• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][AOSP][F8131/F8132][PIE][9.0.0] TheExplorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

KRID07

Nov 3, 2018
flashing using img for updating Sony Xperia x performance F8131 version of android pie 9.0 is very difficult often fails especially installing twrp must be root ... better with FTF files, please send FTF files android pie 9.0 for Sony Xperia x performance F8131 to make it easier to flash use flashtool?

NielDK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 13, 2008
Farum

Viladecans121

Feb 1, 2015
Last edited:

hn40cn

Feb 18, 2016
Tokyo
flashing using img for updating Sony Xperia x performance F8131 version of android pie 9.0 is very difficult often fails especially installing twrp must be root ... better with FTF files, please send FTF files android pie 9.0 for Sony Xperia x performance F8131 to make it easier to flash use flashtool?

Hello, @KRID07.
Let's be constructive here: could you try posting the screenshots (maybe using https://imgur.com) or logs (using https://pastebin.com or https://paste.omnirom.org/) of the errors you get when trying to flash .img-files via fastboot?
So that I could help you out and together sort out the flashing issues. ;)
Using fastboot is a de-facto standard when it comes to ROM development and usage - it's simple and effective. FTF is a tricky one, so doubt anybody going to provide any of those kind at all.

Thank you for your cooperation,
With kind regards.

KRID07

Nov 3, 2018
using cmd flash always fails with data like this "sending" recovery "(27016 KB) ...) OKAY writing recovery ... FAILED (remote: flashing is not allowed in lock state) finished, and using flashtool fastboot mode is the same especially I want to install twrp or not. And try to root using the PC application Kingroot, iroot, Magisk, it always fails. It also opens OEM root information is not yes but unknown and I restore it again if I use easy FTF files with Flashtool, ask for a solution for Sony type Xperia x performance F8131 and how to order the Android pie 9.0 update ,,,,

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Hello, @KRID07.
Let's be constructive here: could you try posting the screenshots (maybe using https://imgur.com) or logs (using https://pastebin.com or https://paste.omnirom.org/) of the errors you get when trying to flash .img-files via fastboot?
So that I could help you out and together sort out the flashing issues. ;)
Using fastboot is a de-facto standard when it comes to ROM development and usage - it's simple and effective. FTF is a tricky one, so doubt anybody going to provide any of those kind at all.

Thank you for your cooperation,
With kind regards.

using cmd flash always fails with data like this "sending" recovery "(27016 KB) ...) OKAY writing recovery ... FAILED (remote: flashing is not allowed in lock state) finished, and using flashtool fastboot mode is the same especially I want to install twrp or not. And try to root using the PC application Kingroot, iroot, Magisk, it always fails. It also opens OEM root information is not yes but unknown and I restore it again if I use easy FTF files with Flashtool, ask for a solution for Sony type Xperia x performance F8131 and how to order the Android pie 9.0 update ,,,,

hn40cn

Feb 18, 2016
Tokyo

I see, thank you for your prompt reply.
Let's nail it down step by step:
  1. Go here (https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader), scroll down to the bottom, choose 'X Performance' and follow every step of the instruction to unlock your bootloader
  2. Ensure that your build number is 41.3.A.2.149. Otherwise use a FlashTool and this website (http://xperiablog.net/forum/resources/categories/xperia-x-performance.101/) to install the latest firmware. That way your bootloader is up-to-date.
  3. When using FlashTool, try switching to 'flashmode' (power off you device, then holding Volume Down button plug in USB cable until you see a green LED)

Don't panic, and once again please ensure that OEM Unlocking is ON in the Developer Options; on top of that, dial *#*#7378423#*#*, go to Service info > Configuration and ensure that Rooting Status is Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes

KRID07

Nov 3, 2018
still can't, by checking * # * # 7378423 # * # * the Rooting status bootloader unlock allowed is not yes but unknown

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

I see, thank you for your prompt reply.
Let's nail it down step by step:
Go here (https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader), scroll down to the bottom, choose 'X Performance' and follow every step of the instruction to unlock your bootloader
Ensure that your build number is 41.3.A.2.149. Otherwise use a FlashTool and this website (http://xperiablog.net/forum/resources/categories/xperia-x-performance.101/) to install the latest firmware. That way your bootloader is up-to-date.
When using FlashTool, try switching to 'flashmode' (power off you device, then holding Volume Down button plug in USB cable until you see a green LED)

Don't panic, and once again please ensure that OEM Unlocking is ON in the Developer Options; on top of that, dial *#*#7378423#*#*, go to Service info > Configuration and ensure that Rooting Status is Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes

Even though Rooting the unlocked bootloader status is not yes but unknown, it still can't flash, it's still Failed

dic1911

Feb 22, 2014
dic1911.github.io
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Me again: p
I'm here to deliver the Jan. 2019 security patched build, grab it with the usual link!
[url]https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=286659[/URL]

also, somehow you'll need to flash latest alpha vendor image with this build
grab it here, you'll also get that internal error popup stuff, but I haven't discover any issues (despite the already known ones), if in doubt, please stay in previous build!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190121-232857.jpg
    Screenshot_20190121-232857.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: spamam1 and KRID07

Viladecans121

Feb 1, 2015
Me again: p
I'm here to deliver the Jan. 2019 security patched build, grab it with the usual link!
[url]https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=286659[/URL]

also, somehow you'll need to flash latest alpha vendor image with this build
grab it here, you'll also get that internal error popup stuff, but I haven't discover any issues (despite the already known ones), if in doubt, please stay in previous build!

Thanks a lot for the build. I have a F8131. I don't know what's going on, but with your release, the camera app doesn't work on my phone either :( (it works fine with other roms).

I have tested your version (no camera), Niel builds (no camera in the last one either). One from the SonyAOSP Team (no sound during calls) and some AOSP versions of Android 8.1 (random reboots after a lot of com.android.phone has stopped working popups).

:crying::crying::crying::crying:

haakeik

Jan 22, 2019
I just installed stock Android 9 on my F8131. I used ROM from Sony AOSPTeam: h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/_androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=185062
I used these SW binaries: h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/_developer.sony.com/file/download/software-binaries-for-aosp-pie-android-9-0-kernel-4-9-tone/
I have a working phone: Camera works, Cellular works, so do WIFI, Bluetooth and fingerprints. No need for installing GAPPS.

Last edited:

Viladecans121

Feb 1, 2015
I just installed stock Android 9 on my F8131. I used ROM from Sony AOSPTeam: h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/_androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=185062
I used these SW binaries: h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/_developer.sony.com/file/download/software-binaries-for-aosp-pie-android-9-0-kernel-4-9-tone/
I have a working phone: Camera works, Cellular works, so do WIFI, Bluetooth and fingerprints. No need for installing GAPPS.

And do you have audio during phone calls? I can't hear the person on the other side (and he can't hear me neither) :confused:

dic1911

Feb 22, 2014
dic1911.github.io
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Thanks a lot for the build. I have a F8131. I don't know what's going on, but with your release, the camera app doesn't work on my phone either :( (it works fine with other roms).

I have tested your version (no camera), Niel builds (no camera in the last one either). One from the SonyAOSP Team (no sound during calls) and some AOSP versions of Android 8.1 (random reboots after a lot of com.android.phone has stopped working popups).

:crying::crying::crying::crying:

First of all, my builds are for F8132, you really shouldn't have flashed my build, but anyway, did you flashed the latest vendor image? (as I mentioned in my previous post)

Viladecans121

Feb 1, 2015
First of all, my builds are for F8132, you really shouldn't have flashed my build, but anyway, did you flashed the latest vendor image? (as I mentioned in my previous post)

Yes, I did. Any of the images in this thread has worked fine in my device (I'm not a newbie onto flashing).

The main problems are 3: in the latest version from NielDK the camera doesn't work and in previous versions (including one from SonyAOSP Group) I have no sound during calls (no mic and no speakers).

In 8.1 releases I got a com.android.phone has stopped working endless popup loop.

I'll try the versions with the camera fail looking for a fix because during the testings I don't have to bother anyone else.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Greats from Barcelona

Last edited:

haakeik

Jan 22, 2019
And do you have audio during phone calls? I can't hear the person on the other side (and he can't hear me neither) :confused:

Damn, you're right. No audio during phone calls. It must be a problem with the phone app, because the mic and both speakers are working.
I tested the speakers with Spotify, and the mic with a dictation app. No problem with the mic or speakers.

hasbyduryea

Jan 28, 2012
Jakarta
I was looking for an aosp rom that working flawlessly for daily driver. Please let me know if you have some advice. OP has no problem with his phone, but a couple of ppl here said they indeed have some problems.

KRID07

Nov 3, 2018
I waited from XDA for the .ftf Rom file Android Pie 9.0 for Sony Xperia x performance F8131, before I flashed it by being guided by XDA failed to keep trying UBL OEM unlock always failed even rooted many failed my cellphone was difficult to do that which could only flashtool tool using firmware ftf, and when does XDA update sony xperia ftf x performance files F8131???

StrangeTurtle

Apr 8, 2018
Sony Xperia XZ3
I waited from XDA for the .ftf Rom file Android Pie 9.0 for Sony Xperia x performance F8131, before I flashed it by being guided by XDA failed to keep trying UBL OEM unlock always failed even rooted many failed my cellphone was difficult to do that which could only flashtool tool using firmware ftf, and when does XDA update sony xperia ftf x performance files F8131???

There is no ftf file for aosp build, stop asking some **** does not exist. If you want to use Android pie, just buy a new phone or unlock your xp.

dic1911

Feb 22, 2014
dic1911.github.io
Google Pixel 4a 5G
is the f8132 build still updated in the 1st page?

Yes, the link is still the same, I always have my builds in the same folder, just make sure you're downloading the one with latest date in file name

There is no ftf file for aosp build, stop asking some **** does not exist. If you want to use Android pie, just buy a new phone or unlock your xp.

@StrangeTurtle I feel you, but you see that's just another noob, pop up out of nowhere, if that noob isn't willing to learn, he deserves nothing from any of us, and we could just laugh at his ignorance then walk away

Last of all, as I did tried to communicate with you but you didn't listen, and I'm gonna give you the last tip, you and your F8131 are out of hope, if you can't unlock your phone, you certainly can't flash ROMs built by us, so quit being a noob and stop posting meaningless spam

Reactions: KRID07
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts