Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Somcom3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads
Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Changelog

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

[/CENTER]

XDA:DevDB Information
Kitkat CarbonRom for Moto G 4g, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
Somcom3X, CarbonDev
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader with recovery
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-08-14
Last Updated 2014-10-30

Last edited:

Somcom3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Reserved

I'm your maintainer and I want to say a HUGE thank-you to @shabbypenguin couldn't have done it as good without you!
I mean seriously, thank you for all of your time getting the groundwork done! I've never met a person so willing to get a device he didn't own booting a custom rom.

Thanks to dhacker too, laying the groundwork for the motorola project.

Can't forget Nupich in there too.
Big thanks to intervigil as well, textending support to the peregrine as well.

Last edited:

Triggeh

Jan 13, 2014
Been getting a lot of freezes on this and the recent cm build. Mainly when trying to do something while listening to music.

For instance i had the notification overlay thing enabled and it came up with the new track that started playing. Pulled down the quick settings and pressed the button to switch to notifications and it freezes every time. The device sometimes fixes itself but usually have to reboot to be able to use the phone again.

The isuee seems to be the same on both roms. I did a clean install of both.

Edit: still getting freezes but it seems like some of them were related to shuttle+ 1.4.1. Updating to 1.4.2 fixed some of the freezes.

I have been playing around with a lot of the settings and everything seems to work so far including wifi tethering.

Last edited:

Polloos

Sep 19, 2013
Barcelona
I'm installed the new build (15/8) from Carbon ROM web and works very fine! I don't see the option for disable/enable the LED, where is?
Don't have major bugs only this:

-Network mode toggle doesn't show 4g option, only 2g and 3g
-Sometimes UI crash installing apps (only 2 times)
-DSP Manager don't work and show FC

The rest works fine :D

Reactions: Triggeh

Triggeh

Jan 13, 2014
I'm installed the new build (15/8) from Carbon ROM web and works very fine! I don't see the option for disable/enable the LED, where is?
Don't have major bugs only this:

-Network mode toggle doesn't show 4g option, only 2g and 3g
-Sometimes UI crash installing apps (only 2 times)
-DSP Manager don't work and show FC

The rest works fine :D

Yeah I had the same issue with DSP manager, I just disabled it and replaced it with viper4android and forgot to mention that. Also seeing the same toggle.

Playing any video file in mx player crashes my device tried disabling hw/hw+ decoders still get same result - blank screen that is completely unresponsive will report back might just be my install.
Edit: Tried new install same issue even tried beta version it seems like this is related to the rom and not the app.
Edit 2: Went back to stock 4.4.3 mx player working fine, went to new 8/15 cm after wiping same issue with mx player as with carbon 8/14

Unsure if this is just an issue with the launcher but after disabling the search bar in launcher 3 when you drag an app from the draw there is usually app info or uninstall options for easy access. This feauture is gone after disabling google search bar.

Last edited:

bennythedip

Mar 10, 2012
lockscreen notification

I have the hover notification setting enabled but I'm getting double notifications on lockscreen, anyone know how to disable the standard lockscreen notification?

Polloos

Sep 19, 2013
Barcelona
GPS don't work :S

6e55340ef5e9d8a57a20c9a08d384e92.jpg

bennythedip

Mar 10, 2012
Its the second icon from the top right on the second screenshot, the first screenshot is how it looks on lockscreen when notifications come through, its being displayed twice when id much prefer just the top one, maybe its something silly I just can't find an option to disable anywhere.

Sent from my peregrine using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1408282875762.jpg
    1408282875762.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 443
  • 1408282955598.jpg
    1408282955598.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 438

bennythedip

Mar 10, 2012
Lockscreen notifications

I like how the notifications appear at the top of the screen so I would like to use it, its the default sliding notification alerts that appear on the lockscreen that I wanted to disable as I don't need them.

Last edited:

bennythedip

Mar 10, 2012
Thanks :). no idea how I missed this section lol...it was carbon settings-lockscreen- notifications - turn off pending lockscreen notifications

smorks

Aug 15, 2011
Winnipeg
Wifi not working on some routers

I'm currently trying out the CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140818-0215-peregrine build on my XT1040 on Rogers. Almost everything works great, except i've been noticing some issues with Wifi that i've never had before.

Basically, it connects fine to my home network, but at work and on a friends wifi network it just sits on "Obtaining IP Address". My logcat is here if that helps.

Other than that, great job on the ROM! Thanks for all your hard work!

Polloos

Sep 19, 2013
Barcelona
I found a "important" bug:

If you set 300Mhz of minim freq. when you lock and unlock again the minim freq. is 1190Mhz

For fix it set in Trickster MOD the freq. and enable "Block freq."

d55854997651fbc2deab02361b8a09b8.jpg

Please @Somcom3X and @shabbypenguin fix this bug, is present on CarbonROM and PA (CM not tested but its possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads
    Changelog

Carbon Changelog

Support

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Changelog

Carbon Changelog

Support

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

[/CENTER]

XDA:DevDB Information
    Kitkat CarbonRom for Moto G 4g, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    Somcom3X, CarbonDev
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader with recovery
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-08-14
    Last Updated 2014-10-30
    Reserved

I'm your maintainer and I want to say a HUGE thank-you to @shabbypenguin couldn't have done it as good without you!
    I mean seriously, thank you for all of your time getting the groundwork done! I've never met a person so willing to get a device he didn't own booting a custom rom.

Thanks to dhacker too, laying the groundwork for the motorola project.

Can't forget Nupich in there too.
    Big thanks to intervigil as well, textending support to the peregrine as well.

My thoughts on this thread.​
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655046498

Wifi fix included (hopefully). I need this urgently tested from people and the wifi problem.

Think of it this way, as soon as you test it and report back, the sooner it gets merged into cm and carbon.
    Alrighty people with WiFi issues, using a static IP fixes it.
    I've narrowed it down to a few factors.
    Low ram bug is next, it's essentially the last major one.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone