Dec 22, 2020

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

What's AOSP?
AOSP is Android as Google publish without any modifications. .

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Fingerprint
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • LED
  • GPS

Bugs :
  • Selinux permissive
  • IMS
  • Test and Report

Instructions :
  • Flash latest STOCK ROM and boot it once. (MANDATORY STEP)
  • Download the ROM and extract it (Please note its not a flashable zip and a Computer is required to flash the ROM through fastboot mode)
  • Reboot to Fastboot mode (Power off Phone and Press Volume + then connect the usb cable)
  • Flash OEM Binaries (fastboot flash oem <path to binaries>.img
  • Flash boot (fastboot flash boot boot.img)
  • Flash system (fastboot flash system system.img)
  • Flash userdata (fastboot flash userdata userdata.img)

Notes :
  • Flashing user data is not mandatory on every flash(Mandatory on first flash).
  • Recommended gapps : Open Gapps 11
  • If you encounter bugs, Please report them with logcat and detailed information(else it will be ignored directly)

Downloads :

Source Code: https://github.com/xperiadev
Appreciate your work !

Reactions: Toni Mahmud

Grog.Al

May 28, 2015
Hello everyone, and have two questions:
- I have Havoc ROM freshly installed can I go back to that if android 11 is unstable? If a do a twrp backup can I just restore it or do I need to go back to stock first?

-when flashing stock before A11 do i flash everything? With havoc and bliss no .ta files except for one, what about this situation?

Thanks to anyone that will help

Ducnhan956

Dec 22, 2015
Hi Shujath ,
I have a docomo version, My phone is unlocked bootloader. I have try to up to my phone but it's not working. So, plz help us build once version for docomo unlocked. Thanks you so much

NFec__

Oct 1, 2017
@Shujath ,

I just wanted to thank you! One more time you are delivering an incredible update to the XZ Premium - really really cool.

By your mods, the lifetime of my XZ Premium of my daily phone was increased by more than a year. I hope Android 11 will work well on it too (incl. Sony mods?) soon, because my the HW of the device is for me still fine and even the battery health is still around 98%.

martiengrandia

Aug 29, 2012
By flashing the system.ing, fastboot report this error. How can i fix this?

fastboot flash boot system.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending sparse 'boot' 1/3 (517140 KB)...
OKAY [ 11.491s]
writing 'boot' 1/3...
FAILED (remote: Error flashing partition : Volume Full)
finished. total time: 11.497s

FurtratedOne

Jan 10, 2021
Hello,
nice work you have done.

I just have to report a smaller issue. When rebooting my device. It boot up until I have to tip in the pin for the sim, it fails reguardless of the pin I use and a few seconds later reboot to recovery mode. After booting up again it worked normally (insern pin). Not Sure if it is related to AOSP or Magisk and what kind or log would be helpfull.
Best wishes

born2bkilled

Dec 31, 2016
Been testing this for a few days on my spare phone, and I've found a few issues.

- Fingerprint scanner works, and unlocks phone but I cannot unlock apps or verify root with my fingerprint. There seems to be something missing from the ROM that allows apps to access the device biometrics.

- WiFi works, but disconnects after a few hours and will not reconnect to that network again unless I reboot. It will connect to a new network fine without a reboot but not the saved network.
EDIT: This only happens on 2.4Ghz networks. I've been connected to a 5Ghz network for several days now without disconnecting.

- GPS works, and locks a 3d fix in various test apps, but location services do not work, so no google maps, no Waze, no AccuWeather.
EDIT: using magisk props to change my device fingerprint allowed me to pass ctsprofile basic safetycheck, which i think has fixed a lot of issues i was having with google. shortly after doing this, all my gps apps started working properly.

- I get an error in AccuWeather about google play services not working with this phone model, but play services is installed and can be updated in the play store. One odd note, running a play services updater app shows the original play services were installed on this phone in 1973.
EDIT: I was using an old accuweather apk, using the google play store version works correctly. Also, you can update the google play services in the play store to the latest version.

- sim detection on boot is a bit unstable. Some times it works and stays working with no issues until you switch off the phone, other times it goes bad and caused a crash to recovery. Reboot system from twrp will normally work with no problem.

- there is a quick setting tile to dump the system ui heap that was probably used during testing that probably doesn't need to be there anymore. could it be added to the developer quick tiles toggles in the developer options maybe so users can switch it off?

Besides that it all seems to work.

Rooted with magisk 21.3
Twrp 3.4.0.0 installed to recovery. (waiting for 3.5.0!)

I hope you make an update someday as this seems to be the only a11 ROM I can find for this device.

I'd love to get access to a few stock Sony apps and widgets on this rom some day. EDIT: if you install the sony device dummy module from magisk manager, you can install most of the stock sony apps from the play store. you can also find several stock sony apps floating around on google.
Tested to be working: Music, Weather, clock, calendar. There is a version of album 9.8.A.0.8 that works if you search for it.
Not working: Album 9.8.A.1.2 (from play store), 3d creator, dialler, sms app.

im still looking for a stock camera that works.

Thanks for posting the ROM.

Last edited:

UnknownEleven

Jan 25, 2021
Hortolândia, SP
Good morning.

I'm considering installing it, but I have some questions.

1) Sony hasn't updated this information (https://developer.sony.com/develop/...ty/current-platform-functionality-maintained/) regarding the capabilities of the phone (XZ Premium) running AOSP. The page claims that the current Android version supported tops at 8.1, which is older than the last firmware they deployed. But it still makes me wonder. Are the camera functionalities impaired as stated?
1611585597455.png

2) How about the SD card support? They claim it tops at 32GB.
1611585742796.png

Thank you for your contribution!

Reactions: Diego0007

Doomer D. Great

Jun 12, 2007
Dubai
www.nostrotech.com
latest stock software(newflasher)
fastboot flash oem
fastboot flash boot
fastboot flash system(
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 0.149s]
sending sparse 'system' (517140 KB)...
OKAY [ 11.929s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [ 0.004s]
sending sparse 'system' (516144 KB)...
FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 13.004s)

fastboot flash userdata
fastboot flash twrp and adb sideload gapps and magisk
Forgive my naive query, but where exactly do I get the file to flash for this step:
Code:
fastboot flash oem