[ROM][AOSP][4.4]KRT16M][Stockified][touchboost/faceunlock/backup fixed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

show-p1984

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
Thanks for this ROM, works fine so far. Can R5(when released) be flashed over R4 without wipe or do you recommend clean install?
You can just flash over any Stockified version when R5 gets released.
If there should be problems with apps force closing (none are expected) then just clear that apps cache / data.

keda

Jan 12, 2010
NJ
You can just flash over any Stockified version when R5 gets released.
If there should be problems with apps force closing (none are expected) then just clear that apps cache / data.

What updates can we expect for R5? Is it possible to get rid of all international keyboard? I don't think it's necessary, no one will need all of them, if they do I'm sure they would prefer to get it from Google Play anyway. I understand you might want to stick with Stock setup. No big deal, just a suggestion.

Last edited:

psak

Oct 13, 2010
For the time being just flash this file in recovery for Volume Rocker wake & Advanced reboot menu..Works without any issues..

Advanced Reboot

R4 has Advanced reboot menu cooked in under power user, is there any way there is flashable zip for volume rocker wake out there that works with Stockified ROM?

Volume rocker wake in R5 under power user would be wonderful addition, of course

show-p1984, thank you for amazing ROM!!

snak3ater

Recognized Contributor
Jul 31, 2012
Land of Pathans
R4 has Advanced reboot menu cooked in under power user, is there any way there is flashable zip for volume rocker wake out there that works with Stockified ROM?

Volume rocker wake in R5 under power user would be wonderful addition, of course

show-p1984, thank you for amazing ROM!!

I tried all possible flashable zip files but they all simply did not work..Adding in Volume Rocker wake mod would be a great addition but it all depends on show-p if he includes this mod in the next release

magestic1995

Jun 18, 2011
Hey everyone I've been on this for a while. And I keep getting freeze ups. Its usually for about 15-20 seconds but the phone works normally after. Anyone else confirm. Also I get HW Reset yellow screens every few days any ideas? Also we going to get any updates soon? Loving this ROM thanks for your work!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

show-p1984

Jul 30, 2011
Hey everyone I've been on this for a while. And I keep getting freeze ups. Its usually for about 15-20 seconds but the phone works normally after. Anyone else confirm. Also I get HW Reset yellow screens every few days any ideas? Also we going to get any updates soon? Loving this ROM thanks for your work!

In 7 days I got one lockup while using the keyboard, but I grabbed the log and I am hunting for the cause :)
Those yellow screen resets are not a rom issue though, sounds like gfx drivers of your kernel are going fritz.
R5 is on it's way, currently though I have no time to finish it since I have to prepare for a phone interview.

snak3ater

Recognized Contributor
Jul 31, 2012
Land of Pathans
In 7 days I got one lockup while using the keyboard, but I grabbed the log and I am hunting for the cause :)
Those yellow screen resets are not a rom issue though, sounds like gfx drivers of your kernel are going fritz.
R5 is on it's way, currently though I have no time to finish it since I have to prepare for a phone interview.

That's strange..It's my 3rd day on this Rom & haven't seen any lockup yet..
Btw using Enhanced Stock kernel by Faux

psak

Oct 13, 2010
i experienced lock ups while using keyboard/messaging app. probably total 3-4 times since i flashed the ROM R4 on August 14th.

getaceres

Oct 8, 2010
i experienced lock ups while using keyboard/messaging app. probably total 3-4 times since i flashed the ROM R4 on August 14th.
It's a known issue in JSS builds. The only fix is to get a JWR ROM or an hybrid one like Paranoid Android (I think it's the only hybrid one at the moment).

bluesteve3

Jul 23, 2012
Hi, I'm a new owner of a Nexus 4 and have recently started ROMing.

I am a bit confused with the downloading,
When i click on the download link it opens up another webpage which has 4 options (Plus another option to go to the parent directory):

Stockified_R1 6 File(s)
Stockified_R2 6 File(s)
Stockified_R3 6 File(s)
Stockified_R4 6 File(s)

When clicking on one of the it opens into it with even more options to choose from.

Which one is the actual ROM?

Also for the kernel, Do we have to install the kernel separately for it to work?
Also there is a link to a ROM in the kernel link, is that the one we use?

I'm very confused and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

show-p1984

Jul 30, 2011
Hi, I'm a new owner of a Nexus 4 and have recently started ROMing.

I am a bit confused with the downloading,
When i click on the download link it opens up another webpage which has 4 options (Plus another option to go to the parent directory):

Stockified_R1 6 File(s)
Stockified_R2 6 File(s)
Stockified_R3 6 File(s)
Stockified_R4 6 File(s)

When clicking on one of the it opens into it with even more options to choose from.

Which one is the actual ROM?

Also for the kernel, Do we have to install the kernel separately for it to work?
Also there is a link to a ROM in the kernel link, is that the one we use?

I'm very confused and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

RX: X = release number, bigger = newer
The biggest file is the rom. The other two are checksums to check if your download got corrupted and the addon folder holds addons, currently only one: insecure boot.img.

The kernel ofc needs to be installed separately, this rom comes with the stock kernel.

Last edited:
Reactions: pnut22r

bluesteve3

Jul 23, 2012
RX: X = release number, bigger = newer
The biggest file is the rom. The other two are checksums to check if your download got corrupted and the addon folder holds addons, currently only one: insecure boot.img.

Wow, wasn't expecting a response that fast.

Thank's, downloading ROM file now.

G

GuestK00105

I find it hard to believe this rom could even be bettered by an update. R4 is perfect, show-p is going to have a hard time beating it! ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCONTINUED

stockified_banner.png

Issues: (gapps/aosp bugs)
    • None, unless you found one? :)

Changes from AOSP (everything is listed here):
    • built from AOSP source, modifications are listed here.
    • stock boot animation
    • Paranoid-Android's zero-day gapps for 4.4 included + modifications and additions
    • mpdecision touchboost fixed
    • location bug fixed, thanks @jarjar124
    • Don't use TLSRE (Thread Local Storage Register Emulation), we support it natively
    • added photosphere camera
    • fixed gallery settings
    • fixed duplicate ringtones
    • fixed google wallet
    • added version string in settings
    • added stock keyboard
    • removed aosp keyboard
    • removed broken and obsolete voice dialer (GNow does that for you)
    • removed BasicDreams (fixes duplicated daydream settings)
    • fixed face unlock
    • user build
    • dexopt
    • fixed google backup
    • enabled launcher rotation
    • fixed Bookmarks sync
    • fixed Calendar sync
    • default: set data roaming disabled
    • added poweruser options (default hidden & disabled, tap 7 times on rom version to show it)
    • added advanced reboot menu setting (=> poweruser options, default: disabled)
    • add LockScreen rotation setting (=> poweruser options, default: disabled)
    • add Launcher rotation setting (=> poweruser options, default: disabled)
    • Force Quick settings rotation lock like on phablet/tablet (=> poweruser options, default: disabled)
    • Poweruser menu: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44206202/roms/mako/index.html

That's it. Clean and simple. #Stockified AOSP.

Visit http://bricked.de for a matching kernel :)
    Use KControl to tune your settings and kernel.

Bricked-Kernel XDA-Thread:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2056527
    Changelog:
    R8:
    • fixed duplicated camera issue
    • removed GoogleDialer (n5, issues with call screen) and re-added perfectly working AOSP-Dialer.

R7:
    • Now stable
    • fixed Clock (old jb settings were caused by a merge mistake on my end)
    • updated Dialer (taken from n5)
    • fixed Photosphere
    • fixed flashes with selinux respecting recoveries (thx Dees_troy for the hint)

R6:
    • beta for kitkat :)
    • merged with Kitkat 4.4_r1
    • re-applied all fixes and previous features

R5:
    • fixed gbackup (mismatched signatures)
    • Force Quick settings rotation lock like on phablet/tablet (=> poweruser options, default: disabled)
    • merge to 4.3.1_r1

R4:
    • fixed Bookmarks sync
    • fixed Calendar sync
    • default: set data roaming disabled
    • added poweruser options (default hidden & disabled, tap 7 times on rom version to show it)
    • https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44206202/roms/mako/index.html
    • added advanced reboot menu setting (=> poweruser options, default: disabled)
    • add LockScreen rotation setting (=> poweruser options, default: disabled)
    • add Launcher rotation setting (=> poweruser options, default: disabled)

R3:
    • added stock keyboard
    • removed aosp keyboard
    • removed broken and obsolete voice dialer
    • removed BasicDreams (fixes duplicated daydream settings)
    • fixed face unlock
    • user build
    • dexopt
    • fix duplicate ringtones (again)
    • fixed google backup
    • enabled launcher rotation

R2:
    • Don't use TLSRE (Thread Local Storage Register Emulation), we support it natively
    • fixed bluetooth (permisssion issue)
    • added photosphere camera
    • fixed gallery settings
    • fixed duplicate ringtones (capitalization issue)
    • fixed google wallet build.prop
    • added version string in settings

R1:
    • built from AOSP source, modifications are listed here.
    • stock boot animation
    • gapps for 4.3 included
    • mpdecision touchboost fixed
    • location bug fixed, thanks @jarjar124

#####################################

Kitkat is online! :)
    Forcing the Launcher rotation and the quicktiles autorotate toggle will ONLY work on Launcher3!
    (After the initial setup Android will ask you which one to choose, I left the slightly modified AOSP-Launcher3 in there for ppl that may not like the GoogleNow integrated Launcher. It's your choice.)

This time I was 'lazy', so credits for the gapps used goes to Paranoid-Android's Zero-Day Google apps :)

http://bricked.de/index.php?action=romdownload&device=mako

Have fun :)

Oh btw: mpdecision's touch boost is fixed (once again) and works marvelously:
    Code:
    [email protected]:/ $ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq       

Tested to be working with a clean flash through TWRP 2.6.3.2
    It's 2:30 am here, thought what will be dialer screen look like in 4.4. I dialed to one of my friends and then I see I cannot cut the phone. Lol
    Believe it or not I was kinda ready for this situation that what to do when the ring goes. I quickly turned off my phone at first ring.
    My friend's gonna beat me in morning for calling him late night :p

Fixed in R8, which is out. :)

R7 was borked...
    Lesson learned: never ever build a rom while playing dota2.
    R6 with Kitkat is online! :)
    Forcing the Launcher rotation and the quicktiles autorotate toggle will ONLY work on Launcher3!
    (After the initial setup Android will ask you which one to choose, I left the slightly modified AOSP-Launcher3 in there for ppl that may not like the GoogleNow integrated Launcher. It's your choice.)

This is a BETA ROM, report any issue back here. (except those mentioned above, as that's smali hacking, and I loathe that.)
    This time I was 'lazy', so credits for the gapps used goes to Paranoid-Android's Zero-Day Google apps :)

http://bricked.de/index.php?action=romdownload&device=mako

Have fun :)

Oh btw: mpdecision's touch boost is fixed (once again) and works marvelously:
    Code:

Tested to be working with a clean flash through TWRP 2.6.0.0.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone