• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] aosp-4.2.2-thor-0 (Kindle fire hdx 7")

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yup ! Full aosp 4.2.2 port for the thor based on nexus 7 2012 image (kindle fire hdx 7") is coming very, very soon ! :D

I just booted a few minutes ago (after a lot of work) ! Rendering is working/fixed, touchscreen is working/fixed, sound working/fixed, wifi working/fixed. After registration (which worked) i tested playstore, gmail and some settings menu which are all working.

It's a good news for me, and i guess for you too. The rom should be ready for tomorow i guess/hope (even if there's still some bugs, which will be the case) is ready for download.

Installation :
    • Install safestrap
    • Create rom slot
    • Go to recovery
    • Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache
    • Flash aosp-4.2.2-thor-*.zip

Download :

Not working yet :
    • MediaPlayer (youtube, musics, games)
    • Crash on screen wake up (ui restart)
    • Headphones out not working

Note :
    • Help to fix mediaplayer and other bugs is welcome as time is missing
    • Rom used for the port : Grouper-JDQ39_4.2.2-Deodex_Rooted-02-14-13-teshxx
    • Playing with /system/lib and /system/bin between stock and grouper rom should be enough
    • No need to ask permission to use/repack do anything with the rom just go for it

• To Hashcode for safestrap !

Thanks S_transform, this is interesting. I'll take a deeper look soon !

I am kind of leaning towards setting up a cm10.1 build from source and then overlaying any binaries that would be needed.

I can probably set the gits up sometime this week @ www.github.com/KFire-Android

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Goog news !

I did fix some major bugs :

- MediaPlayer (youtube, musics, games) -> FIXED !
    - Crash on screen wake up (ui restart) -> FIXED !

There is still some problems with games (subway surfer), no audio now but it's not crashing anymore. There's also a new bug added, the volume up/down notification is not showing anymore but it does work.

i'll upload the rom in a few hours.

EDIT: in fact there's still some random crash on games. But youtube and hardware mediaplayer do work.
    Yup ! Full aosp android 4.2.2 port for the thor based on nexus 7 2012 image (kindle fire hdx 7") is coming very, very soon ! :D

I just booted a few minutes ago (after a lot of work) ! Rendering is working/fixed, touchscreen is working/fixed, sound working/fixed, wifi working/fixed. After registration (which worked) i tested playstore, gmail and some settings menu which are all working. MediaPlayer (youtube, musics) not working for now.

It's a good news for me, and i guess for you too. The rom should be ready for tomorow i guess/hope (even if there's still some bugs, which will be the case) .

Couldn't wait to share !

Great work! Whenever you're ready to post, I can probably help debug the ROM a bit.
    Since the HDX7 is similar to the Nexus 7 2013, I would recommend using that as a base because they both use QCOM and that may fix some issues.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk