• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Rom] Aosp Android 4.2 pre Alpha - booting

Search This thread

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
Well, i have compiled android 4.2 from sources, with cyanogen mod 10 device tree.

Working:

- booting
- sound
- most apps (cam is not working because sdcards don't get mounted)

upload finished:

http://rootaxbox.no-ip.org/derteufel/test/

to everyone posting a logcat:
please use pastebin.com for this. otherwise the thread isn't readable at the phone.

Last edited:

DerTeufel1980

Jul 31, 2011
installing:

i recommend doing a wipe before, although, i was able to flash it without wipe (cominig from my hellybean rom)

please make a nandroid before!

this is a good summary:
Wifi worked for me but no network,i noticed the apns-conf.xml was very partial with only some T-mobile stuffs but my attempt to replace it with CM10 one didn't solves nothing (well replaced but still no network).
Hard to manage things once on the pre-Alpha with no access to sdcard so prepare your backpack lol,i had chance i already had a CM10 apns-conf cwm zip on sd.
From recovery only sdext is mounted via usb but it's still a way to push flashable zip/install from ext.On running device Mtp gives no error but mounts nothing.
I came no wipe and my apps was there at first boot but disappeared after a reboot.
Root was a problem too apparently,i didn't had much time and only tried to put busybox in /system/xbin but didn't worked.
I'm saying all this just for those wanting to give it a try to be prepared,make arrangements before and then maybe extend their test ;)

Last edited:

AceofSpades90

Sep 6, 2011
This is great!

Edit: Did CM team fixed the surface flinger incompatibility issue?

EditEdit: if you can get KLP kernel for cappy it be easier to work with...

Last edited:

Headstrike85

Nov 22, 2010
Actually no call, data, 3G, wifi..., but probably soon ;).

Good job DerTeufel1980 !!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

AceofSpades90

Sep 6, 2011
Actually no call, data, 3G, wifi..., but probably soon ;). Good job DerTeufel1980 !!!

WiFi is kernel related so he has to tweak the kernel to work with 4.2.

Call and Data is something all AOSP(my ROM) and Ports(Elite's ROM) is facing with 4.2 build. Im not sure but it seems if the baseband has been editted for 4.2... Bluetooth drivers has been tweaked as well but seem to be working fine with missing files. Another problem is Surface flinger which CM team is working on currently.

My build has some FC and random reboots, think Google needs to revise their source tree. I'll resyn my code and build again.

DerTeufel1980

Jul 31, 2011
WiFi is kernel related so he has to tweak the kernel to work with 4.2.

Call and Data is something all AOSP(my ROM) and Ports(Elite's ROM) is facing with 4.2 build. Im not sure but it seems if the baseband has been editted for 4.2... Bluetooth drivers has been tweaked as well but seem to be working fine with missing files. Another problem is Surface flinger which CM team is working on currently.

My build has some FC and random reboots, think Google needs to revise their source tree. I'll resyn my code and build again.

Totally agree. At this point, this rom is more for letting everyone test android 4.2

Do you have pushed your changes to github? I just did (hope I did not miss something, I am really tired).

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: AceofSpades90

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, i have compiled android 4.2 from sources, with cyanogen mod 10 device tree.

Working:

- booting
    - sound
    - most apps (cam is not working because sdcards don't get mounted)

upload finished:

http://rootaxbox.no-ip.org/derteufel/test/

to everyone posting a logcat:
    please use pastebin.com for this. otherwise the thread isn't readable at the phone.
    installing:

i recommend doing a wipe before, although, i was able to flash it without wipe (cominig from my hellybean rom)

please make a nandroid before!

this is a good summary:
    Wifi worked for me but no network,i noticed the apns-conf.xml was very partial with only some T-mobile stuffs but my attempt to replace it with CM10 one didn't solves nothing (well replaced but still no network).
    Hard to manage things once on the pre-Alpha with no access to sdcard so prepare your backpack lol,i had chance i already had a CM10 apns-conf cwm zip on sd.
    From recovery only sdext is mounted via usb but it's still a way to push flashable zip/install from ext.On running device Mtp gives no error but mounts nothing.
    I came no wipe and my apps was there at first boot but disappeared after a reboot.
    Root was a problem too apparently,i didn't had much time and only tried to put busybox in /system/xbin but didn't worked.
    I'm saying all this just for those wanting to give it a try to be prepared,make arrangements before and then maybe extend their test ;)
    I tried to boot it up using Devil3 1.8.1 for JB ROMs.

Everything went fine, but when the system start im getting an endless error "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped".

Maybe some modules or tweaks in kernels are different. I supose.

=/

:(

Yes, they are...

Since pawitp already got a fully functional 4.2, I won't spent any more time in trying to fix this build.
    Many thanks to everyone for testing and helping.

I'll build some 4.2 kernels for i9000b, etc soon

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
    a little poor quality screenshot images with taken with an old mobile phone camera:

bQt29.jpg

BJ0Dt.jpg

Ztf9n.jpg

QqsaO.jpg

Ra3ma.jpg

EO38b.jpg

Wlj7R.jpg
    For sure Derteufel will catch pawitp but he's really busy guys. He can fix a mount point easily at this level. Both are highest tier developers. Same for stratosk. I don't care which kernel I'm using if it's devil or semaphore. Both are fastest. We are so lucky. My friend has an optimus black with cm10. But he have no kernels and he can't max him phone like us. Even with cm10.

If their work costs money, it's more than half price of this phone.