[ROM-AOSP GRH78C] Oxygen v2.0-RC7 (Gingerbread, clean, fast and 100% open-sourced!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouglouck

Aug 1, 2010
Khazad-dûm
Hello

I've a problem with this rom,
The keyboard is always in english
I go to parameters for keyboard, i select french and french for the dictionary but the suggestions are always in english !
Why ?
(I have oxygen 1.0.2 classic)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
Have a look at this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9723270&postcount=3987.

By the way I suppose the keyboard is not in english (as it must be azerty, not qwerty) but the spell checking is in english, so you need another dictionary to do spell check in french.

Last edited:

ouglouck

Aug 1, 2010
Khazad-dûm
A couple of quick questions:

1.0.2 is meant to come with the GB lock screen. I can't see any difference, can someone explain this? I thought the GB lockscreen had 4 tabs instead of 2?

The new version of the market has been leaked and I couldnt get it to work... has anyone been able to get the updated market app to work?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/1...id-market-apk-ripped-posted-for-all-to-enjoy/

Thanks
Adam wrote that the Market app will be updated in the next release... which should arrive soon !

[EDIT] I downloaded the new Market app from the link your provided (thanks for that) and can now use the new Android Market application: looks cool, but will have to use it for a while before to state it's a good modification. At least for now, the look and the ergonomics looks really fine.

So far, I love the new application, much easier to have almost all information in ine page instead of several tabs. And seems to be quicker to get the informations. A great improvement by Google. And the colors look nice with the Gingerbread theme... Keeping it !

To save time to others (and redirections) the link for the app is that one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9741682&postcount=56

Last edited:

bernabap

Jul 25, 2009
First lets post a link from XDA-dev about the new market: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=868767

Adam wrote that the Market app will be updated in the next release... which should arrive soon !
I'm not very confident about it! As if you go to OP git you will see that he is working on the new build right now and 7 hours ago he made an update to new market but 5 hours ago he revert back the update. So I presume that he got trouble too on updating. Lets hope I am wrong and he can fix the issue today.

What I am saying is just a PRESUMPTION from me!

l0nEr

Feb 26, 2009
I couldnt update the Market App too. Always an error when updating it (might be because its a system app)

My lockscreen is the same as in 1.0.0 too. Not sure why.

BumAround

Apr 14, 2009
Updates to next version so far,

added switch to turn long press back to kill on/off (off by default now)
enabled silent mode by default
fixed long press volume controls to work in all apps
Great news indeed!

AdamG,

so what's your decision on the brutmap/GMaps? (below is your post like 32-34 pages back)

please take a look on the wifi as well.

I could but it would increase the ROM size, I'm thinking about removing Google Maps and YouTube though as they can be downloaded from the Market and not everyone uses them so I probably will add them all to the main release.
All that stuff could go, Calculator is tiny and handy at random times, I could replace Google Search with the default AOSP search which is a lot smaller.

I just discovered if you remove Maps and then install it, if isn't on /system then it won't login to Google :/

fixerDESIRE

Oct 27, 2010
Rezekne
One things is stopping me from switching over the oxygen rom from defrost. This is notification bar power widget(customizable).
Adam, are you going to include this into oxygen sometime?

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Your tutorial is quite self-explanatory and usefull. It is linked to the faq of the second post of the Oxygen ROM.

Maybe writing the section which deals with the auto-update of the themes servers at the beginning of the page would help some people to configure this section of the Oxygen updater more easilly ?

For myself, it is ok as it is writen, but it seems that some people have difficulties to find these sentences and set the program properly. I don't really understand as it looks to myself quite easy to find but...
Thanks for the feedback, will change the tutorial.

One thing that I find very confusing is that both Themed and AOSP Classic ROM have the same name. It would be very helpfull if they had different names.

Last edited:

rover.prince

Jul 7, 2010
www.zodage.com
Indeed this would be a favorable addition to what seems to be quite a nice rom
I agree with both of you. As notification power widgets are really needed one, 1st they minimize the space used on screen and secondly they eliminate the dependency of moving to the specified screen to activate and deactivate them.

I wish it become the part of upcoming release. But u know a wish is wish. Let's hope AdamG give it a bit priority at some point.

00Ghz

I just want the new market and the brut mode maps, and adam did you fix the progress bar bug?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
One things is stopping me from switching over the oxygen rom from defrost. This is notification bar power widget(customizable).
Adam, are you going to include this into oxygen sometime?
Indeed this would be a favorable addition to what seems to be quite a nice rom
I agree with both of you. As notification power widgets are really needed one, 1st they minimize the space used on screen and secondly they eliminate the dependency of moving to the specified screen to activate and deactivate them.

I wish it become the part of upcoming release. But u know a wish is wish. Let's hope AdamG give it a bit priority at some point.
Isn't that something you can download from the market?

As far as I understand the target of the ROM it is to be as lean and clean as possible. Whatever you can get from the market might not be included.

Just IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.