[ROM][AOSP][4.4.2][KVT49L] OFFICIAL CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies

Search This thread

mitcht02

Oct 14, 2010
Woooo, no more glitches for me in 2/27 nightly

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

q.money06

Aug 21, 2011
I am going to give 2/27 a test drive. Now can we get someone to fix the 3g/4g data hand off issue? Then we will be getting somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mitcht02

Oct 14, 2010
Glitches only happened for me when switching portrait and landscape

bigfnjoe96

Jan 12, 2011
Anyone not getting voice-mail icons in their notification bar when someone leaves a voice-mail?

Sent from my KitKat Rooted Nexus

lambofgod13

Jan 23, 2011
michigan, detroit
Is any one looking into the Bluetooth issues with this rom? You close screen and Bluetooth speakers cut out. One connected to sync it wont reconnect on it's own if you get out of car and leave Bluetooth on your phone. I have to keep manually reconnecting it. Never had these issues on 4.3 i could leave Bluetooth on all day and my sync in car would connect right to it. I've mentioned this issue numerous times. Just wondering if this issue got over looked like the graphics glitches.

t3rmin

Apr 22, 2010
Updated to the 3/3 nightly and lost data. Anyone else seeing this? Flashed back to 3/1 and getting com.android.phone crashes on boot.

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012
Updated to the 3/3 nightly and lost data. Anyone else seeing this? Flashed back to 3/1 and getting com.android.phone crashes on boot.

There were a ton of changes in 3/3 and reports of success and problems vary widely. It may be best to let the dust settle for a few days before flashing a nightly, unless you are feeling adventurous. Dirty-flashing an older build over 3/3 apparently does cause significant problems. Clearing data on Phone may or may not help with the FC's if you find yourself in this situation.

Me, I think I'm gonna be safe and boring and sit this one out for a few days.

wsoxfan1214

Jan 7, 2013
Hey guys, quick question. I recently got this as a replacement phone after breaking the screen on my S4.

Is the 2/10 M3 build pretty stable? Are there any glitches with it, or is that the safest bet right now?

Or is there a build after that rivals its stability? I'd like whichever is the most stable and has the least issues. I'm assuming that would be the last milestone build, yes?

Essentially, I'm asking which build will work as close to perfectly as possible/which build is as close to stable as stock 4.3.

Thanks!

Last edited:

q.money06

Aug 21, 2011
Hey guys, quick question. I recently got this as a replacement phone after breaking the screen on my S4.

Is the 2/10 M3 build pretty stable? Are there any glitches with it, or is that the safest bet right now?

Or is there a build after that rivals its stability? I'd like whichever is the most stable and has the least issues. I'm assuming that would be the last milestone build, yes?

Essentially, I'm asking which build will work as close to perfectly as possible/which build is as close to stable as stock 4.3.

Thanks!

The latest nightly is pretty stable except for 3G/4G data handoff and some others have mentioned Bluetooth issues. The most stable build in my opinion is CM 10.1.3. Every release since 10.1.3 has had 3G/4G data handoff issues.

something15525

Dec 12, 2010

Thanks!

Data issues seem to be intermittent depending on the user, and doing a full wipe before flashing should get rid of most issues.

As for the M3 build, it doesn't encompass the fix for the graphics glitches during rotation and screenshots, but if you're okay with that its pretty stable.

Not sure about Bluetooth issues though, a fee users have reported issues recently but I haven't been able to reproduce the issue yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wsoxfan1214

Jan 7, 2013
The latest nightly is pretty stable except for 3G/4G data handoff and some others have mentioned Bluetooth issues. The most stable build in my opinion is CM 10.1.3. Every release since 10.1.3 has had 3G/4G data handoff issues.

Data issues seem to be intermittent depending on the user, and doing a full wipe before flashing should get rid of most issues.

As for the M3 build, it doesn't encompass the fix for the graphics glitches during rotation and screenshots, but if you're okay with that its pretty stable.

Not sure about Bluetooth issues though, a fee users have reported issues recently but I haven't been able to reproduce the issue yet.

My apologies. I should have been more specific in that I'm looking for a version that's on KitKat.

When at school, I turn LTE/4G off because I get ghost signals that don't work. When at home, I am always on 4G as I live in Chicago. So that wouldn't be an issue. In addition, I have never once used Bluetooth.

Those things considered, is a nightly good to run and free of other bugs? If so, which recent one is most stable?

Thanks again!

q.money06

Aug 21, 2011

I have done full wipes on every nightly and no luck. 4G works on first boot then when you lose signal 4G is lost forever. Latest nightly shows me connecting to Verizon 3G/4G.

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
I have done full wipes on every nightly and no luck. 4G works on first boot then when you lose signal 4G is lost forever. Latest nightly shows me connecting to Verizon 3G/4G.

Where does it show you that? Can you send me a screenshot/logcat?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11.0 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.2 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

CyanogenMod Source: Here

XDA:DevDB Information
    OFFICIAL CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    something15525, something15525
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest radio baseband from 4.3
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-09-18
    Last Updated 2014-05-13
    I believe I found a fix (a workaround, at least) for the graphical glitches. Need to narrow my tests a bit to isolate the fix, but it looks like all that is needed is a line or two in build.prop. Stay tuned!

(Thanks to @JustinXu for finally posting a toroplus ROM with no glitches)

Yep, adding this to the build.prop cleans 'em right up:
    Code:
    # GPU producer to CPU consumer not supported
    ro.bq.gpu_to_cpu_unsupported=1
    Some preliminary shots of cm-11.0

Still some graphical bugs to work out

asazevy6.jpg

4y7era8a.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    If you're having data problems ...

Here's my PSA for those who are having data problems on CM11.

If you're in an official, launched LTE market (not an in-process market)

1. Flash the latest GJ04 radio
    2. Check your APN settings
    - a. Use Voice Dialer and say "Open APNs" or create an APN action shortcut if your launcher supports it
    - b. Use the following settings for Sprint eHRPD internet or Sprint LTE internet:
    -- Password *
    -- Server *
    -- MMSC http://mms.sprintpcs.com
    -- MMS proxy 68.28.31.7
    -- MMS port 80
    -- MCC 310
    -- MNC 120
    - Be sure to click the menu and select "Save" after you change these settings!
    - Avoid using the TING, Cricket, Boost and other MVNO APNs that are floating around. The above settings work just fine for all Sprint users, and will ensure that you can send and receive SMS and MMS.

3. Go to Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Preferred Network Type and set it to "LTE" if you in in an official, launched 4G market

4. Install CDMA Tools. Launch the program, go to Menus -> Data -> Others/More -> eHRPD and set it to ON​

Reboot your phone and you're as "good to go" as you can be.

If you are in an in-process 4G market (not officially launched), follow all the above steps but in #3 set your preferred network type to "3G".

In-process Network Vision / 4G upgrade markets are torture. Here's the general process that Sprint's contractors are following for cell tower upgrades:

1. Team A shows up and upgrades the tower's radios and antennas to support 4G, etc. You'll see LTE come and go while this is happening. LTE can be there one day and gone the next.

2. Team B shows up and upgrades the backhaul (the tower's connection to Sprint's data network). Backhaul can be copper, fiber or microwave. Without upgraded backhaul, there is no bandwidth. FYI, there can be several days, weeks or months between Team A and Team B.

3. Team C shows up and tests the radio and backhaul upgrades. If everything works, 4G is turned on and stays on.​

During the upgrade process, you will hate your phone. No amount of data-toggling, airplane-mode-toggling and rebooting your phone is going to work. As the market approaches the official launch date, things will get much better and you will stop hating your phone. Monitor your market in the S4GRU forums and you'll be fully informed.

Another issue can be the nightly process itself. Nightlies frequently break things, so if stability is your number one goal, then you need to be on CM10.2 or stock. If you can live with frequent breakage and like the thrill of being on the bleeding edge, make sure that you have the latest recovery (TWRP or CWM), the correct KitKat GApps and have at it :cool:

Helpful links:

GNex Radios
    CM10.2
    Jelly Bean GApps 20130813
    CM11 Nightlies Changelog
    CM11 Nightlies downloads
    KitKat GApps 20140105 (w/ ART)
    CWM Recovery
    TWRP Recovery
    SignalCheck Lite
    CDMA Tools
    S4GRU markets
    Samsung Toroplus drivers for Windows
    Hey @something15525 not asking for eta at all but any word if cm11 will be supported for our device?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I am working on it when I have free time goast