• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][AOSP][8.1 Oreo] Unlegacy Android (Unofficial)

Search This thread

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
WTF i5-3210m!? I really feel sad for you waiting basically forever in front of a 8 year laptop.
My specs are i3 dual 3.4Ghz, 8GB ram, and a 1TB, the bitter truth is, it is a HDD. Only one HDD so I can't dual boot, and VirtualBox clearly won't be terribly fast as I am running windows.

Clearly my pc am not much faster than your laptop. Anyone have a faster PC? How about you, @TheDoctor46 ?
Mine is an AMD Ryzen 3 3200U 4gb ram 1 tb storage. It is for educational use so I don't even think it would be any help. Running windows 10 currently but it is compatible with windows 11.Waiting for October 5.
SORRY FOR NOT BEING ANY HELP :(

Last edited:
Reactions: LR7875

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
Also there are some online emulators of Linux that have supposedly 1GB/s(maximum bandwidth) internet and 64-bit system. However, the cons are that you need to babysit in front of it and move the cursor every 9 minutes(as it will close the emulator if you do nothing in 10 mins)
It will be extremely painful if you need to build for 10 hours or so. But the internet on the emulator should be fast(if really 1 gb per second then sync sources should only take a few minutes)
Also after building you need to upload the rom to Google drive or Android file host or it will be lost.
Well, I tried playing with them once and mostly all are based on same framework. Even the windows 10 emulator is based on same framework and it's nowhere close to windows 10.

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Yeah kinda guessed that no one will sit there and move the cursor for a few hours. I won't do that either.
And as a side note are everyone here students?
Also I am kind of giggling over the fact my whoppingly old 7 year is the strongest PC of you all (most amount of ram, similar processor), but as it is already not really fast on daily use, and I have to use a not-so-stable USB tethering from my phone to access the internet, it will take a few years to build the ROM. And as I am using windows, virtualbox will definitely bottleneck the speed.
Then who's going to maintain this ROM? Or you guys count on me:unsure: which won't be the most reliable:p

Last edited:

Mighty

Mar 17, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Yeah kinda guessed that no one will sit there and move the cursor for a few hours. I won't do that either.
And as a side note are everyone here students?
Also I am kind of giggling over the fact my whoppingly old 7 year is the strongest PC of you all (most amount of ram, similar processor), but as it is already not really fast on daily use, and I have to use a not-so-stable USB tethering from my phone to access the internet, it will take a few years to build the ROM.
Then who's going to maintain this ROM? Or you guys count on me:unsure: which won't be the most reliable:p
@Ziyan can we use the jenkins? :p

gu_1_

Sep 8, 2021
I need the manifest, i think i know how to do the rest but the manifest is a problem for me.

I've already downloaded the android source, but now i need the kernel.

Last edited:

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
I need the manifest, i think i know how to do the rest but the manifest is a problem for me.

I've already downloaded the android source, but now i need the kernel.
Is this what you need. I am a total noob so I don't know. Just copy pasted the link from #1 post

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
Linux can also be emulated on an efficient android phone using limbo pc emulator but that again will need a good amount of ram. Is anyone here having a ROG phone 5 with 16 gb ram ! :ROFLMAO: :eek: so that even if limbo takes max to max 1 gb, we will have the rest !!

Last edited:

Mighty

Mar 17, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Top Liked Posts