[ROM] aosp-4.2.2-thor-0 (Kindle fire hdx 7")

Search This thread

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Here is a link to the work on my rom (I have taken the original one and have tried to combine it with the nexus 2013 apks/frameworks). I still cant fix the "E: error executing updater binary from zip". So if you can fix that please let me know, so I can start to test the rom. Click Mefor Download!

You can see what's wrong in the recovery logs located at /tmp/recovery.log just after the error.

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk

S_transform

Oct 12, 2012
Here is a link to the work on my rom (I have taken the original one and have tried to combine it with the nexus 2013 apks/frameworks). I still cant fix the "E: error executing updater binary from zip". So if you can fix that please let me know, so I can start to test the rom. Click Mefor Download!

I got the zip file to flash by pulling the whole meta-inf folder from Cpasjuste's ROM and putting it in yours (I think that wouldn't mess anything up). It does not however boot yet, and I didn't think to pull a logcat. Best of luck! If you need any testers or anything at any point I'm totally down to help out where I can.

Reactions: zhable

zhable

Aug 10, 2013
www.cobaltunlock.com
Possible AOSP

Im just wondering if it would be possible to take the GAPPS rom and change the system UI to make it appear as AOSP? I had an idea for this to take the OP's rom and then add "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1" to the build.prop file and find some application that would create a nexus or AOSP look of android buttons.

Reactions: presta24

Clarke33

Oct 16, 2012
Anyone having Wi-Fi disconnect problems after screen wake up?

Sent from my KFTHWI using xda app-developers app

jkenny23

Sep 16, 2012
Seeing problems with a BT mouse; pairing it is fine but as soon as I move the cursor the device restarts. Didn't see any clues in the debug log, but I can try and provide some logs if that'd help. BT keyboard works great.

FYI I have a 4G unit and the GPS does not seem to work either.

Also every time I wake up the device it tries to play the boot animation, is that intended?

Other than that, great work! Awesome to see AOSP on KFHDX!

Last edited:

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
I did update first post with the other version i was talking about. But while mediaplayer is fixed (youtubes work for example) all dialog are bugged and not showing, which render the rom almost unusable.

The only change in this new rom is using stock amazon surfaceflinger binary and library.

Like i already said, i'm for now focusing on my "gapps" rom which also have a lot of potential. But i will probably restart this aosp rom from scratch by compiling from sources, but this will take a loooootttt of time :)

Reactions: S_transform

S_transform

Oct 12, 2012
I did update first post with the other version i was talking about. But while mediaplayer is fixed (youtubes work for example) all dialog are bugged and not showing, which render the rom almost unusable.

The only change in this new rom is using stock amazon surfaceflinger binary and library.

Like i already said, i'm for now focusing on my "gapps" rom which also have a lot of potential. But i will probably restart this aosp rom from scratch by compiling from sources, but this will take a loooootttt of time :)

The only dialog that is missing that really bothers me is the missing power menu, and I just got an app and assigned it to long press recent apps using gravity box. Besides the restart on turn screen on though a couple of games still don't work, and music apps are slow-ish. Just so I'm clear I appreciate what you have done a lot, but in case you ever do get back around to working on this I though I'd say it so it's known.

zhable

Aug 10, 2013
www.cobaltunlock.com
So is this rom worth installing? Or should I wait for him to update?

I would recommend using the first version over the second, as the second, such dialogs as powering down dont show up. On the first version videos dont work (across all apps), some games dont work, you have to wait for the lockscreen to show, headphones out also doesn't work. Overall I would recommend his gapps rom for its stability.

presta24

Jan 5, 2014
Just loaded it. Videos not supported not a big deal for me as I still boot up stock to watch amazon prime/instant video. I mainly will use thor for gapps and moon reader. I realized I can dl epub torrents of any book I want to read. No more buying books on amazon!

Thanks OP!

sherry478

Apr 14, 2012
London
Goog news !

I did fix some major bugs :

- MediaPlayer (youtube, musics, games) -> FIXED !
- Crash on screen wake up (ui restart) -> FIXED !

There is still some problems with games (subway surfer), no audio now but it's not crashing anymore. There's also a new bug added, the volume up/down notification is not showing anymore but it does work.

i'll upload the rom in a few hours.

EDIT: in fact there's still some random crash on games. But youtube and hardware mediaplayer do work.

Can you upload this rom?

sherry478

Apr 14, 2012
London
Also it really is pretty much unusable. No system message boxes render on the screen, making just about everything system related (volume/power/etc.) extraordinarily difficult. Additionally, it fixed some rendering crashes, but certainly not all of them.

im trying libs from an lg g2 4.2.2 rom and a 4.3 rom to see if i can fix the issues. So far nothing has changed.

Reactions: streech

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yup ! Full aosp 4.2.2 port for the thor based on nexus 7 2012 image (kindle fire hdx 7") is coming very, very soon ! :D

I just booted a few minutes ago (after a lot of work) ! Rendering is working/fixed, touchscreen is working/fixed, sound working/fixed, wifi working/fixed. After registration (which worked) i tested playstore, gmail and some settings menu which are all working.

It's a good news for me, and i guess for you too. The rom should be ready for tomorow i guess/hope (even if there's still some bugs, which will be the case) is ready for download.

Installation :
    • Install safestrap
    • Create rom slot
    • Go to recovery
    • Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache
    • Flash aosp-4.2.2-thor-*.zip

Download :

Not working yet :
    • MediaPlayer (youtube, musics, games)
    • Crash on screen wake up (ui restart)
    • Headphones out not working

Note :
    • Help to fix mediaplayer and other bugs is welcome as time is missing
    • Rom used for the port : Grouper-JDQ39_4.2.2-Deodex_Rooted-02-14-13-teshxx
    • Playing with /system/lib and /system/bin between stock and grouper rom should be enough
    • No need to ask permission to use/repack do anything with the rom just go for it

• To Hashcode for safestrap !

Thanks S_transform, this is interesting. I'll take a deeper look soon !

I am kind of leaning towards setting up a cm10.1 build from source and then overlaying any binaries that would be needed.

I can probably set the gits up sometime this week @ www.github.com/KFire-Android

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Goog news !

I did fix some major bugs :

- MediaPlayer (youtube, musics, games) -> FIXED !
    - Crash on screen wake up (ui restart) -> FIXED !

There is still some problems with games (subway surfer), no audio now but it's not crashing anymore. There's also a new bug added, the volume up/down notification is not showing anymore but it does work.

i'll upload the rom in a few hours.

EDIT: in fact there's still some random crash on games. But youtube and hardware mediaplayer do work.
    Yup ! Full aosp android 4.2.2 port for the thor based on nexus 7 2012 image (kindle fire hdx 7") is coming very, very soon ! :D

I just booted a few minutes ago (after a lot of work) ! Rendering is working/fixed, touchscreen is working/fixed, sound working/fixed, wifi working/fixed. After registration (which worked) i tested playstore, gmail and some settings menu which are all working. MediaPlayer (youtube, musics) not working for now.

It's a good news for me, and i guess for you too. The rom should be ready for tomorow i guess/hope (even if there's still some bugs, which will be the case) .

Couldn't wait to share !

Great work! Whenever you're ready to post, I can probably help debug the ROM a bit.
    Since the HDX7 is similar to the Nexus 7 2013, I would recommend using that as a base because they both use QCOM and that may fix some issues.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk