[ROM] aosp-4.2.2-thor-0 (Kindle fire hdx 7")

Search This thread

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
So I just actually restored some app data from my stock Amazon Rom to apps on this. Just to see if it would work, and for subway surfer not only did it work, but I have sound as well. Just so you know.

edit:so actually it works exactly once after I restore the data. bummer

Do you mean it work only once after data restore then it work anymore ? I don't think the data partition could hold anything usefull. But it seems there is some random crash so even the new rom i made have some problem i didn't find see in first time.

So i'm not sure i'll post the new rom as it does have a lot of new probems but i keep working on it !

goodayoo

Apr 13, 2013
it's weird , the mediaplayer seems working for me , I can play music using google music app. and play large games like NFS most wanted ,though not as smooth as in Fireos

S_transform

Oct 12, 2012
Do you mean it work only once after data restore then it work anymore ? I don't think the data partition could hold anything usefull. But it seems there is some random crash so even the new rom i made have some problem i didn't find see in first time.

So i'm not sure i'll post the new rom as it does have a lot of new probems but i keep working on it !

Yeah, if I restore data through tb, then it'll work once, after which it freezes like usual. Also even if the new one has bugs I'm curious to see what it is like, you should put it up anyways.

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Well, i will upload the new rom for hackers but a major bug is added, all alertdialog are "hidden". I think i was too enthousiast about this stiff. I dont think the (major) remaining bugs will be easily fixable. It would require a lot of work and time which i dont have (compile from sources with qcom patches).

I will try to write a "tutorial" on how to port rom for this device, maybe someone will have more luck.

I will probably put my effort on modding the "stock gapps" rom which should give good result for now.

Sent from my KFTHWI using xda app-developers app

fishhelmet

Dec 5, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
OnePlus 11
Well, i will upload the new rom for hackers but a major bug is added, all alertdialog are "hidden". I think i was too enthousiast about this stiff. I dont think the (major) remaining bugs will be easily fixable. It would require a lot of work and time which i dont have (compile from sources with qcom patches).

I will try to write a "tutorial" on how to port rom for this device, maybe someone will have more luck.

I will probably put my effort on modding the "stock gapps" rom which should give good result for now.

Have you uploaded it yet? Also I never saw an answer to my question about a donation link? As you seem to be pretty much carrying our devices I feel like I owe you a little something something.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Clarke33

Oct 16, 2012
Experimenting with this tonight on ROM slot and it's working great. No issues at all so far after updating a couple of Google apps. Big thanks for your efforts on this.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Installed Exposed and GravityBox with no issues either.

johnwaters

Jan 11, 2014
Experimenting with this tonight on ROM slot and it's working great. No issues at all so far after updating a couple of Google apps. Big thanks for your efforts on this.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Installed Exposed and GravityBox with no issues either.

Can you play games?

S_transform

Oct 12, 2012

Some. It varies from game to game. Fruit Ninja for instance works fine, but Subway Surfers doesn't even open.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Additionally, I've been doing my best to investigate the cause of the reboot on wake because the update hasn't been released, and I was wondering if it was related to the mountservice. The relevant part of the logcat I keep getting before it soft-reboots is

E/MountService( 1159): Error processing initial volume state
E/MountService( 1159): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/MountService( 1159): at com.android.server.MountService.updatePublicVolumeState(MountService.java:630)
E/MountService( 1159): at com.android.server.MountService.access$1400(MountService.java:103)
E/MountService( 1159): at com.android.server.MountService$3.run(MountService.java:723)

which seems to implicate that updatepublicvolumestate() in Mountservice is failing for some reason. I would like to see this ROM see continued development, but I lack the required skills to fix anything like this, so I was wondering if anyone knew whether this was relevant, and how one might remedy it.

Also if you want headphones to work then SoundAbout lets you manually switch between sound output modes.

Clarke33

Oct 16, 2012
Here's a couple of screen shots using this time with Apex launcher. uploadfromtaptalk1390344625460.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390344698558.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390344698558.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 281
Reactions: presta24

zhable

Aug 10, 2013
www.cobaltunlock.com
ROm Development

I took the plunge and started messing around to try to make a similar rom, but have come up with an issue. I tried using "kitchen" to compile the rom and have used the "updater-binary" from this rom and used the "updater-script" as well (I made sure necessary files were present for the updater-script). Every time I try to install/flash my zip file i get "E: error executing updater binary from zip". Am I using an incorrect file or is there another way to compile roms for TWRP/Safetstrap. If anyone has any ideas please let me know

zhable

Aug 10, 2013
www.cobaltunlock.com
Rom Help

Here is a link to the work on my rom (I have taken the original one and have tried to combine it with the nexus 2013 apks/frameworks). I still cant fix the "E: error executing updater binary from zip". So if you can fix that please let me know, so I can start to test the rom. Click Mefor Download!

Last edited:
Reactions: Attreyu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yup ! Full aosp 4.2.2 port for the thor based on nexus 7 2012 image (kindle fire hdx 7") is coming very, very soon ! :D

I just booted a few minutes ago (after a lot of work) ! Rendering is working/fixed, touchscreen is working/fixed, sound working/fixed, wifi working/fixed. After registration (which worked) i tested playstore, gmail and some settings menu which are all working.

It's a good news for me, and i guess for you too. The rom should be ready for tomorow i guess/hope (even if there's still some bugs, which will be the case) is ready for download.

Installation :
    • Install safestrap
    • Create rom slot
    • Go to recovery
    • Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache
    • Flash aosp-4.2.2-thor-*.zip

Download :

Not working yet :
    • MediaPlayer (youtube, musics, games)
    • Crash on screen wake up (ui restart)
    • Headphones out not working

Note :
    • Help to fix mediaplayer and other bugs is welcome as time is missing
    • Rom used for the port : Grouper-JDQ39_4.2.2-Deodex_Rooted-02-14-13-teshxx
    • Playing with /system/lib and /system/bin between stock and grouper rom should be enough
    • No need to ask permission to use/repack do anything with the rom just go for it

• To Hashcode for safestrap !

Thanks S_transform, this is interesting. I'll take a deeper look soon !

I am kind of leaning towards setting up a cm10.1 build from source and then overlaying any binaries that would be needed.

I can probably set the gits up sometime this week @ www.github.com/KFire-Android

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Goog news !

I did fix some major bugs :

- MediaPlayer (youtube, musics, games) -> FIXED !
    - Crash on screen wake up (ui restart) -> FIXED !

There is still some problems with games (subway surfer), no audio now but it's not crashing anymore. There's also a new bug added, the volume up/down notification is not showing anymore but it does work.

i'll upload the rom in a few hours.

EDIT: in fact there's still some random crash on games. But youtube and hardware mediaplayer do work.
    Yup ! Full aosp android 4.2.2 port for the thor based on nexus 7 2012 image (kindle fire hdx 7") is coming very, very soon ! :D

I just booted a few minutes ago (after a lot of work) ! Rendering is working/fixed, touchscreen is working/fixed, sound working/fixed, wifi working/fixed. After registration (which worked) i tested playstore, gmail and some settings menu which are all working. MediaPlayer (youtube, musics) not working for now.

It's a good news for me, and i guess for you too. The rom should be ready for tomorow i guess/hope (even if there's still some bugs, which will be the case) .

Couldn't wait to share !

Great work! Whenever you're ready to post, I can probably help debug the ROM a bit.
    Since the HDX7 is similar to the Nexus 7 2013, I would recommend using that as a base because they both use QCOM and that may fix some issues.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk