the OTA Update.

banner_downlods.png

Website - https://www.droidontime.com/devices

banner_features.png

Complete Changelogs: https://changelogs.droidontime.com/

banner_credits.png

AOSP

Lineage OS
Pixel Experience
Dirty Unicorns

And all other open-source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer
Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer
Sipun Kumar - Developer/Maintainer

Special thanks:
Manish Bajpai
- Web Developer

Important Links

If you liked our Project, please consider supporting us. - Donate - https://www.paypal.me/MOHANCM

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources
telegram.png

Telegram Group
Telegram Channel

web.png

Website

Downloads page

REPORTING BUGS !

As soon as the problem occurs, take a LOGCAT!

for more READ THIS

and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

Contributors: @deadlylxrd, @me_cafebabe
Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS
Kernel Source: - https://github.com/IAmDeadlylxrd/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm439
ROM OS Version: 11.x Android R

Version Information
STABLE
Current Stable Version: v5.1.1
Stable Release Date: 07-07-2021
Hey ....

6.Type Command:

fastboot boot twrp.img

fastboot boot twrp.img

13. now tap to REBOOT ..

HERE YOU GO !!!!

13. now tap to REBOOT ..

HERE YOU GO !!!!

Top Liked Posts