[ROM][AOSP][8.1 Oreo] Unlegacy Android (Unofficial)

Search This thread

KappaTheCapper

May 2, 2020
I've discovered a new bug. It would appear that leaving the tablet idle for a day or two causes it to freeze and then you have to force restart it

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
I'm not facing any major problems, its just that my laptop is underpowered to build oreo, i dont think i can continue building it until i get a new pc or like some clould computing
What is your pc specs? I can't help either because I am running a i3-4130 dual core pc and it will basically take forever.

And also how many is your ram and disk? Upgrading to a 8-16 GB ram and a 1TB SSD might help things out, if it is practical.

You know, I would want to donate you a new PC but only if I was not 15 and I have a card.

Also you can try building using a phone and Google cloud, but the cons are you need to tell your card number to google for the Google cloud trial version. You don't need to pay anything though.

Last edited:

Mighty

What is your pc specs? I can't help either because I am running a i3-4130 dual core pc and it will basically take forever.

And also how many is your ram and disk? Upgrading to a 8-16 GB ram and a 1TB SSD might help things out, if it is practical.

You know, I would want to donate you a new PC but only if I was not 15 and I have a card.

Also you can try building using a phone and Google cloud, but the cons are you need to tell your card number to google for the Google cloud trial version. You don't need to pay anything though.
Well mine is an i5-3210m, 6gb ram, i know upgrading to ssd or the ram would help but it isnt possible as of now. No worries. I dont have a credit card :p

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Well mine is an i5-3210m, 6gb ram, i know upgrading to ssd or the ram would help but it isnt possible as of now. No worries. I dont have a credit card :p
WTF i5-3210m!? I really feel sad for you waiting basically forever in front of a 8 year laptop.
My specs are i3 dual 3.4Ghz, 8GB ram, and a 1TB, the bitter truth is, it is a HDD. Only one HDD so I can't dual boot, and VirtualBox clearly won't be terribly fast as I am running windows.

Clearly my pc am not much faster than your laptop. Anyone have a faster PC? How about you, @TheDoctor46 ?

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Also there are some online emulators of Linux that have supposedly 1GB/s(maximum bandwidth) internet and 64-bit system. However, the cons are that you need to babysit in front of it and move the cursor every 9 minutes(as it will close the emulator if you do nothing in 10 mins)
It will be extremely painful if you need to build for 10 hours or so. But the internet on the emulator should be fast(if really 1 gb per second then sync sources should only take a few minutes)
Also after building you need to upload the rom to Google drive or Android file host or it will be lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mighty

Mighty

Also there are some online emulators of Linux that have supposedly 1GB/s(maximum bandwidth) internet and 64-bit system. However, the cons are that you need to babysit in front of it and move the cursor every 9 minutes(as it will close the emulator if you do nothing in 10 mins)
It will be extremely painful if you need to build for 10 hours or so. But the internet on the emulator should be fast(if really 1 gb per second then sync sources should only take a few minutes)
Also after building you need to upload the rom to Google drive or Android file host or it will be lost.
Well there are alts, but they have their cons like you said here, i wont be sitting for hours moving the mouse for it lmao

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warranties:
    THIS GUIDE COMES WITH NO WARRANTY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE OF BREAKING YOUR PRECIOUS TABLET.
    PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE CONTINUING, AS THIS GUIDE WILL WIPE YOUR DATA.
    Also, this guide assumes you have the following requirements:
    • Bootloader unlocked
    • TWRP installed

Installation:
    Before proceeding, pick the tablet and go to TWRP.
    Do the normal wipes for clean flash.
    Copy the zip to sdcard or on the tab wherever you like.
    Flash the zip from TWRP.
    Reboot and done, enjoy :)

Problems:
    Wifi connects but shows no internet. (Need help in fixing this!) Fixed!
    No SELinux support yet!
    Cameras will NOT work, as we are using a newer 3.4 kernel for Oreo!
    GPS
    The tablet does not charge from 0% accodring to some users (https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-aosp-8-1-oreo-unlegacy-android-unofficial.4323203/post-87301845). PLEASE DO NOT DRAIN IT COMPLETELY until a fix is found
    You tell :D

Download:
    espresso3g
    espressowifi

Thanks for @LR7875 for making it work on espressowifi!!
    Thanks to Daniel071 for his support! See #306

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: 8.1.0 Oreo
    Updated link in #1 where wifi is working now!
    Great to see that development continues!
    Thanks a lot @Mighty and @html6405 !

From time to time I am reading on XDA or taking a look at our dev chat Channels, even if I am not a big help anymore.

I am spending my rare spare time working on a OpenSource Photobooth project, mainly to run on a raspberry pi.

My daughter was born end of August and now new, different challenges are waiting for me!

Best regards

Andi
    New builds are now available (UnlegacyAndroid 8.1). Both espressowifi and espresso3g has been built.
    • If your model is P3110, P5110, P3113 or P5113, download the espressowifi build.
    • If your model is P3100 or P5100, download the espresso3g build.
    What works: Wifi, bluetooth, stereo audio, autorotate, sdcard, gapps, USB file transfer, battery status, hardware accelerated video
    What doesn't work: Camera (drivers don't support kernel 3.4), gps, selinux, you tell me

DOWNLOADS:
    The md5sum files are optional. Use them to verify the integrity of the downloaded files.

INSTALL GUIDE (espressowifi)
    INSTALL GUIDE (espresso3g)

CHANGELOG:
    - Implement F2FS support (Merge request)
    - Apply GPU accelerated video patch
    - Upstream changes (if any)

The previous build is available here
    Build scripts for the device available here
    Automated jenkins builds are nearing completion.
    I compiled Unlegacy Android 8.0 builds for espressowifi using sources from thread. Automated builds using jenkins for espresso (wifi) and espresso3g coming soon

DOWNLOAD (espresso)

INSTALL GUIDE

What works: Wifi, bluetooth, stereo audio, autorotate, sdcard, gapps, USB file transfer, battery status
    What doesn't work: Camera (drivers don't support kernel 3.4), gps, selinux, you tell me

Stock calendar and email apps are missing due to causing numerous build issues.
    If the right stereo speakers has any delayed popping/clicking sounds please let me know.

espressowifi.jpg

Screenshot_20220201-220027.png

Screenshot_20220201-220233.png

Screenshot_20220201-220203.png
    Device specific resources you will need

My manifests files (in .repo/local_manifests/espresso.xml)
    XML:
    <manifest>
      <remote  name="github"
               fetch="https://github.com/"/>

<!-- device specfic files -->
      <project name="MightyM17/android_device_samsung_espresso" path="device/samsung/espresso" remote="github" revision="aosp-8.1"/>
      <project name="MightyM17/android_device_samsung_espresso3g" path="device/samsung/espresso3g" remote="github" revision="aosp-8.1"/>

<!-- kernel -->
      <project name="MightyM17/android_kernel_ti_omap4" path="kernel/ti/omap4"  remote="github" revision="3.4/common"/>
      <project name="airend/android_hardware_ti_omap4" path="hardware/ti/omap4" remote="github" revision="stable"/>
    </manifest>

Need help getting started?

For other questions or support, either contact Mighty or ask for help in the XDA discord

Huge thanks to MightyM17 for the port and support.