• other

Votes: 43 8.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

robin04

Jan 14, 2010
Padova
Hi guys! :D
This ROM has been built with cyanogen sources 2.1 (sdk7), with the addition of my customizations and optimization. The next release will bring this ROM to be very complete, faster and stable.

Credits to:

ekowanz, princedwi, werziluk, liljom, danwar for their help in testing this rom.
alderveld.nl for hosting (http://www.alderveld.com/).
adwinp and behnaam for the indirect help on kernel

Special thanks to:

dipje, for his time, battery life and awesome work done on the kernel
;)

In my opinion (and I hope that means something around here):

This is the best VANILLA 2.1 rom around right now. Really, this is brilliant work Robin.

Thanks man ;)

Important:

I dedicate most of my free time in the development roms, so I need incentives to continue with my next projects.
Please, consider a minimal donation, a small fee for you is a great help to me.
For any problem send me a message or post on the thread.
Thanks so much for your contribution.​

I'm not responsable if you bricked your phone, data lost or something else. You have to always do an nandroid backups' before updating.

THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR GSM HERO

Features:

-Making phone calls
-3G and 2G data
-HSDPA indicator
-Sync all
-Network location
-GPS and AGPS
-Bluetooth file transfer
-Live wallpapers
-Full market access
-Camera at 5 megapixel resolution
-APNdroid
-Tweaks
-Apps2Sd
-Java Box
-3d gallery
-JIT
-OC kernel

and much more!

Code:
Extra_apps:

-Facebook
-Overclock widget 
-Astro
-Jbed
-CorCall
-CorGal
-GScript_Lite
-HTC_music
-Adfree
-Autokiller
-APNdroid
-Shazam
-GoogleGoggles
-Market_enabler
-Maps
-Reboot_widget
-TitaniumBackup
-Wired_tether
-Wireless_tether

Known Bugs:

-BT audio during calls (maybe)

Instructions:

if you come from AndrobinXXXXXX follow this:

1.Put the package AndrobinXXXXXX in your SDCard.
2.Recovery mode
3.Nandroid backup
4.New ext partition (Board ext2, since the hero doesn't have much ram)
5.Wipe dalvik-cache
6.Flash ROM
7.Flash extra_appsXXXXXX
8.Reboot

if you come from another rom then follow this:

2.Put the package AndrobinXXXXXX in your SDCard.
3.Recovery mode
4.Nandroid backup
5.Wipe data and dalvik-cache
6.New ext partition (Board ext2, since the hero doesn't have much ram)
7.Flash ROM
8.Flash extra_appsXXXXXX
9.Reboot

remember, complete wipe is always best

It's highly recommended restarting a second time to allow the system to settle down.
It would be better to wait 30 seconds after the start of the device to permit full loading of the system, even if the lock screen is already visualised.

Code:
You can use gscript-lite to enable / disable compcache
Add these scripts:

disable compcache (SU required on)
Code:
rm -f /system/etc/init.d/35ramzswapenable comopcache

enable compcache  (SU required on)
Code:
cp /system/etc/35ramzswap /system/etc/init.d/35ramzswap

Code:
-[B]if you want to change the freq min/max are in the system/etc/init.d/30tweaks:[/B]

echo 245760 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo 518400 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

otherwise you can simply use overclocking widget

table of selectable frequencies 122880, 352000, 652800, 691200
the frequency and number of frequency, were chosen to provide greater stability, performance and battery life

Code:
-[B]to optimize the performance of your device follow these threads: 
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=628178"]spare parts/overclock[/URL] and [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=622666"]autokiller manager[/URL][/B]

Code:
-[B]a2sd activates automatically, [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6068162&postcount=122"]read here[/URL] for more information on its operation.[/B]

Changelog CR1:
-update buggy gallery3D
-ultimate ADWlauncher (thanks Anderweb)
-add HtcMusic
-add CorCal & CorGal
-fix facebook sync (melianTQ)
-solved huge battery drain
-fix gps signal lost
-fix su
-fix graphical bug in default_wallpaper (joshman99)
-BFS and compcache
-set by default -- freq_min = 245760 MHz -- freq_max = 518400
-live Wallpapers all work well (high frequency of CPU work more smoothly, thanks firerat)
-other things that I don't remember :p
update @fix 3D issue and autobrightness (test it)

Changelog 1.1111_R_:
-ricompiled kernel with OC at 710 MHz (may be unstable :p)
-add and fix overclock widget
-fix ADB

Changelog 1.1111_jit_beta_r5:
-checks space in your ext partition (with a2sd)
-repair missing or corrupted market (with a2sd)
-integrated darchstar rom (based on CyanogenMod-5, thanks darchstar ;))
-lighter system (more fluid)
-new ADWlauncher_rc1 by default (see the customization in home
-screen: Menu -> adwsettings - >....) thanks anderweb
-all livewallpapers work great (at least for me :D)
-added many bootanimation in extra_themes
-LauncherPro added in arn_apps (thanks federico)

Changelog 1.1111_jit_beta_r4:
-update a2sd (more commands)
-fixed timestamp (correct date and time format)
-fixed video playback (works well)
-new AWD launcher
-some update from new CyanogenMod-5 (5.0.7-DS)

Radio update highly suggested!

Read the instructions before installing!

Download link:

-Androbin_CR1_update
-Androbin_R_
-Androbin_1.1111_jit_beta_r5 (WITH JIT, HIGHER SPEED AND PERFORMANCE)
-Androbin_1.1111_beta_r5 (WITHOUT JIT, MORE STABLE AND FUNCTIONAL)
-New radio update (back to the old, if you have problems with the new)
-Old radio
-HTC_IME (instructions for installation)
-extra_themes&launcher&boot
-extra_apps
-Launchers
-JIT_on (live wallpapers work, games work badly)
-JIT_off (live wallpapers work, games work)

If you have requests or if you have found problems post here!

consider a small donation, I have to buy another hero used to develop ;)

Follow me on twitter robin_0

Attachments

• device3.jpg
    device3.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,174
  • device5.jpg
    device5.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,130
  • device11.jpg
    device11.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 906
Last edited:

btdag

Nov 25, 2009
Bournemouth
I don't get it, what differentiates this from the already existing rom's and why would one change when some of your bugs are fixed in many of the other rom's?

robin04

Jan 14, 2010
Padova
I don't get it, what differentiates this from the already existing rom's and why would one change when some of your bugs are fixed in many of the other rom's?

How do you say??

I started this work from scratch, with the next release fixes errors already solved in other ROMs.
There are some of my customizations even if you do not see written!

Last edited:

robin04

Jan 14, 2010
Padova
Camera at 5 megapixels,graphic error in market,BT audio...all of this fixed in other builds...(i.e. ahero 0.6)

Thx for your work anyway...always nice to see new rom developers

See the previous post before writing
If you look at other Rom have basically the same mistakes

Last edited:

ZED_pt

Feb 20, 2008
Linda-a-Velha
when i started the reply you dindt edit it yet,all it was in the reply was what i quote...sorry anyway not trying to annoy you or anything...just answering a question.

btdag

Nov 25, 2009
Bournemouth
How do you say??

I started this work from scratch, with the next release fixes errors already solved in other ROMs.
There are some of my customizations even if you do not see written!

I appreciate what you're doing and well done an all but all i'm saying is that the RoM's on offer should be doing all they can to show what they have done differently to other builds.

Personally I can see little difference between your release and Villain or aHero aside from the bugs which they fixed a while ago. All I'm saying is that to get followers/users you need to offer something new! What is your rom offering that Villain isn't? Why would I want to go through all the hassle of backup & wipe?

StNickZA

Dec 1, 2009
Auckland
Not cool guys. :(

If I have learned ONE thing from my experience with many, MANY different ROMs over the last few months, it's that each one has it's own uniqueness about it, despite what it may say on the "features" list.

There is ALWAYS room for new ROMs on the scene, and just because it may not be YOUR favourite, doesn't mean someone else won't prefer x over y.

No one is forcing you to backup & wipe. If you're happy with your current ROM, then don't bother. But DON'T come here and question the developer on the necessity of his work!

I'll certainly be trying this ROM out, as I'm yet to find a vanilla 2.1 ROM that I am 100% happy with for day-to-day use. Perhaps this isn't the one, but I'll certainly give it a shot.

Thanks robin04. I hope the negative attitude in this thread doesn't dissuade you from further development.

Last edited:

ZED_pt

Feb 20, 2008
Linda-a-Velha
I wasnt beeing negative as i said in 1st post its always nice to see new ROM developers.

All i did was answer the dude question not my fault that he edited it while i was typing.

I do hope he continues to develop his ROM

robin04

Jan 14, 2010
Padova

If I have learned ONE thing from my experience with many, MANY different ROMs over the last few months, it's that each one has it's own uniqueness about it, despite what it may say on the "features" list.

There is ALWAYS room for new ROMs on the scene, and just because it may not be YOUR favourite, doesn't mean someone else won't prefer x over y.

No one is forcing you to backup & wipe. If you're happy with your current ROM, then don't bother. But DON'T come here and question the developer on the necessity of his work!

I'll certainly be trying this ROM out, as I'm yet to find a vanilla 2.1 ROM that I am 100% happy with for day-to-day use. Perhaps this isn't the one, but I'll certainly give it a shot.

Thanks robin04. I hope the negative attitude in this thread doesn't dissuade you from further development.

Thanks so much for your support StNickZA ;)

I appreciate what you're doing and well done an all but all i'm saying is that the RoM's on offer should be doing all they can to show what they have done differently to other builds.

Personally I can see little difference between your release and Villain or aHero aside from the bugs which they fixed a while ago. All I'm saying is that to get followers/users you need to offer something new! What is your rom offering that Villain isn't? Why would I want to go through all the hassle of backup & wipe?

I'm new cooking and should therefore lagging behind other, however i have made available my work.If you want to try out of curiosity but nobody forces you to change the Rom.

hy,

Market can fix with the vending.apk of eris leak and the camera work at 5Mega pixel with the good apk :)

Thanks for your suggestions

mobby0411

May 1, 2009
UK
awesome rom thanx for sharing,few issues could we implement the camera fix and vending.apk for the market or could someone point me in the direction of these plz ? also is there any other youtube.apk that we could push to this build because the videos dont play on this rom ?

If we could get these issues fixed this would be the best AOSP rom i have used simply because most live wallpapers actually work ! :D

"green" "didgital rain" "water" "Duck hunt" and a bunch of others from the market actually stay on and dont dissapear with the lock / unlock cycle :)

btdag

Nov 25, 2009
Bournemouth

I have no idea what negative attitude you're referring to but i think you've got the wrong end of the stick. I'm trying to help him out! I'm not here advertising my rom or any favorite, just asking what differentiates his.

I just think the ROM should probably be labeled correctly. It would be easy for a new user to install this rom when other roms would be better suited. Labelling this ROM a beta would probably be more accurate, until the major kinks are worked out.

Miister-Ot

Jul 31, 2008
Does this rom have root? If so,I can't get it... have flashed many roms but never had this problem. I have wiped data and dalvik. never used a2sd.
Any ideas?

never mind. got it working :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mitico Robin, your ROM is very well done!

Just wondering if is possible to change the "dark glass" skin of ADW Launcher, because is... well, too dark for other widgets I've on the screen.

Otherwise all is working smooth so far.

Thanks for your effort e ancora complimenti! ;)