[ROM-AOSP][BL-1.2]G-Harmony ICS 4.0.4 ODEXed (UPDATED 8/19)

Search This thread

jazzruby

Aug 3, 2010
Thanks for the info, JR. I guess I should go with G-Harmony ICS.

Is there a detailed instruction (like the one for DRH) on the upgrade process? And what's the difference b/w 160 and 120 density?

Thanks
Your welcome,

A system of 250 MB is required and you can use the NVFlash pkg from DRH ICS thread to obtain it, then do full wipes (factory reset) and format system in recovery (mounts & storage) prior to flashing G-Harmony.

Density - 120 would be the norm for most, however, icons; i.e. in app drawer, text, etc.. are very small, 160 'blows up' the UI globally and may be good for weak vision; I find the 160 too much and am using 120.

The diff between the 2 (120 <> 160) ROMs is a build.prop edit, so whichever you download/flash you can experiment with the 'Density' as follows:
Navigate to and open the fie > /system/build.prop
Find and edit the line:
ro.sf.lcd_density=160 < change value to 120 or 160
-JR-

redhonker

May 11, 2008
Sorry that I am not too comfortable doing this type of work -- I can follow instructions though.

Here is the instruction from DRH thread. Looks like I need to download NVFLASH to create 250M system partition. Do you know I can check the current size?

Boot into current version of CWM and "Wipe data/factory reset"
Partition Internal SD Card (2048M/0)
Turn tablet off
Download the following file <--- Seriously don't skip this step unless you are 100% positive that you have a 250M system partition
NVFLASH the file following the instructions that are included for Windows/Linux users
Upon reboot of tablet let T&T fully boot and then shut it down
Reboot into recovery
Flash the Rom/Gapps
Enjoy

Here is the steps I followed to install CM 7. Will this work?

1. Clean your MicroSD card or delete the update.zip in the internal storage from Objective 1 (installing CWM 0.8)
2. Create a folder called ROMs on your internal storage.
3. Copy the gharmony.zip/yourrom.zip to the ROMs folder you just created. (Do NOT unzip the file. CWR uses .zip files. If your file has an update.zip in the original zip file (ie. tnt lite 4.20has an update.zip inside of the gtab_tnt_lite_4.20, rename it to romname.zip or something for easy identification.)
4. Power off your device.
5. Boot into ClockworkMod.
1. Press the power button and the + button at the same time until you see "Detect a recovery key pressed”. Release the buttons and your device will boot into CWR after a few seconds.
6. Backup your device
1. Go to "backup and restore"
2. Highlight "backup" and press the home button. (This will take a few minutes depending on your data)
3. You will now be able to go back to the stock ROM if you mess up the rooting process.
7. Go to "mounts and storage"
8. Highlight "mount/system" and press the home button. It should now say "unmount/system"
9. Do the same for "mount/data". Will say "unmount/data" if done correctly.
10. Press the back arrow to return to the main menu.
11. Flash the ROM
1. Highlight "install zip from sdcard" and press the home button.
2. Highlight "choose zip from sdcard" and press the home button.
3. Highlight "ROMs" and press the home button.
4. Highlight "G_Harmonyv1.2.zip" or "yourrom.zip" and hit the home button.
5. Highlight "Yes - Install yourrom.zip" and hit the home button.
6. Once the process is complete you should see something like "Install zip from sdcard complete" at the bottom of the screen.
7. Press the back arrow until you return to the main menu.
12. Highlight "mounts and storage" and press the home button.
1. Make sure /data and /system both say "unmount". If not, mount them the same way as steps 8 and 9.
2. Press the back arrow to return to the main menu.
13. Highlight "wipe data/factory reset" and press the home button.
14. Highlight "Yes – delete all user data" and press the home button. (You MUST do this for the ROM to run correctly. If you do not, it may cause a boot loop.)
15. Highlight "reboot system now" and press the home button. (Be patient for the first boot up. It can take anywhere from 5 - 15 minutes)

Thanks

Last edited:

jazzruby

Aug 3, 2010
@redhonker

Don't sweat it, NVFlash is not as difficult (scary) as it sounds and is basically an 'easy as 1, 2, 3' kinda process

Open/Run Terminal Emulator and type: df then Enter/Return to see the size of your 'system', 'data', etc...

The NVFlash will do (among other) 3 things: (1) install 1.2.bootloader (2) grow the system partition to 250 MiB (3) install a 'proper' -updated- ClockworkMod recovery.

You can skip the booting fully into Stock TnT and boot straight to recovery and do the wipes and format and then flash G-Harmony.

HTH and have fun!

-JR-

schwinn8

Aug 12, 2010
Somewhere in Connecticut
Just installed this on my Beasty GTab. I had bad luck/performance with DRH ICS, so I was afraid to use it... but I was sorely mistaken. The ROM installed easily and is already running. It was "TOO" easy.

In addition, one of my wife's apps that she wanted wouldn't work on DRH ICS (an earlier Beta, admittedly). The app is for magazines called NextIssue. The good news is that the app appears to be running well, without the graphical issues I saw before. Excellent.

It's a fresh install, and I think a little more tweaking (and settling in) is needed, but this is a great start so far. Thanks for the excellent ROM!

EDIT: Extra comment. The 120dpi version was rather small, but looked good. Unfortunately, the Amazon app store would not render properly at this resolution, so I tried switching to 160dpi via a build.prop edit... but then the tablet wouldn't boot up. Even a cache/dalvik wipe didn't help. So, I reinstalled the 160dpi version over the 120dpi install, and now it's fine and running again...

EDIT 2: I don't need the japanese keyboards in there, I presume I can safely remove them with TiBu?

Last edited:
Reactions: tjohnsonjr

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Just installed this on my Beasty GTab. I had bad luck/performance with DRH ICS, so I was afraid to use it... but I was sorely mistaken. The ROM installed easily and is already running. It was "TOO" easy.

In addition, one of my wife's apps that she wanted wouldn't work on DRH ICS (an earlier Beta, admittedly). The app is for magazines called NextIssue. The good news is that the app appears to be running well, without the graphical issues I saw before. Excellent.

It's a fresh install, and I think a little more tweaking (and settling in) is needed, but this is a great start so far. Thanks for the excellent ROM!

EDIT: Extra comment. The 120dpi version was rather small, but looked good. Unfortunately, the Amazon app store would not render properly at this resolution, so I tried switching to 160dpi via a build.prop edit... but then the tablet wouldn't boot up. Even a cache/dalvik wipe didn't help. So, I reinstalled the 160dpi version over the 120dpi install, and now it's fine and running again...

EDIT 2: I don't need the japanese keyboards in there, I presume I can safely remove them with TiBu?

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. You should be able to remove the Japanese Keyboard. I forget the name of it off the top of my head but you won't have any problems removing it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

schwinn8

Aug 12, 2010
Somewhere in Connecticut
One more question - the postings say Google Now is included in the release, but I don't see it? I also can't seem to "Swipe up" to get it to activate? Is something missing?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it. It's activated by clicking the first "Google" word at the top of the home screen...

Last edited:

s9amme

Mar 25, 2011
Bay Area
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
is it normal to have only 259kb left on the system ROM partition? I can't update my hosts file for ad blocking since there's no more space left. Maybe I just need to delete some system apps I don't use.

I am on a 250MB system partition, by the way.

EDIT: Deleted some system apps that I don't care for, got my system partition up to 11MB free. I was able to update my hosts file now.

I noticed brightness adjustment isn't working

This ROM is very smooth and responsive so far. Much like froyo back in the days. Been trying out a bunch of ROMs over the past week, I think this will be my daily driver. Great job on this! Thanks

Last edited:

schwinn8

Aug 12, 2010
Somewhere in Connecticut
ROM is running relatively well, for the most part. But I'm seeing a huge slowdown right after waking it up. For one thing, it seems to disconnect from wifi even though I have set it to "never" disconnect.

But beyond that, like I said, it's crazy slow after being asleep. Almost as if it's "hibernating" and has a ton of things to do when it wakes up (my windows pcs do this). Is there any way to prevent the disconnect and slow behavior when woken up?

I'm tinkering with v6supercharge settings as well as setcpu settings (raising the min) to see if that helps. And real advice is appreciated.

To the previous poster, I had a similar issue the first time I installed. I used recovery to wipe /system (via advanced menu) and that helped remove some scraps that appear to have been left in there. I'd suggest trying that next time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

kank_fraud

Apr 4, 2010
Shillong
Its a great ROM
Fast UI and overall response, but some applications keeps crashing, like games and all.
I am using this in the Malata Zpad T2.
Will it be possible for you to use the full 1GB RAM available in Zpad T2.
Or if possible for you to teach me how to or direct me where I can get more info about it.
I have searched how to, but I cant find any info, or forum disscussions or anything as such.
If any help, would be greatfull.
The ROM is towards the right direction.
The new JB ROM released by TeamDRH has 199MB of free RAM, which actually help apps to be more stable, but otherwise its still in alpha, kinda slow.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

After flashing your ROM, my touch screen has a problem horizontally.
The touch screen doesn't work at a certain area horizontally

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

None of the glu games are running.
FL Commando crashes after a blue screen(reminds me of Windows)
Some other games doesn't start at all
Crashes after loading
Samurai vs Zombies crashes after few seconds of play
Was running TeamDRH JB 5.3 previously and everything run ok with it.
Browser running ok

ll77

Feb 15, 2012
I was unable to install DRH's 1.3 because I kept getting the birds loop,
so I went with G Harmony 1.5
Since I see that 1.6 is using DRH's 1.3 kernel do you think if I try to go to G Harmony 1.6 that I will start getting the birds loop?

I mean right now it's running, I'd love more stability / features / speed, but.... I dont want to spend a day or 2 trying to upgrade only to fall all the way back...

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
I was unable to install DRH's 1.3 because I kept getting the birds loop,
so I went with G Harmony 1.5
Since I see that 1.6 is using DRH's 1.3 kernel do you think if I try to go to G Harmony 1.6 that I will start getting the birds loop?

I mean right now it's running, I'd love more stability / features / speed, but.... I dont want to spend a day or 2 trying to upgrade only to fall all the way back...

1.6 should install fine. The only way to know is to try.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

NiNJA_ONE

Feb 14, 2011
Let me just say - thank you to the OP for this. ODEXED is indeed the best - i've not even applied supercharge, and its the most stable rom i've seen to date. No slowdowns. i'm on loader 1.2 partitioned @ 350.I love Team DRH but their Roms are not as stable as id like. For now this one will run the show until another stable update from DRH.

This Rom is BOSS. If you are having issues, clear your tab as in the OP and start over, you're doing something wrong. Excellent ROM!

Forgot to mention its RIDICULOUSLY fast! - FYI DO NOT use Go Launcher Tablet on this though, Go Launcher is garbage and will freeze your tab.

Last edited:

hikouka71

Dec 13, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
Xylo,

Love the ROM so far and thanks for all of your precious time putting it together. I've been using paranoid android on my Win6.5 HD2, and thought I knew a thing or two. Read the sticky for the GTab on the main page, and wasted a day with CWM .08, ending up tearing apart my machine and voiding the 30 day refurb warranty ( eh no big loss).

To save others from my school of hard knocks, would it be possible to post the information below taken from jaymaj, or the following link that is more comprehensive, placed above the instructions on how to engage supercharger, so that others might not have to go through the issues I did? It should also help (not eliminate) other newbies from having to litter (already occurring) the thread with "How do I install this thang?"

Also, if it saves everyone time, perhaps it might be worth the upkeep.

Here are the two suggestions, I'm not quite sure of XDA BB etiquette.

Most comprehensive, probably for those starting fresh: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=23418480&postcount=46

Minimalist: Probably best for upgrades, with potential edits.

While I've learned a lot going through this exercise, I would have rather spent the time learning how to help upgrade the ROM.

Your sometimes humble newbie.

ok, have tried twice now flashing, everythings fine except i can't get wifi to connect, it sees my accesspoint, attempts to connect up to 'obtaining ip address' and just sits there, everything is correct and it wont connect, nor will it connect to my galaxy in hotspot mode... followed these directions the second time after multiple wipes just to be sure

i was coming from flashback HC rom, any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated
the tab runs much better now (including way faster boot up) but not getting into wifi is obviously an issue

also on first boot, it doesn't go into the initial setup it has a pop up asking me to select which thing to run, and as just once or always, it has some android.com item, and google startup i believe it said. did that on both flashes

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is AOSP Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 built from source.

This ROM is pure AOSP not CM or AOKP based. The ROM was built with the user tag so the framework and most of the system apks are ODEXed. The purpose of this ROM is give as close of a OEM feel as possible.

Advantages of an ODEXED
    The odexing bring some advantages, less ram usage, faster boot times and reduced Space occupied in /data/dalvik-cache , so MORE spare for Apps and Data

Thanks to Team DRH(credit goes to these guys, without their hard work this ROM would not be possible) Preludedrew, Gojimi, Kornyone, The Cyanogenmod team, Leonnib4, roebeet, pershoot, and all the devs out there.

*YOU MUST DO A COMPLETE WIPE BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. If you get stuck on the "android" screen, in Clockwork, go to mounts and storage>format system and format data. Then wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. Then reflash the Rom. YOU CAN NOT FLASH THIS OVER ANY OTHER ROM.

SAME AS TEAM DRH ROM..DO NOT LET YOUR TABLET SLEEP WITH THE USB PLUGGED IN TO YOUR COMPUTER.

This ROM is now V6 SuperCharged!!! The services.odex has already been modified and the all the needed files are included. Credit to Zeppelinrox. Go to his thread for more info: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276

To start the V6 SuperCharger:

1. Download and install a Terminal app
    2. Type: su and then click "ALLOW" on the SuperUser pop up
    3. Type: cd system/xbin
    4. Type: sh V6SuperCharger.sh
    5. Follow the prompts

**If you any audio issues, turn off GPS and then reboot the tablet

G-HARMONY ICS v1.6.2 V6 Supercharged(160 density)

G-HARMONY ICS v1.6.2 V6 Supercharged(120 density)

G-HARMONY ICS v1.5 V6 Supercharged
    G-HARMONY ICS v1.5 V6 Supercharged(120 density)

device-2012-05-16-213038.png

device-2012-05-16-212752.png

UPDATED(8/19)
    *Added SuperUser
    *Added Google Now

UPDATD(8/6)

*Updated to latest ICS 4.0.4 release from AOSP(4.0.4_r2.1)
    *Changed dalvik settings
    *Updated kernel to TeamDRH 1.3
    *Disabled the Google Setup at first boot
    *System is faster and more stable
    *Updated to lastest V6 supercharger services.jar/odex customizations
    *Added Jellybean screen animations

UPDATE(6/4)
    *Added V6 SuperCharger

UPDATE(5/29)
    *Different tweaks for better perfomance
    *All apks were optimized and Zipalighed
    *Dalvik settings were adjust for optimal perfomance
    *Downloads in the Browser no longer fails

UPDATE(5/16)

*ODEXed system
    *The ROM is now properly rooted
    *Removed the File Manager. It didn't work
    *Added a 120 LCD Density version

*AOSP ICS 4.0.4
    *Stock Launcher
    *Team DRH kernel(from beta 1.3). So HW acceleration works
    *GAPPS are included
    *build.prop tweaks for better performance
    *2 LCD density versions 120 and 160
    *Jellybean Screen Animations
    *All apks are ZipAligned at boot
    *Home,Menu, and Back soft keys are slightly theme to match the Asus TF Prime
    *Asus TF Prime Weather widget
    *Asus TF Prime Live Wallpapers
    *TNT TS Calibration(built with source, same as in the Gingerbread version)
    What does not work:
    *Camera
    *Microphone
    I've been running the 1.5 release successfully for some time, no problems. The 1.6, however, I can't install - after I flash it, I hang at the birds every time. I can flash everything else, no problem, just that one seems to make me hang.
    Try this:

1. Download both the 1.5 and 1.6 versions of G-Harmony ICS.
    2. Unpack both into separate dirs.
    3. Copy the boot.img file from 1.5 into 1.6.
    4. Zip up the 1.6 directory (now containing the old boot.img) to create a new update.zip file.
    5. Flash the update.zip as usual after doing a "wipe data/factory reset".

Are you on cwm 5.5.0.4 beta 15?
    CWM version is not relevant here.

Have you verified the checksum of the rom download?
    Also not very useful. If the zip file is corrupt, the ROM install usually won't start at all.

Did you format system and boot after factory reset but before flashing the new rom?
    Not required. Any new ROM install will do that.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

I tried both quick boot and notification toggles. Both have a recovery option, but neither works. Tablet simply reboots. No recovery.
    Anyone else try?
    On ICS, reboot to recovery from the ROM might not work with 3rd party apps. See this post for why not.

And, even if it did, rebooting like that might get you stuck in a always-boots-into-recovery loop.

If you want to get into recovery, or the bootloader, on the gTablet, use the HW keys.
    v1.6 is finally up.
    Any luck with the issues the others have reported tj ?
    Thanks for your hard work on this ...

Yeah. Ive been busy with work lately. I will update soon.
    Just got it loaded up and running using DRH touch recovery Beta 15 without any issues. Process taken was booted into Recovery went to mounts and format cache, mount Data then Format Data, mount System then format System, went into Advance Cleared Dalvic Cache, and just to make sure since I don't have anything important on the internal SD I partitioned internal SD 2048/0. Then installed rom and went through the first initial setup. The only issue I am having is getting Superuser to work. Su binary vnull is what shows up in settings and no binary is showing. Tryed work around through CWM as suggested at the Androidsu.com/Superuser and CWM wouldn't load. Going to try adding the necessarily files on computer and see if it will work. Must have SU can't stand Density settings at 160 sorry.

I'll look into the superuser issue tonight. 120 is too small for me but I will upload a 120 version tonight.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone