samsung grand duos 6.0.1 official rom is fail to flash it says whole signature failed
This is a build of the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) based on
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Device-specific source code for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos are available from https://github.com/pawitp/android_device_samsung_i9082/tree/aosp-6.0 and https://github.com/pawitp/android_kernel_samsung_i9082/tree/aosp-6.0.
Compatibility patches are included in the device repository in the "PATCHES" folder. (Please give credit if you use them in your ROM and if you fix something, please submit patches.)
For compilation instruction, see https://github.com/pawitp/android_device_samsung_i9082/wiki/How-to-compile-aosp-6.0.
Google Apps: http://opengapps.org/?api=6.0&variant=nano
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
- Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
- Video (playback & recording)
- Audio (playback & recording)
- Everything else not listed under "known issues"
- AOSP keyboard does not support gesture typing even with gapps installed. This is to prevent crash with incompatible gapps packages. If you want gesture typing, install Google Keyboard from the Play Store.
- FM Radio does not work
- Runtime storage permission does not fully work (setns kernel patches are not applied, see com.android.cts.appsecurity.PermissionsHostTest#testInteractiveGrant CTS test. After granting permission, the app will need to be restarted before it sees the new permission.)
- Sometimes wake up causes music stutter
- Does not work on 4.1 stock ROM's bootloader, please upgrade to stock 4.2 before flashing
Additionally, Dual SIM has the following limitations (once they work):
- Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
- "Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled
- Make a backup!
- If you were on CM 10.1 or a stock ROM prior to 4.2, upgrade to stock 4.2 first.
- Install ClockworkMod recovery with SELinux support (.tar) (.zip). Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
- Reboot into recovery
- If you are using a recovery which mounts /system on boot, unmount it before installing
- Wipe data if coming from stock or other ROMs (You may get a "status 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
- Install the ROM
- Optionally install the Google Apps Addon (In Marshmallow, you MUST flash gapps before booting into the system for the first time or else the proper permissions will not be granted resulting in Setup Wizard crash. If you experience the crash, you will need to do a factory reset.)
To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. You also need to flash Google Apps and other addons again because addon.d support is not included in this ROM.
20160406: Based on android-6.0.1_r24
20160313: Based on android-6.0.1_r21
20160312: Based on android-6.0.1_r21Removed due to mobile network issue
20160221: Fix SIM card detection when phone is encrypted
20160206: Based on android-6.0.1_r11
20160124: Update vclmk SELinux policy from GHsR (may help with freezes when low on memory), fix mute not working in-call
20160105: Based on android-6.0.1_r8 (note: to prevent upgrade issues like in 5.1, I will not pick the latest revision, but rather the latest revision Google used to build for the Nexus 6P)
20160103: Enable SELinux in enforcing mode (some of the work thanks to GHsR)
20151228: Fix switching 2G/3G, fix widevine DRM (Google Play Movies)
20151219: Update binder compatibility patch from CM
20151208: Based on android-6.0.1_r3
20151206: Fix auto rotation, camera rotation, flashlight and WebView crash thanks to patches pointed out by GHsR. Fix Dual SIM thanks to patch pointed out by Yousef Mohamed.
20151128: Based on android-6.0.0_r26, disable gesture typing on AOSP Keyboard to prevent crash with some gapps (install Google Keyboard if you want gesture typing). Please also see updated instruction for gapps installation.
20151018: Add uid_cputime patch in the kernel, temporarily use Galaxy 2 Plus libril.so for working single SIM RIL. (Note: you either need to factory reset or follow the FAQ on how to disable Dual SIM on your device.)
20151013: Initial alpha release based on android-6.0.0_r1
Can you include the "ask first" option for sending messages?
The "ask first" option is not available in AOSP. However, you can select the SIM when you send the message if you use Google's Messenger app.
Sometimes the people on the other side of the call cannot hear me
The real cause of this is unknown, but this is often found with people using the I9082DDUBNB1 baseband/modem. Some people have reported that flashing a different baseband (e.g. I9082XXUBMK3) has resolved the problem. A collection of basebands can be found at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2496989. Or you can also try I9082LUBUBMK1 that I use.
How do I enable/disable Dual SIM?
Dual SIM support is enabled by default (except for 20151018 build). If you only use 1 SIM and wants to disable Dual SIM support, you can use the following instruction:
su setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds
su setprop persist.radio.multisim.config none
Battery Statistics shows that Wi-Fi is always on even though I've turned it off.
If you are using "scanning always available" in Advanced Wi-Fi Settings, then Wi-Fi will always be on to scan for available network to aid location discovery.
How do I enable root?
Root need to be flashed manually.
I'm having battery issues
After installing, my storage was reduced from 8 GB to 4 GB
You only have 4 GB for user data in the first place. The other 4 GB is used by system files. This is the same with stock as well. However, stock might have displayed it as "8 GB with 4 GB used by system files", but AOSP-based ROMs will only display the space available for user data.
Can you include Feature X into your ROM?
No. This ROM will have AOSP's feature set.
Can you include S-Note/S-Planner/MultiWindow/Insert Samsung App Here?
No. This is an AOSP ROM and cannot have TouchWiz applications.
Can you include call recording?
What kernel does this ROM use?
A slightly modified version of the stock kernel, the source code is linked above.
I've heard that Broadcom doesn't release source, how can you make this ROM?
Contrary to the popular belief, userspace driver source code is not always required to make an AOSP-based ROM as long as the proprietary binaries shipped with the device does not modify the API too heavily (or is from a very different version of Android). Instead of modifying the source code of the drivers, the Android source code was adapted to be able to use the proprietary binaries.
Can I use your ROM as a base?
Most of Android is licensed under the Apache License with other small parts licensed under other open-source licenses. Which means that you may modify and redistribute without asking for permission as long as the proper credits is given.
Can contacts be saved to phone/SIM?
No. It is not supported in AOSP-based ROMs.
Can I send files over Wi-Fi Direct?
Yes, but you must use third-party applications. The implementation provided on Samsung ROMs is not an open standard. AOSP/CM does not provide a native way to send files over Wi-Fi Direct.
Can I mirror your ROM?
You're free to, but I will not list it in this post.
You are free to discuss bugs in this thread. However, I will not actively fix or help with bugs reported. Patches which fix them are welcomed.