Development [ROM] AOSP 12 - SODP [12.0.0_r16]

Search This thread

ada12

Jul 2, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is no longer valid, unless you lie.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, strained relationships,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

What's AOSP?

Android™ SONY Open Source Project (SODP) is AOSP Android as Google publish without any modifications.

*This ROM build is 100% Sony AOSP Code and I planning adding upstream into kernel sony in futures.

FAQ:
----DOWNLOAD SODP ----

GDRIVE

- INSTRUCTIONS FLASH -

1) GO IN FASTBOOTD

On you PC: Enter the following command and wait for the device to reboot into fastbootd : fastboot reboot fastboot or before device start press volume down + power button , in menu select fastbootd

2) DOWNLOAD OEM BINARY & flash it : fastboot flash oem (youroemfile).img

3) UNPACK SODP.ZIP & FLASH these image SODP :

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img
fastboot erase metadata ( if you have error partition no exist like me just ignore )

ignore all other img - I have simply added in zip all img generated after compile

4 ) reboot in recovery - wipe data/factory reset

5) reboot in system ENJOY:love:

Bugtracker:

- I tested and build looks stable for daily use. I have doing basic test and seem all working , I can see btw no night mode enabled by default.

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSP, ROM for the Xperia 10 III

Contributors

Sony, SonyAOSP
Source Code: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev

ROM OS Version: Android 12
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Stock Firmware recommended
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 12
Beta Release Date: 2021-30-12

Attachments

• photo_2021-12-30_01-24-26.jpg
    photo_2021-12-30_01-24-26.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 294
  • photo_2021-12-30_01-24-35.jpg
    photo_2021-12-30_01-24-35.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 296
  • photo_2021-12-30_01-24-39.jpg
    photo_2021-12-30_01-24-39.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 285
  • photo_2021-12-30_01-24-32.jpg
    photo_2021-12-30_01-24-32.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 276
  • photo_2021-12-30_01-24-42.jpg
    photo_2021-12-30_01-24-42.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 262
  • photo_2021-12-30_01-24-47.jpg
    photo_2021-12-30_01-24-47.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

Hans Satt

Nov 18, 2018
Zürich
Built it myself in october (AOSP 11), tried to flash it, but got stuck at sony logo and it bootlooped. Will try your tip @ada12 with flashing oem_a and oem_b. Am i right that i have to flash it that way:
fastboot flash oem_a (youroemfile).img
fastboot flash oem_b (youroemfile).img
Do you have any idea how to enable signature spoofing when building the rom? If i succed to do this, i'll build it in the future myself.

Reactions: threader

ada12

Jul 2, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Built it myself in october (AOSP 11), tried to flash it, but got stuck at sony logo and it bootlooped. Will try your tip @ada12 with flashing oem_a and oem_b. Am i right that i have to flash it that way:
Do you have any idea how to enable signature spoofing when building the rom? If i succed to do this, i'll build it in the future myself.
for enable signature spoofing need modify aosp sources ... - you can find patch easy from majority of reposity of custom rom ( pixel experience, ex ... )

Reactions: threader

margelatu227

Oct 14, 2019
I did build and deploy the aosp 11 (not 12) for this phone ok. However did anyone found a way to get the sony camera app on the phone?
The stock app is really basic...

I can also try to deploy the lineageOS version (if one exists) but does anyone know if it has a better camera app?

BTW, I can build aosp 12 but I did not find the sony blob for 12. On their site it is only for 11. Does the OEM 11 works with aosp 12?

Thanks,
M.

Last edited:
Reactions: rsh

phoenpc

Jan 15, 2022
Hey, this worked however

I tried this myself and noticed I seem to head into a boot loop after rebooting some 5 times. I don't know what causes this, but I noticed it after trying to get gapps to work via magisk and randomly hit into a "Your device is corrupt" sony boot loop.

I tried without magisk/root, and noticed I hit the same issue after rebooting 5 times (just to see if it was rebooting in general causing this).

It fixes itself with data intact once I reflash the boot once again.

I'm stumped as to what causes this. Is it because I rebooted multiple times within half an hour? Is there something that can trigger the phone to think boot partition is corrupt?

Edit: It was one of the files I flashed from the Op's post, after I flashed everything to stock 167 EU firmware and only updated system.img with a bunch of GSI's (as I learnt they are a thing and damn perfect), I got it working. Guess something was incompatible between my device and the files attached.

Last edited:

Anon1337

Feb 15, 2020
Will you be keeping this up to date? How does it compare to GSI? I just want completely barebones degoogled rom.

WaterMan!

Aug 12, 2009
Good on Sony for offering this up, that's amazing. And thank you OP for building it!

Anyone who is running it - does it have OTA updates? Or do you need to build and flash each time?

ada12

Jul 2, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Good on Sony for offering this up, that's amazing. And thank you OP for building it!

Anyone who is running it - does it have OTA updates? Or do you need to build and flash each time?
I will need rebuild in every update and user will need reflash all img ... december build have selinux permissive its worried me for security I will need modify sony sources for fix it

TrulyPain

My phone just got bricked, lol. For the third time. By rebooting my phone. This piece of software has some bugs left. Also pro-tip for the future: Userdebug builds are often more buggy as they are not meant for production use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is no longer valid, unless you lie.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, strained relationships,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's AOSP?

Android™ SONY Open Source Project (SODP) is AOSP Android as Google publish without any modifications.

*This ROM build is 100% Sony AOSP Code and I planning adding upstream into kernel sony in futures.

FAQ:
    ----DOWNLOAD SODP ----

GDRIVE

- INSTRUCTIONS FLASH -

1) GO IN FASTBOOTD

On you PC: Enter the following command and wait for the device to reboot into fastbootd : fastboot reboot fastboot or before device start press volume down + power button , in menu select fastbootd

2) DOWNLOAD OEM BINARY & flash it : fastboot flash oem (youroemfile).img

3) UNPACK SODP.ZIP & FLASH these image SODP :

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img
    fastboot erase metadata ( if you have error partition no exist like me just ignore )

ignore all other img - I have simply added in zip all img generated after compile

4 ) reboot in recovery - wipe data/factory reset

5) reboot in system ENJOY:love:

Bugtracker:

- I tested and build looks stable for daily use. I have doing basic test and seem all working , I can see btw no night mode enabled by default.

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP, ROM for the Xperia 10 III

Contributors

Sony, SonyAOSP
    Source Code: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Stock Firmware recommended
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 12
    Beta Release Date: 2021-30-12
    for enable signature spoofing need modify aosp sources ... - you can find patch easy from majority of reposity of custom rom ( pixel experience, ex ... )
    I did build and deploy the aosp 11 (not 12) for this phone ok. However did anyone found a way to get the sony camera app on the phone?
    The stock app is really basic...

I can also try to deploy the lineageOS version (if one exists) but does anyone know if it has a better camera app?

BTW, I can build aosp 12 but I did not find the sony blob for 12. On their site it is only for 11. Does the OEM 11 works with aosp 12?

Thanks,
    M.