[ROM][AOSP][11.0][OFFICIAL][olive] Havoc OS v4.8 for Redmi 8

Search This thread
man you went on a very long journey
yeah our phones dont need official kernel and drivers|firmwares so i dont know which youve downloaded, but theyre never necessary for most roms to work
as for magisk, which version? your recovs as well?

for the most part, most users have very good experience on 415, a recent twrp, and magisk 24
magisk 25 had a lot of reweites and may not run fine for the most part
(i had issues on 25, fixed on .1, havent tried .2)
im currently on another devs unofi 416 and twrp 362 and havent faced any issues
yeah. i went haha but i really learned a lot.

im actually using magisk 25.2 with these modules:
- De-Bloater
- G-Visual MOD
- MagiskHide Props
- QuickSwitch
- Systemless Hosts
- Universal SafetyNet Fix
25.2 is actually more stable than 25.0 (the app kept crashing a lot) and fixed a bunch of bugs
as for the recovery, i used OFRP last stable for redmi 8 when i had those problems and it worked great, but i dont think the recovery was the problem. now im using twrp 3.5.2_9 so maybe i should update the recovery

you said that olives dont need kernel or firmwares, is that because the treble support or am i crazy?
anyway everytime i flash a new rom, i flash the lastest firmware from MiFirm.

EDIT: When i fall in the first bootloop, i had about 3 days trying to flash a olivelite rom when i was olive.

GSAdmOfc

Jul 24, 2022
you should flash miui until it has a stable/without errors version... i installed syberia OS with androidR(12) and it works very good. is a mi439 unified rom, that works with 7a, 8, 8a and 8 dual

the only problem i discovered with this rom is that, ramdomly, you cant unlock it, not like the Always On problem, where the touch stops working and you have to reboot, in this case the phone doesnt even turn on, but restarting it holding power for 10 seconds fixes it.

you could try any gsi-treble supported rom, redmi 8 supports treble and any gsi (Generic System Image) will work.

i had havoc for about 2 weeks, but the wifi stopped working ramdomly, because i flashed magisk before even booting the rom for the first time, so i dont know why the wifi stopped working at all.

i flashed Havoc-OS.v4.8, and magisk with OFRP. Then i tried vanilla with OpenGAPPS aroma and magisk.
then i tried vanilla with opengapps stock without magisk and official firmware and kernel, but anythind worked.

when i switched twrp againm i fall into a bootloop because the recovery was installed on the sdcard, so, i plugged it again and booted to flash DotOS, wifi worked again, then i switched to project arcana gale (android 12) because of the customization it offered but after about a week i fell in a strange bootloop where the OS boots but after exactly a minute reboots again to OS, and now im using rooted Project syberia (Syberia OS) with android 12 and it works fine.

i flashed wlan drivers or kernel initially because a guy with the same problem fixed the wifi with that method
thanks for your patience in trying to help, I will try your tips and install a gsi, do you recommend any?

thanks for your patience in trying to help, I will try your tips and install a gsi, do you recommend any?
yeah, no problem, i like helping with what i can. :)
gsi, well, there is a lot in this forum, but isnt that diverse with olive
you could try with an older version of havoc, maybe cherish, it have gsi for pph/treble and comes with ExtraPixel module, wich enables A LOT of features exclusives from pixel.

anyway, i could spend all day naming good gsi and non-gsi roms.

you can search gsi aosp roms on google and there would be a lot of roms.

cheers

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
EDIT: When i fall in the first bootloop, i had about 3 days trying to flash a olivelite rom when i was olive.
yep i also had troubles with mag 24 and 25, updating mag is usually a last resort because things might not update smoothly

who do you flash stock rom prior to installing a custom? you could skip that entirely and flash another. there are some exceptions like when you format+wipe stuff, your recov is gone too but thats a special case

i actually think the last ofox stable ('20 right?) is the problem. many people trying to install newer roms have had issues with older recovs
btw twrp 362 is up

id suggest taking a peek at my sig pointing to a tg channel. weve got a13 wip ;P

yep i also had troubles with mag 24 and 25, updating mag is usually a last resort because things might not update smoothly

who do you flash stock rom prior to installing a custom? you could skip that entirely and flash another. there are some exceptions like when you format+wipe stuff, your recov is gone too but thats a special case

i actually think the last ofox stable ('20 right?) is the problem. many people trying to install newer roms have had issues with older recovs
btw twrp 362 is up

id suggest taking a peek at my sig pointing to a tg channel. weve got a13 wip ;P
i flashed the stock because i wanted the phone to work, since i was trying olivelite and i was olive, it wasnt working anyway. and i could unbrick the phone easily since i had a softbrick, redmi bootloop and fastboot/xiaomi recovery acces.

actually, the problem i had was that, while trying to enter system, fastboot would not boot, anyway, so i entered default xiaomi recovery, put the recovery to connec it via Xiaomi Suite and with debug tools rebooted, using adb reboot bootloader. i was happy af but then i fell in the hardbrick due to bad rom flash.

the last ofox is 20 or 21, im not sure. but i installed it fully for the aspect it has. its beautiful.

im going to check your tg right now. Thank you

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
im going to check your tg right now. Thank you
np
but i do suggest using something newer sooner or later, many rom devs are experimenting with rdp (not win pc, but retrofit dynamic partitions)

in the tg channel, weve got a wip a13 layout which requires a hacked newer recovery. its a milestone to get a13 installed, but many rom devs are also trying it for a11 and a12

escorpiompom

Jun 20, 2016
Slightly off topic:
My Olive has RDP rom now and also latest TWRP recovery. It works fine.
I'm also a fan of keeping the device up to date, A12 or A13 when ROMs become available.

Cheers.

Reactions: totonls
np
but i do suggest using something newer sooner or later, many rom devs are experimenting with rdp (not win pc, but retrofit dynamic partitions)

in the tg channel, weve got a wip a13 layout which requires a hacked newer recovery. its a milestone to get a13 installed, but many rom devs are also trying it for a11 and a12
that's sick, that wipe for a13 is installable or is for tests only? i would like to try a13, as well, is there any rom with a13 for redmi 8 officially supported? all a12 custom roms i have seen are unofficially supported.

pd: i couldn't find your telegram, could you give me a link?

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
pd: i couldn't find your telegram, could you give me a link?
a13 is very wip, but some have been ahle to boot a gsi last i read
lots of the more experienced devs have started moving on to other phones, i do hope more arrive here from older phones but yeah, olives is a potato, good battery is its only defining feature (which im fine with, i only need a phone, nothing else. others tho...)
also on topic, 420 might start using rdp as a base. might be a good reason for me to actually try something shiny

a13 is very wip, but some have been ahle to boot a gsi last i read
lots of the more experienced devs have started moving on to other phones, i do hope more arrive here from older phones but yeah, olives is a potato, good battery is its only defining feature (which im fine with, i only need a phone, nothing else. others tho...)
also on topic, 420 might start using rdp as a base. might be a good reason for me to actually try something shiny
nice. if a a13 rom is availaible i would like to know and give it a try, as well, gsi a13 roms are working for olive?

i know this is off topic, but i had a talk with my older brother today and he said he were looking to change is phone, so he offered me to change my redmi 8 for his moto one action, is this one easy to unlock and install some custom roms? the only thing the moto one has is the screen, its cracked, but he did find the replacement, its only 15$ and has no volume buttons... do you think is a good offer? mine has 32/3gb and his moto one has 128/4gb. battery from the moto is from 4000mAh

sorry to bother you, just a question

Last edited:
forgot which a13 was used during the testing, but yeah it was just a test run iirc, dont think it was taken too seriously. duno how far they hunted + fixed bugs
im noobish when it comes to phones, but i did see their subforum is pretty fun ig
forum.xda-developers.com/c/motorola-one.815
thank you anyway, i hope a13 becomes a reality in olives.
finally, im keeping my olive, the moto one has a bend frame and the swap is like 130$ because the module comes with the display and the base to put in the motherboard and stuff so, its not worth it

Reactions: fonzacus

eternia1

Sep 5, 2022
How can I update to the newest version without completely reflashing my phone? I'm on version 4.14

DarkiHU

Sep 9, 2022
there is no a/b when using custom roms on this phone

for most roms its usually
format data
reboot to recov
wipe cache, dalv, data, system
install rom, gapps, magisk
done

im guessing you didnt format data
Thank you so much <3.
I spent 5 hours trying to figure it out why it's rebooting to recovery.
I skipped the formating data step...
Thanks again <3

Reactions: fonzacus

Top Liked Posts