May 8, 2015
Cork

Liquid_death.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
 */

About LD
Years after the death of LiquidSmooth, Sean Hoyt (the LiquidSmooth lead dev) has returned to the ROM game with the Exynos5420 team to bring greatness to our beloved exynos5420 tablets and note 3 out of the ashes of the fallen LiquidSmooth ROM. LiquidDeathOS is super optimized for the exynos5420.
In fact right now it is so optimized that it won't even boot on non-exynos devices :)
LD is AOSP based and is only for Exynos devices
(it's even more optimized than cm)

Feature List:
OMS/substratum theme engine
Advanced Reboot
Network Traffic Settings
Clock Settings
Quick Pulldown
Smart Pulldown
Hardware/Software key control
Lockscreen Control
More to come!!

Important
This thread is for Official LiquidDeathOS builds for chagallwifi (SM-T800). The following will not be supported here:
Custom kernels
Mods
Xposed

What works:
Display/Brightness
Touchscreen
Audio
Wifi
Buttons/Lights
SDCard
USB Storage
Bluetooth
IR Blaster
Camera
Microphone

What doesn't work:
Home button wake
Fingerprint Reader.

Not in the list? Report below

How to install
1. Download ROM and Gapps and transfer to device
2. Boot into recovery (TWRP recommended)
3. Wipe the system, cache, data, and dalvik cache
4. Install ROM
5. Install Gapps
6. Install Root if you want
7. Reboot to system

Downloads
Chagallwifi Downloads

Contributors
@deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin @javelinanddart@tincho5588 @ShevT @DarkExistence

Device Maintainers
DarkExistence

Source code
Device Repos
Rom Source

Last edited:

DarkExistence

May 8, 2015
Cork
You're maintaining 3 different roms lol

Which one do you personally use as your daily driver?

At the moment, Nonelol. I switch between all three frequently for bug checking and updating. If I had to choose, it would actually be liquid death. Doesnt have the most customisation, yet, but god damn its stable lol

Reactions: Jstame

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
Okay Thanks!

I'll try this one since I'm not using the gps I guess ;) (any plan on fixing it?)

Do I need to update my firmware to the latest one to get a stable feel?

Thank you!

DarkExistence

May 8, 2015
Cork
How to update to Marshmallow bootloader (required for 20170323 and later builds)
Updating the bootloader is very quick and doesn't wipe data or repartition the device.
If the last Samsung ROM you had was 6.0.1 Touchwiz, you already have Marshmallow bootloader and don't need to follow these steps. (If you were on MM, and it still won't boot, follow the steps below)

1. Download the bootloader-only Odin package: T800XXU1CPK2.tar.md5
This has the latest Marshmallow bootloader (December 2016)
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767146298
2. Download Odin 3.11
You can skip this if you already have a working Odin
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298937183
3. Shutdown your tablet and start it up by holding Power+Home+Volume Down to enter Download Mode. Volume Down is the one right next to the power button. Really shut it down and use this key combination, if you use Advanced Restart, or go into download mode via TWRP the bootloader won't change.
4. Make sure the screen of your tablet has a green android symbol with a "Downloading..." text
5. Open Odin3_v3.11.1.exe and follow the instructions in this image:
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2LpBdo2.png

If anything is missing, you WON'T flash bootloader successfully.
6. Click Start. Your tablet will automatically reboot back into your ROM.
7. To verify you have the new bootloader, you can run in terminal emulator "getprop ro.bootloader". It should say T800XXU1CPK2.

Thanks @ZakooZ for the post!

Last edited:

DarkExistence

May 8, 2015
Cork
I'm running on pac rom (android 5.1.1)

That's fine, you should be good to go. Just make sure your using the latest twrp (if not download the latest one, reboot to twrp, press installs switch to images at the bottom, choose the twrp image, select that it's a recovery image, swipe to flash and reboot to twrp again and it should be updated)

DarkExistence

May 8, 2015
Cork
Deathly Adiutor App
wTQESpC.png

Deathly Adiutor is an open-source, modified version of Kernel Adiutor made specifically for Exynos 5420 devices.
OQcxH0m.gif

Features
Power Saving:
  • S-Pen Power Saving - Same as in Touchwiz, disables S-Pen detection if it's inserted in the slot
  • S-Pen Input Booster - Instantly increase CPU frequency when the S-Pen touches the screen
  • Touchscreen Input Booster - Instantly increase CPU frequency when you touch the screen
  • Touchkey Input Booster - Instantly increase CPU frequency when you touch the capacitive buttons
  • Touchscreen Glove Mode (Not all screens support this)

CPU Control:
  • CPU Settings reworked - Deathly adiutor back-end was cleaned up to work specifically with our CPU
  • CPU Thermal - Control all thermal throttling points for the CPU (make your device run colder... or even hotter)

GPU Control:
  • GPU Time in States - Same as CPU Time in States (Times in each frequency)
  • GPU Frequency Control (not yet supported on Nougat)
  • GPU Voltage Control (not yet supported on Nougat)
  • GPU Governor Control (not yet supported on Nougat)

Battery control:
  • Full power statistics - See current and maximum charging currents and current source of power
  • Unstable power source detection - Lowers current until the power source is stable
  • Customize charger current limits - Make your device charge faster (safe, if the charger can not supply enough current, the board will dynamically decrease the current)
  • Screen-On current limiter - Limit charging if screen is on (to avoid overheating)

Speakers:
  • Privacy mode - Disable main speaker if headphones are plugged in
  • Earpiece volume
  • Left/Right speaker volume
  • Speaker equalizer

Headphones:
  • Left/Right channel volume
  • Mono output mode
  • Headphone equalizer

App Themes:
  • Light theme - White and Red
  • Dark theme - Grey and Red

Credits
This post was written by @ZakooZ
This app is brought you by the exynos5420 developer team: @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart, @tincho5588, @ShevT@DarkExistence

Translators:
@ShevT - Russian

The following people deserve distinction for their major contribution:
@tincho5588, responsible for 80%+ of the code for the new features
@deadman96385, the main maintainer of the Deathly kernel and most of the remaining code

Downloads
The app can be found in the Play Store:

Helping the developers
You may have noticed there's 2 versions of this app, one ad-free for donators and one with ads.
You can help us by clicking ads you're interested in for the free version, or purchasing the donator version!
We will use the money generated by this app as common money for the developers of the team. It will be used to pay for our web-hosting (we own a gerrit server and a domain name, exynos5420.com). It will also be used to buy a new device if one of ours breaks.

Translating the App
You can also help us by translating the app to your language:
1. You can start by looking at the full english language file: Link
2. Then compare it to your unfinished language file. You can find it here, under values-xx/strings.xml, xx being your language abbreviation.
3. You can then fill-in the missing strings in your language file. Here's an example of what a proper update looks like.
4. Then you can submit your translation by using our gerrit. If you don't know how to use gerrit, just PM the translation to your favorite developer and he'll get it merged!

Reactions: mosimchah

robhug

Jun 16, 2016
Lausanne
I just wondered, is it planned to enable the fingerprint scanner ? I think it should have a good reason, because it's disabled in all the 7.1.1 Roms :good:
It's not a request but just if we can expect to get it working a future release :) thanks @DarkExistence for your hard work (wow 3 roms :silly: !)

DarkExistence

May 8, 2015
Cork
The ROM is a brand new ROM and is still WIP. The feature set isn't as big as what RR or Lineage have yet, but it is a lot smoother and a lot more optimised for exynos devices so it won't lag as much and there will be less crashes.

Fingerprint reader is disabled for certain reasons, it will get re enabled eventually but we need to work on it first :)

Reactions: robhug

DarkExistence

May 8, 2015
Cork
Wonderful Rom! I always prefer AOSP so this version is my favourite one. Very very smooth, and really good performances! Waiting for gps and fingerprints. Thank you very much Dark Existence!

Your very welcome! The team I work with are great and have put a lot of effort into getting this up and running so glad you like it.

mosimchah

Dec 7, 2014
Yes that's normal, it's based off AOSP DU . Default wallpaper will change in future updates . Still WIP.

I told you it was super smooth ;) :)
Just want to clarify, LDO is not based off of du, rather we are AOSP based, we simply used du as a reference, and they happen to have an amazing wallpaper, so we decided to use it until we make our own wall

Last edited:

mosimchah

Dec 7, 2014
Great work thx again
unfortunately this rom doesn't exist privacy guard like RR N & LineageOs

(Sorry for my bad english)
It has app ops instead of privacy guard, this is slimmer, and allows for greater control of permissions for system apps, it's in settings/security

Edit, just moved it to the main settings https://review.exynos5420.com/2117

Last edited:
Reactions: abushami

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Liquid_death.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

About LD
    Years after the death of LiquidSmooth, Sean Hoyt (the LiquidSmooth lead dev) has returned to the ROM game with the Exynos5420 team to bring greatness to our beloved exynos5420 tablets and note 3 out of the ashes of the fallen LiquidSmooth ROM. LiquidDeathOS is super optimized for the exynos5420.
    In fact right now it is so optimized that it won't even boot on non-exynos devices :)
    LD is AOSP based and is only for Exynos devices
    (it's even more optimized than cm)

Feature List:
    Advanced Reboot
    Network Traffic Settings
    Clock Settings
    Quick Pulldown
    Smart Pulldown
    Hardware/Software key control
    Lockscreen Control
    More to come!!

Important
    This thread is for Official LiquidDeathOS builds for chagallwifi (SM-T800). The following will not be supported here:
    Custom kernels
    Mods
    Xposed

What works:
    Display/Brightness
    Touchscreen
    Audio
    Wifi
    Buttons/Lights
    SDCard
    USB Storage
    Bluetooth
    IR Blaster
    Camera
    Microphone

What doesn't work:
    Home button wake
    Fingerprint Reader.

Not in the list? Report below

How to install
    1. Download ROM and Gapps and transfer to device
    2. Boot into recovery (TWRP recommended)
    3. Wipe the system, cache, data, and dalvik cache
    4. Install ROM
    5. Install Gapps
    6. Install Root if you want
    7. Reboot to system

Downloads
    Chagallwifi Downloads

Contributors
    @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin @javelinanddart@tincho5588 @ShevT @DarkExistence

Device Maintainers
    DarkExistence

Source code
    Device Repos
    Rom Source

LiquidDeath has joined the automated building system! New build tonight sometime! OP link has changed to be up to date! Woohoo!! :)
    New build sometime today with the button fix, and some other stuff :)
    LiquidDeathOS builds have been disabled for the time being. This is due to the fact there are delays with restarting the ROM from the ground up as we are too busy with other issues. We cannot merge 7.1.2 either as there are too many issues in the merging process, and to try and merge it we would need the restarted ROM, which as I said is no where near ready.

The builds will still be available, there just wont be any new ones for awhile.

I'll make another post once LiquidDeathOS builds restart! :)
    In the next few weeks (or later, depends on a lot of factors) the LD team and I will be redoing LD from the ground up because right now there's some major issues that we can't figure out at the moment (the titanium backup issue, ril not working on LTE devices, the button settings don't work 100%, there's no media sounds, etc), we made some mistakes the first time around and we're going to correct it, just figured I'd give everyone a heads up
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone