[ROM][AOSP][8.1 Oreo] Unlegacy Android (Unofficial)

Search This thread

RDS5

True, in fact, 3 hours ago when I am using the tablet it turned into literal TV static snow for 3 seconds and back to normal. That 3 seconds I jumped out of my chair afraiding that the tab is toast lol:p
this tablet's gpu is so bad brawl stars enters some sort of low graphics mode where everything is literally just squares and basic shapes (mostly black squares).
best bit? it cant even enter a real match. only a test match it was able to run, when i logged into my main account it wasnt even able to load into a real match.

• Wow
Reactions: LR7875

KappaTheCapper

May 2, 2020
this tablet's gpu is so bad brawl stars enters some sort of low graphics mode where everything is literally just squares and basic shapes (mostly black squares).
best bit? it cant even enter a real match. only a test match it was able to run, when i logged into my main account it wasnt even able to load into a real match.
Looks like hardware limitations, the game probably requires something that the GPU does not have or support properly and there comes the issues.

levider

Aug 6, 2014
im going with orion for now, but ill probably switch to oreo once it gets a proper SEPolicy.
orion seems alot faster (although i may not have waited long enough for oreo's optimization to do its thing).
i have a question tho, is it just my tablet, or can this rom not handle 1080p youtube on newpipe? im ok with watching in 720p (native resolution of the tablet), but i just want to know if it can handle 1080p youtube.
also, would battery life on this rom be similar to orion?
Yes it can handle. I watch YT on 1080p with youtube vanced, it's smooth, not laggy.
I have P3100 and use Omni6 from Andi

RDS5

It must be actually playing on 720p but shown as 1080p.
its downscaled to 720p, but it is actually playing back 1080p. i forget the actual term but it was something like "downsampling" or something that PCs use. they render an image at something like 4k and then downscale that to your resolution, which makes the image clearer.
its not snakeoil, it can actually increase visual clarity.

• Wow
Reactions: LR7875

Daniel071

Jun 5, 2020
The download servers and build servers will be undergoing maintainence over the coming few days.
That means that downloads for espressowifi and espresso3g builds may not be available through the pavela.net domain. Once the maintainance is done, it should allow the build server to be up more reliably.

More information about server status is available here: https://status.pavela.net/
And the Jenkins build server with espressowifi and espresso3g builds and their logs can be viewed here: https://jenkins.pavela.net/

I've uploaded the latest builds to a mirror. Use these links if the pavela.net domain is down. These builds are the same as the ones uploaded earlier, just in a mirror while the download server will be going through maintainance.

DOWNLOADS:
espressowifi
espresso3g

Once maintainance is done, automated builds for espresso and espresso3g and access to more builds for more devices should be available soon™

Star_and_Moon

Jul 11, 2022
Hi everybody!
I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. I don't speak English very well, so my translation can be strange.

First: I wanna thank you for the developers. You have ressurrected a great Samsung Tablet. This 8.1 version is so good!
I came here because I wanna ask one thing: There is some way for use a custom kernel in this tablet? This version is running unbelievably for the hardware in it. But a "upgrade" would help a lot in games.

I saw in the "Kernel toolkit" that the processor is running at the frequencies; 300, 600, 800 and 1008 MHz. Would have able to increase them? If so, thank you. If not, thank you too, because this version is great! Thank you for all the effort and dedication.

Anyway: I'm sorry for my bad English.

RDS5

Hi everybody!
I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. I don't speak English very well, so my translation can be strange.

First: I wanna thank you for the developers. You have ressurrected a great Samsung Tablet. This 8.1 version is so good!
I came here because I wanna ask one thing: There is some way for use a custom kernel in this tablet? This version is running unbelievably for the hardware in it. But a "upgrade" would help a lot in games.

I saw in the "Kernel toolkit" that the processor is running at the frequencies; 300, 600, 800 and 1008 MHz. Would have able to increase them? If so, thank you. If not, thank you too, because this version is great! Thank you for all the effort and dedication.

Anyway: I'm sorry for my bad English.
theres likely a way to compile the kernel from source with an overclock, but i dont know how, although some searching for ti omap custom kernels should help.
i wouldnt recommend it tho, because this tablet lacks a temperature sensor, so it'd easily overheat and die.

Star_and_Moon

Jul 11, 2022
Thanks for the reply!

Oh, I see. Do you know some compilation here, in XDA?
I hope that in the future there will be a custom kernel for it. But for now, this rom is already impressing me a lot for its speed.

Mighty

Mar 17, 2018
Wdym by jelly scrolling effect? For me scrolling in settings is pretty smooth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warranties:
    THIS GUIDE COMES WITH NO WARRANTY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE OF BREAKING YOUR PRECIOUS TABLET.
    PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE CONTINUING, AS THIS GUIDE WILL WIPE YOUR DATA.
    Also, this guide assumes you have the following requirements:
    • Bootloader unlocked
    • TWRP installed

Installation:
    Before proceeding, pick the tablet and go to TWRP.
    Do the normal wipes for clean flash.
    Copy the zip to sdcard or on the tab wherever you like.
    Flash the zip from TWRP.
    Reboot and done, enjoy :)

Problems:
    Wifi connects but shows no internet. (Need help in fixing this!) Fixed!
    No SELinux support yet!
    Cameras will NOT work, as we are using a newer 3.4 kernel for Oreo!
    GPS
    You tell :D

Download:
    espresso3g
    espressowifi

Thanks for @LR7875 for making it work on espressowifi!!
    Thanks to Daniel071 for his support! See #306

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: 8.1.0 Oreo
    Updated link in #1 where wifi is working now!
    Great to see that development continues!
    Thanks a lot @Mighty and @html6405 !

From time to time I am reading on XDA or taking a look at our dev chat Channels, even if I am not a big help anymore.

I am spending my rare spare time working on a OpenSource Photobooth project, mainly to run on a raspberry pi.

My daughter was born end of August and now new, different challenges are waiting for me!

Best regards

Andi
    I compiled Unlegacy Android 8.0 builds for espressowifi using sources from thread. Automated builds using jenkins for espresso (wifi) and espresso3g coming soon

DOWNLOAD (espresso)

INSTALL GUIDE

What works: Wifi, bluetooth, stereo audio, autorotate, sdcard, gapps, USB file transfer, battery status
    What doesn't work: Camera (drivers don't support kernel 3.4), gps, selinux, you tell me

Stock calendar and email apps are missing due to causing numerous build issues.
    If the right stereo speakers has any delayed popping/clicking sounds please let me know.

espressowifi.jpg

Screenshot_20220201-220027.png

Screenshot_20220201-220233.png

Screenshot_20220201-220203.png
    Device specific resources you will need

My manifests files (in .repo/local_manifests/espresso.xml)
    XML:
    <manifest>
      <remote  name="github"
               fetch="https://github.com/"/>

<!-- device specfic files -->
      <project name="MightyM17/android_device_samsung_espresso" path="device/samsung/espresso" remote="github" revision="aosp-8.1"/>
      <project name="MightyM17/android_device_samsung_espresso3g" path="device/samsung/espresso3g" remote="github" revision="aosp-8.1"/>

<!-- kernel -->
      <project name="MightyM17/android_kernel_ti_omap4" path="kernel/ti/omap4"  remote="github" revision="3.4/common"/>
      <project name="airend/android_hardware_ti_omap4" path="hardware/ti/omap4" remote="github" revision="stable"/>
    </manifest>

Need help getting started?

For other questions or support, either contact Mighty or ask for help in the XDA discord

Huge thanks to MightyM17 for the port and support.
    Yeah, I agree with you. @Mighty, you better change your name to Almighty because many devs tried to build this rom but failed. Only you were successful to get the rom even booting in tab 2. That's really a big step forward.💯🏆⚡🎉🎆
    Haha, thanks a lot! It's my pleasure to work on tab 2, and many thanks to Ziyan, Andi, html6405 for helping me out!