• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]AOSP-CAF[CONDOR][STABLE]

Search This thread

rohitshakti

Oct 25, 2012
Its very stable for me too. Using TWRP App v9, but had trouble installing 3.0.2, then went with 2.7.1 and installed without any issue and then OpenGapp-Micro. I had to reinstall TWRP and Chrome through PlayStore afterward. Last I added Busybox and Advance Power Menu [Root].

For the last 7-10 days I am using this ROM, but my phone hangs 3-4 times in a day. I have to wait for nearly 3-4 minutes to get it stable before I am able to reuse it.

This is just for information.

Bikerholic

Jun 3, 2014
Brooklyn
For the last 7-10 days I am using this ROM, but my phone hangs 3-4 times in a day. I have to wait for nearly 3-4 minutes to get it stable before I am able to reuse it.

This is just for information.

>I have to wait for nearly 3-4 minutes

Long rebooting duration - Rebooting this first Gen Moto E Condor (AndroidOne) low spec phone does have its drawback and limitation. It is very typical for my Moto E to take it's time to perform a normal full reboot, but I haven't timed it.

I used LiveBoot (Chainfire) and even though the scrolling is fast, I do recognize if it is booting out of the norm, expected series of log files. To minimize booting time, have you consider reducing your boot load to a bare minimum. And observe its booting sequence, time/duration as you add one app at a time.

> my phone hangs 3-4 times in a day

The phone might be preoccupied with other background services. This might be a direct side effect of the phone having low computation capacity and bare minimum memory space and therefore slow memory allocation/management. Resulting with less than stella performance.

Q: When you are experiencing this "hanging" problem. Does it eventually get out of "hang" state if you give it a bit more minutes and without any additional inputs or reboot?

If hanging problem persist - #1 Perform a full app/data backup. #2 Group all none essential and removable apps into three group. Group (A) Highest priority. (B) Medium priority and (C) Low priority. #3 Remove one group at a time, then spend a day or two testing and using the phone with each group configuration (e.g. A+B, B+C, Only C, etc). Observe each load on how it is impacting the normal operation of the phone. Observes it's behavior in an attempts to pinpoint and identify the exact application(s) that is contributing to your hanging issue.

If it was my phone, (without saying, perform a full backup) I'll remove all removable none essential applications. Then I will wipe the phone from within Recovery (e.g. TWRP). First I will reinstall SuperSU app. Then over the week, I will install one group of apps at a time, to observes its behavior.

Personally, this is my "go out jogging" phone; being small, light, FM, A-GPS, accelerometer, camera and cheap looking doesn't draw attention. The battery performance even out perform my other HTC M7. I have very minimal application installed. CatLog, LiveBoot, Advance Power Menu and GappMicro and latest updates.

P.S: Stay away from Facebook apps on Moto E, it is a very taxing application even if it isn't running.
Hope this help.

Reactions: vkmcondor

rohitshakti

Oct 25, 2012
>
> my phone hangs 3-4 times in a day

The phone might be preoccupied with other background services. This might be a direct side effect of the phone having low computation capacity and bare minimum memory space and therefore slow memory allocation/management. Resulting with less than stella performance.

Q: When you are experiencing this "hanging" problem. Does it eventually get out of "hang" state if you give it a bit more minutes and without any additional inputs or reboot?

If hanging problem persist - #1 Perform a full app/data backup. #2 Group all none essential and removable apps into three group. Group (A) Highest priority. (B) Medium priority and (C) Low priority. #3 Remove one group at a time, then spend a day or two testing and using the phone with each group configuration (e.g. A+B, B+C, Only C, etc). Observe each load on how it is impacting the normal operation of the phone. Observes it's behavior in an attempts to pinpoint and identify the exact application(s) that is contributing to your hanging issue.

If it was my phone, (without saying, perform a full backup) I'll remove all removable none essential applications. Then I will wipe the phone from within Recovery (e.g. TWRP). First I will reinstall SuperSU app. Then over the week, I will install one group of apps at a time, to observes its behavior.

Personally, this is my "go out jogging" phone; being small, light, FM, A-GPS, accelerometer, camera and cheap looking doesn't draw attention. The battery performance even out perform my other HTC M7. I have very minimal application installed. CatLog, LiveBoot, Advance Power Menu and GappMicro and latest updates.

P.S: Stay away from Facebook apps on Moto E, it is a very taxing application even if it isn't running.
Hope this help.

Thanks for the reply. I was also trying to find out why the phone hangs. What I have found is that the phone does not hang on Stock ROM but hangs on CM13, AOSP ROM and slim ROM i.e. on MM even if the apks are bare minimum. Earlier I was running many games including many apks on stock ROM and when I shifted from stock to MM, it started hanging. To reduce hanging problem I checked all the above ROMs but hanging did not stopped.

I have also reduced the number of apks installed on my phone. Currently I am using FB lite apk, whatsapp, ES explorer, email, apks2sd, busybox, kernel auditor, maps, mxplayer, opera, paytm, twitter, ACR phone & sound recorder & xender along with gapps nano pack.

Bikerholic

Jun 3, 2014
Brooklyn
Thanks for the reply. I was also trying to find out why the phone hangs. What I have found is that the phone does not hang on Stock ROM but hangs on CM13, AOSP ROM and slim ROM i.e. on MM even if the apks are bare minimum. Earlier I was running many games including many apks on stock ROM and when I shifted from stock to MM, it started hanging. To reduce hanging problem I checked all the above ROMs but hanging did not stopped.

I have also reduced the number of apks installed on my phone. Currently I am using FB lite apk, whatsapp, ES explorer, email, apks2sd, busybox, kernel auditor, maps, mxplayer, opera, paytm, twitter, ACR phone & sound recorder & xender along with gapps nano pack.

The hanging is most likely due to having only a single GB of RAM with only four GB of internal storage. Check the Memory/Storage Management after a fresh bootup. See if it is peaking at 1GB of RAM and/or near 4GB storage. If it is and the MOTO E is running Marshmallow (v6.x) with it's Adoptable Storage, you can consider giving this Motorola Support page a look. tl:dr - Running Marshmallow; give SDXC and >UH1 a try.

Keep in mind, the Moto E (1st Gen) can only do so much with a single GB of RAM. And "hanging" might just be the system attempting to manages it's memory allocation. Adoptable Storage (v6.x), integrating SD card as part of system storage. Can alleviate "some" bottleneck (when app dev approved), to be specific, when swapping data between temporary memory (RAM) and permeant memory (MicroSD). But a dual-core 1 . 2 GHz Snapdragon 200 A7-32bit CPU is still a dual-core 1 . 2 GHz. The main advantage to running this CPU is it's power usage is minimal compare with a more modern CPU. Along with A-GPS (without dedicated GPS chip) both can extend the battery performance quite dramatically. Aka, a blessing in disguise.

Also you mentioned it was running fine with stock ROM (v4.4.x to v5.1.x) and not CM13 (v6.x). When running with a higher version of android, there will be additional load on the system as a whole. Since there are more features (internal), more background services, hence more load on the system. Therefore less available system resource to run other apps.

The Moto E (1st Gen) with it's low and limited specs, our options are very limited. You can consider reverting back to an earlier version of Android (v4.4.2 to v5.1) of which the manufacture (Motorola) had giving a blessing to. Blessing given only after they have tested the phone running within this new (v5.1) environment without too much significant impact to it's performance. But to run the latest Android (> v5.1) on this two year old, low spec phone. There will be a cost associate with user experience. A tax we all must pay:rolleyes:.

If you have the financial resource. There are a plethora of sub $100 dollar phones on the market capable of doing a bit more. Here is a list from Newegg, all running native v6.x.

Hope this help. :)

Last edited:

Bikerholic

Jun 3, 2014
Brooklyn
I've a rooted, BL unlocked Moto E running stock KitKat. So can I flash this ROM directly (with all wipes) on KitKat without updating to Lollipop?

That's what I did. But I had issue TWRP 3.0.2. I had first flashed TWRP 3.0.2 from terminal.
Code:
 $ ./fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-condor.img

After a wipe and reboot into boot-loader menu. I was unable to access recovery mode from within boot menu. All I've gotten was a blank screen after selecting recovery from within boot menu. Even this (below) did not work.
Code:
 $ ./adb reboot recovery
After a bit of google foo; I founded this little gem, booting into recovery without flash.
Code:
 $ ./fastboot boot twrp-2.7.1.0-condor.img
it booted into recovery TWRP 2.7.1. (I had reverted back to an earlier version). Then I was able to install everything (CM13, Gapp Micro, SuperSU) all at once. Rebooted into system (now running v6.x), re-install TWRP and Chrome from app store. I am now able to access TWRP v9, I then install v2.7.1 from within TWRP app. I am now able to access recovery from both command line and button press. And after everything was done and installed. I was able to update to TWRP 3.0.2 from within TWRP v9 apps. . Everything been fine since.

Hope this help. :)

Reactions: AsquareX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android-6-0-marshmallow-hero-w782.jpg

Hi All,

I've been working on a AOSP-CAF version for Condor. This is started from kernel and device tree by CyanogenMod so thanks a lot to them for the bringup. I've just modified it to work with AOSP. This is pure AOSP and no more features will be added, so kindly Don't request it.

Code:
    #include  
    /* 
    * Your warranty is now void. 
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, 
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please 
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM 
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if 
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    */

Working
    • WiFi
    • RIL
    • Display
    • Auto Rotation
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • Adopt SD
    • Portable hotspot
    • Offline Charging

Additional Features
    • Volume wake
    • Double tap statusbar to sleep
    • Layers 4.0

Broken
    • Nil

Sources
    AOSP-CAF
    Device Tree
    Msm8610-Common Tree
    Kernel

https://github.com/shubhmg/android_d...otorola_condor
    https://github.com/shubhmg/android_d...msm8610-common
    https://github.com/shubhmg/local_manifests

Download
    Grab it herehttps://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24533103863142172
    Recommended gapps: OpenGapps

How to install ?
    1. Place ROM,Gapps and SuperSU in your SD Card/Internal Memory
    2. Reboot into recovery mode.
    3. Wipe cache/dalvikcache/system/data.
    4. Flash ROM/SuperSU/Gapps
    5. Reboot
    Special thanks to my brother @zeeshanhussain12 for all the help.

Credits:
    - CodeAurora Forums
    - CyanogenMod Team
    - @ashwin007
    - @zeeshanhussain12

Note - Motoboot logo shows for an abnormal time, it'll boot.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM]AOSP-CAF[CONDOR], ROM for the Moto E

Contributors
    shankky
    Source Code: http://github.com/AOSP-CAF

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-01-08
    Last Updated 2016-07-22
    Time for an update

Stablest build for AOSP-CAF [Condor] is up

Changelog :-
    • Fixed auto rotation
    • Fixed mobile network fc
    • Fixed wifi sleep on lockscreen
    • Fixed abnormal lockscreen clock text
    • Added volume wake
    • Updated source
    • Updated device tree
    • Updated kernel

Download

Overall pretty smooth build. No major bugs except camera in landscape doesnt work but there is a workaround in the general forum.

Few credits here:-
    @Men_in_black007 for a great help always.
    @Adarsh1998 for help in porting volume wake.
    @vinay001 for bug reports and testing.

Happy flashing !

Thanks
    Shankky ;)
    New Build

Hello Guys, New build for AOSP-CAF is up.
    First of all please do not ever download builds from my afh which i dont publish on xda, they are experimental builds and after thorough testing i post them here, so in the meanwhile all those who downloaded 413 build please update to this one [I agree its my fault too, should keep test build hidden, i'll keep in mind]

Download link :- Here
    Changelog:-
    Not a huge changelog but a lot is going though device and source side and i keep myself updated. I'll just be mentioning what actually makes a difference for you as a user.
    • Updated SuperSU to v2.71 [Latest]
    • Statusbar Freeze fixed
    • Integrated SuperSU tab in Settings
    • Added CMBrowser
    • Hidden Button tab from Settings [We dont have hardware keys]
    • Removed separate Portable hotspot icon from Launcher
    • Fixed recents icon being shown even if no recent activity actually present

Currently present features:-
    • Volume wake
    • Double tap statusbar to sleep
    • Layers
    Thats all for this update. Have a stable experience.
    New Build

New Build Forks
    Download
    Changelog:-
    • AOSP-CAF rebased to CAF tag "LA.HB.1.3.1".
    • Added double tap status bar to sleep.
    • Stock charge_only_mode binary (Just for a nice visual look)
    • Integrated SuperSU v2.65
    • Brought back all apps except browser. ( Source built browser isnt nice, find an alternative )

Also you can now install it like any other rom.
    Simply go to recovery, do the wipes and flash. You won't get any error :)
    Update

Hey Guys, I see the downloads of this rom are quite high, thanks for the support.
    New build is up and running well.
    You can download it from here :- Download

Changelog :-
    • Fixed Offline charging (thanks @squid2)
    • Layers 4.0
    • Enforcing SELinux
    • Debloated
    Everything is working now.

Also to clarify i recommend using the 'pico' version of opengapps [ I use them and can assure their proper functionality with this rom]

OP updated with the new working stuff and simple installation instructions
    And yeah i just got my username changed [ shankky = shubhmg :p ]

Thanks !
    Shubhmg ;)

PS:Initial bootlogo shows for an abnormal time.