[ROM-AOSP GRH78C] Oxygen v2.0-RC7 (Gingerbread, clean, fast and 100% open-sourced!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoltrix

Nov 18, 2007
Tdot
My nandroid backups died!

I was running OD4.0.36 and i made a nadroid backup. Then i installed 1.0.3 to test it out and i installed the Gingerbread theme posted a few pages earlier. However, i did not like the theme so i did a nandroid restore to my .36 backup. When it boots, it says that every single app needs to be forced closed and then it reboots. So i restored my older OD backup that i made many weeks ago. That also gave me an error.

Then i restored my old oxy 0.2 backup and it works fine! What the hell happened?

P.S - I know for a fact that the several weeks old OD backup worked as ive had to use it several times.

BumAround

Apr 14, 2009
Last edited:

friedkimchi

Oct 30, 2010
One the best!

I just upgraded from 0.2 to 0.3. Very happy indeed. Still getting used to the new market and 2D gallery but overall very smooth and fast.

Keep up the great work, AdamG!

zoltrix

Nov 18, 2007
Tdot
My nandroid backups died!

I was running OD4.0.36 and i made a nadroid backup. Then i installed 1.0.3 to test it out and i installed the Gingerbread theme posted a few pages earlier. However, i did not like the theme so i did a nandroid restore to my .36 backup. When it boots, it says that every single app needs to be forced closed and then it reboots. So i restored my older OD backup that i made many weeks ago. That also gave me an error.

Then i restored my old oxy 0.2 backup and it works fine! What the hell happened?

P.S - I know for a fact that the several weeks old OD backup worked as ive had to use it several times.

Oh apparently my phone no longer syncs with google, so i have no contacts and i get no emails. Awesome!

EDIT: Aww my angry birds save!

EDIT2: Is it google voice dialer that i need to install so i can have the voice-to-text feature back?

EDIT3: Apparenly google voice dialer is alreayd installed :S. And i could have sworn that my google account backed up all, if not most of my applications. Why didnt any restore?

Last edited:

ouglouck

Aug 1, 2010
Khazad-dûm
Ok, this new market app really sucks. My downloads keep failing. You should keep the old one for now.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
That's not related to the application itself and I don't think it's related to the ROM either.

The new version works very nicely on my phone (update / new app) and looks quicker that the old one.

I remember a post from Adam telling that because of problems with the new market app, a wipe was to be done.

By the way, I run v1.0.3 and upgraded without wipe since v0.2.2... and I'm felling lucky: no problem at all yet.

ouglouck

Aug 1, 2010
Khazad-dûm
Blazing fast instal and boot! To be honest, with a ROM weighting at only 51mib's I couldnt expect anything less ;) Brilliant job there Adam..

Have one question so far though.. Is there a way I can get the Gingerbread dialer skin? I like it more than the actual Android which has the buttons showing and all.. the Gingerbread dialer is more sleek and goes well with the whole theme and the Ginger keyboard :)
The only way I know, but that modifies everything, not only the dialer, is the Classical Gaz Gingerbread theme that you can find (with screenshots) here:http://classical-gas.blogspot.com/2010/12/theme-gingerbread-for-oxygen.html. There are also some screenshots in this thread as there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9761257&postcount=4402 (where you can see the dialer.

Last edited:

chichoko

Dec 19, 2009
Belgrade
Status
Not open for further replies.