• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][AOSP][8.1 Oreo] Unlegacy Android (Unofficial)

Search This thread

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
WTF i5-3210m!? I really feel sad for you waiting basically forever in front of a 8 year laptop.
My specs are i3 dual 3.4Ghz, 8GB ram, and a 1TB, the bitter truth is, it is a HDD. Only one HDD so I can't dual boot, and VirtualBox clearly won't be terribly fast as I am running windows.

Clearly my pc am not much faster than your laptop. Anyone have a faster PC? How about you, @TheDoctor46 ?
Mine is an AMD Ryzen 3 3200U 4gb ram 1 tb storage. It is for educational use so I don't even think it would be any help. Running windows 10 currently but it is compatible with windows 11.Waiting for October 5.
SORRY FOR NOT BEING ANY HELP :(

Last edited:
Reactions: LR7875

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
Also there are some online emulators of Linux that have supposedly 1GB/s(maximum bandwidth) internet and 64-bit system. However, the cons are that you need to babysit in front of it and move the cursor every 9 minutes(as it will close the emulator if you do nothing in 10 mins)
It will be extremely painful if you need to build for 10 hours or so. But the internet on the emulator should be fast(if really 1 gb per second then sync sources should only take a few minutes)
Also after building you need to upload the rom to Google drive or Android file host or it will be lost.
Well, I tried playing with them once and mostly all are based on same framework. Even the windows 10 emulator is based on same framework and it's nowhere close to windows 10.

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Yeah kinda guessed that no one will sit there and move the cursor for a few hours. I won't do that either.
And as a side note are everyone here students?
Also I am kind of giggling over the fact my whoppingly old 7 year is the strongest PC of you all (most amount of ram, similar processor), but as it is already not really fast on daily use, and I have to use a not-so-stable USB tethering from my phone to access the internet, it will take a few years to build the ROM. And as I am using windows, virtualbox will definitely bottleneck the speed.
Then who's going to maintain this ROM? Or you guys count on me:unsure: which won't be the most reliable:p

Last edited:

Mighty

Mar 17, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Yeah kinda guessed that no one will sit there and move the cursor for a few hours. I won't do that either.
And as a side note are everyone here students?
Also I am kind of giggling over the fact my whoppingly old 7 year is the strongest PC of you all (most amount of ram, similar processor), but as it is already not really fast on daily use, and I have to use a not-so-stable USB tethering from my phone to access the internet, it will take a few years to build the ROM.
Then who's going to maintain this ROM? Or you guys count on me:unsure: which won't be the most reliable:p
@Ziyan can we use the jenkins? :p

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
If it will take 3 hours, I can manage doing that while side by side attending my lectures but I don't have any knowledge and also if that pathetic emulator makes my laptop lag like hell and kick me out of lecs, it'll be a big problem.

gu_1_

Sep 8, 2021
Hello, I'm 16 too (LOL), I have:
i5-7200u
8gb ddr4
ssd ~140gb free - BTRFS
Fedora Workstation 34 as host
120mb internet

I can try to build it if you want, but i need the instructions.

Last edited:

gu_1_

Sep 8, 2021
I need the manifest, i think i know how to do the rest but the manifest is a problem for me.

I've already downloaded the android source, but now i need the kernel.

Last edited:

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
I need the manifest, i think i know how to do the rest but the manifest is a problem for me.

I've already downloaded the android source, but now i need the kernel.
Is this what you need. I am a total noob so I don't know. Just copy pasted the link from #1 post

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
Linux can also be emulated on an efficient android phone using limbo pc emulator but that again will need a good amount of ram. Is anyone here having a ROG phone 5 with 16 gb ram ! :ROFLMAO: :eek: so that even if limbo takes max to max 1 gb, we will have the rest !!

Last edited:

Mighty

Mar 17, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

i've seen this thread some days ago, and did try it on my GT-P3110. Great work, some things what i found which could be checked from other users, if they occur there, too.

- after using it for some hours with testing and installing/deinstalling apps the cpu keeps at 100 %
    - a tool shows that both cores are all time exact the same - does maybe only one core run, and is shown twice?
    - Edge browser or Chrome works. Whern trying to play videos, there is no sound, and acceleration seems to miss (?)
    - trying to use two apps from foreign tv, i got errors that streams could not start.

In spite of Omni/LOS/RR 7.1 it seems not to freeze one core by rebooting the device. What could be done for checking the difference what has changed to get rid of the problem in the older builds?

I wish i could be more helpfull, but i'm only an advanced user by now.

For that error 7 problem while flashing, i've read somewhere in another thread to try this:

In TWRP, open terminal. Write there:
    mkdir /cache/recovery

After Enter the next try to flash ended fine, i'm writing with my tab 2 now.

Regards
    The ROM is espresso3g the GT-P3110 one is espressowifi version

EDIT: Try Restarting to the Recovery again (error 7)
    Somehow nothing was flashing properly on that even after rebooting recovery. It flashed properly after flashing the TWRP 3.3.0-2. Ill check again with the 3.4.0-0 maybe.
    Use the common twrp by Andi, http://andi34.github.io/recoveries_tab2.html
    @Mighty is correct. This option is not available in any aosp roms (at least for tab 2) I notced that earlier. In Lineage OS or Resurrection Remix, it is available.
    not only for tab2, it should be for no devices with aosp roms
    I don't see the option to enable "advanced restart" in the "developer options" .....
    Correct me if I'm wrong but dont think that's available in aosp roms, maybe in LineageOS it is
    @Mighty is correct. This option is not available in any aosp roms (at least for tab 2) I notced that earlier. In Lineage OS or Resurrection Remix, it is available.
    I don't see the option to enable "advanced restart" in the "developer options" .....
    Not Available on Unlegacy Android
    This ROM was compiled on the XDA discord build server. This server is provided by Max MacNeill (WoodenPlankGames#3143) for the helpers of the XDA discord and the generous contributions of our donators.

Currently all donators have asked to remain anonymous.

If you wish to be added to this list, you can donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/xdabuildserver

Warranties:
    THIS GUIDE COMES WITH NO WARRANTY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE OF BREAKING YOUR PRECIOUS TABLET.
    PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE CONTINUING, AS THIS GUIDE WILL WIPE YOUR DATA.
    Also, this guide assumes you have the following requirements:
    • Bootloader unlocked
    • TWRP installed

Installation:
    Before proceeding, pick the tablet and go to TWRP.
    Do the normal wipes for clean flash.
    Copy the zip to sdcard or on the tab wherever you like.
    Flash the zip from TWRP.
    Reboot and done, enjoy :)

Problems:
    Wifi connects but shows no internet. (Need help in fixing this!) Fixed!
    No SELinux support yet!
    Cameras will NOT work, as we are using a newer 3.4 kernel for Oreo!
    GPS
    You tell :D

Download:
    espresso3g
    espressowifi See post #175! Thanks for @LR7875 for making it work on espressowifi!!

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: 8.1.0 Oreo
    Updated link in #1 where wifi is working now!
    Great to see that development continues!
    Thanks a lot @Mighty and @html6405 !

From time to time I am reading on XDA or taking a look at our dev chat Channels, even if I am not a big help anymore.

I am spending my rare spare time working on a OpenSource Photobooth project, mainly to run on a raspberry pi.

My daughter was born end of August and now new, different challenges are waiting for me!

Best regards

Andi
    Yeah, I agree with you. @Mighty, you better change your name to Almighty because many devs tried to build this rom but failed. Only you were successful to get the rom even booting in tab 2. That's really a big step forward.💯🏆⚡🎉🎆
    Haha, thanks a lot! It's my pleasure to work on tab 2, and many thanks to Ziyan, Andi, html6405 for helping me out!
    And yes, we would be working on the stability issues and camera by using the 3.0.101 kernel on the Tab 2 with oreo. The only issue is that @Mighty have a weak laptop that almost cannot build roms. We have to ask for help from developers like @html6405, which as they have a lot of devices to maintain, won't be the fastest update speed.
    Cameras are very unlikely, if @html6405 manages to get 3.0 kernel working with oreo there is some chance, but with 3.4 kernel its a no.
    BTW, I'm already having a booting 3.0.101 Kernel with working OTG, dock keyboard and many more functions.
    It's still unstable, because there are many other commits and backports to do.

I've fixed the camera hal partly, so that it's buildable, but the camera doesn't work so far (I think it's a hal problem),
    also, I've found a partly RIL fix, but at the moment only the BASEBAND is known.

Because of other ROM updates, I think will proceed in november with this...