[ROM-AOSP GRH78C] Oxygen v2.0-RC7 (Gingerbread, clean, fast and 100% open-sourced!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
I know this has been asked before, but I still haven't been able to fix it.
I have s-off
My ads are still showing up.
I installed adfree from the market, applied it with default settings.
It says it should be working, but all the ads still show.
Can someone help me? Maybe even by PM
Thanks!
check your proxy settings in your network settings... I had the same issue when a proxy was on.

zarch1972

Jul 5, 2010
Sheffield, UK
Just had the "100% Android System" issue again...... logged the following on bug tracker under Bug Issue 123.
(http://code.google.com/p/oxygen-rom/issues/list)

2nd time this has happened to me in 3 days. The phone was idle (standby) this time, came to unlock and phone sluggish. Android System process 99%.

# top -m 5

User 92%, System 7%, IOW 0%, IRQ 0%
User 286 + Nice 0 + Sys 22 + Idle 0 + IOW 0 + IRQ 0 + SIRQ 0 = 308

PID CPU% S #THR VSS RSS PCY UID Name
10771 99% S 65 252384K 46808K fg system system_server
11487 0% R 1 944K 392K fg root top
3 0% S 1 0K 0K fg root ksoftirqd/0
4 0% S 1 0K 0K unk root watchdog/0
5 0% S 1 0K 0K fg root events/0

Here's the looping in the logcat.

E/ActivityManager(10771): Unexpected exception collecting process stats
E/ActivityManager(10771): java.util.NoSuchElementException
E/ActivityManager(10771): at java.util.StringTokenizer.nextToken(StringTokenizer.java:272)
E/ActivityManager(10771): at com.android.server.ProcessStats.getCpuSpeedTimes(ProcessStats.java:520)
E/ActivityManager(10771): at com.android.server.ProcessStats.getLastCpuSpeedTimes(ProcessStats.java:486)
E/ActivityManager(10771): at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.updateCpuStatsNow(ActivityManagerService.java:1540)
E/ActivityManager(10771): at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService$3.run(ActivityManagerService.java:1466)
E/ActivityManager(10771): at java.util.StringTokenizer.nextToken(StringTokenizer.java:272)
E/ActivityManager(10771): at com.android.server.ProcessStats.getCpuSpeedTimes(ProcessStats.java:520)
E/ActivityManager(10771): at com.android.server.ProcessStats.getLastCpuSpeedTimes(ProcessStats.java:486)
E/ActivityManager(10771): at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.updateCpuStatsNow(ActivityManagerService.java:1540)
E/ActivityManager(10771): at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService$3.run(ActivityManagerService.java:1466)

Hope this helps??

Last edited:

zoltrix

Nov 18, 2007
Tdot
1. Just a thought:
Wipe ALL that is possible before you restore the OD nandroid: /data, /cache, /system (if possible), dalvik-caches, everything.
Then do the restore.

2. Which recovery have you used to the nandroid backup? Have you changed the version of it recently?

Cool, thanks for trying to help :)

1. I did a full wipe of everything before doing my nandroid and it still didnt work
2. Im using the recoveries from here: http://www.klutsh.com/downloads/
Ive been using it for many many revisions now. However, i used one revision older than the one now to make the nandroid backups that messed up

But at the same time, ive used that same recovery to make the ones that didnt mess up.

zougy

Jan 7, 2008
This is by far the quickest and most stable rom for me, just one issue i have is during a voice call the incall volume is really loud even when its at the lowest point, anyone else have the same issue?

tlazar4

Jan 8, 2010
first you have to set your langages in the settings of the keyboard, then you slide on the spacebar one or another direction and it changes languages (or it doesn't...)

bernabap

Jul 25, 2009
Thanks but AGAIN it doesn't even give me the option to change the language...I hold on to the spacebar and nothing happens..

Thanks again...but I dont know whats wrong...
You need to set at least 2 languages from: Settings> Language $ keyboard> Android Keyboard> Input languages, then mark the languages you want. Of course you need to flash the zip from bug tracker first!

EDIT: tlazar4 was fast...

zougy

Jan 7, 2008
This is by far the quickest and most stable rom for me, just one issue i have is during a voice call the incall volume is really loud even when its at the lowest point, anyone else have the same issue?
Just checked the bug tracker and can see im not the only one having the same issue

Paul

ouglouck

Aug 1, 2010
Khazad-dûm
Thanks but AGAIN it doesn't even give me the option to change the language...I hold on to the spacebar and nothing happens..

You need to go to the Android keyboard settings and enable the different languages you want. Then you will be able to change the language by swyping on the space bar...

AGAIN try this before to say it does not work... :)

Have you tried it by now ? Is it working ?

Last edited:

Migel0

Jun 5, 2010
Can someone confirm worse WiFi performance compared to other ROMs?

I got slower speed, I lose connection from time to time (at good spots) and my reception is worse.
I can confirm this. Wi-fi connection drops for 5sec and after that the icon appears again and eveything is fine until it disconnects again (it does it every few minutes) please take a look in this.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

AzureusPT

Feb 27, 2008

Here's a graphic example. In my example I have selected english and suomi dictionary (just as example) and if I push and slide the space bar, it shows me to change to the other dictionaries.

Attachments

HTF

Apr 18, 2009
I can confirm this. Wi-fi connection drops for 5sec and after that the icon appears again and eveything is fine until it disconnects again (it does it every few minutes) please take a look in this.

I got this as well so I went to an older kernel. It seems to be a kernel issue in the latest vork kernel (that this rom uses)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

KaleBatzZ

May 25, 2010
Haarlem
New bootanimation

Oke boys and girls.
I've made a Oxygen bootanimation. I'll hope you like it.
It is the first time I'm doing this, so please be gentle with me ;)

The bootanimation is looping all the time. In my case it loops 3 times :)

Preview:

If you want to use it, go ahead and have fun with it. But I appreciate it when you thank me! :)
Put the bootanimation in data/local of your android device and your done!
Tested and works.

Suggestions and ideas are always welcome!
More bootanimations on there way......

And AdamG thnx for this wonderful ROM!

Attachments

Last edited:

VK7HSE

Aug 11, 2010
Hobart
www.vk7hse.hobby-site.org
Oke boys and girls.
I've made a Oxygen bootanimation. I'll hope you like it.
It is the first time I'm doing this, so please be gentle with me ;)

The bootanimation is looping all the time. In my case it loops 3 times :)

Preview:

If you want to use it, go ahead and have fun with it. But I appreciate it when you thank me! :)
Put the bootanimation in data/local of your android device and your done!
Tested and works.

Suggestions and ideas are always welcome!
More bootanimations on there way......

And AdamG thnx for this wonderful ROM!
Looks great, well done :)

LuffyPSP

Aug 1, 2010
I've been using Oxygen 1.0.3 since a few days and I want to share my thoughts.
Well, the list is pretty short indeed:

(I'm not a fanboy: I simply flash and try for a few days every and each ROM popping out in this forum)

1. This is the smoothest ROM I've ever seen, including the blazing fast and stable and feature-packed DeFroST 6.1a.
2. This is the ROM with the longest battery lasting. Below the overnight power drain: almost a flatline (with all ON and Nexus S live wallpaper running). DeFroST was a nightmare, under this aspect.

No SetCPU or JuiceDefender running at all. 140+ apps installed into Alpharev's DATA++ partition scheme.

Very, very impressive. :)

(I know, I said almost the same things for other ROMs in the past: but things are getting better and better as days come on, so... the bar raises)

**EDIT** Gosh LuffyPSP! We've posted almost the same things! LOL
Haha lol, i went to sleep after typing that, if not i would've replied earlier. I see I'm not the only one running all to the max like you. I tried Live Wallpaper and there's not much difference in the battery life.

ooh and btw i forgot, i have my auto sync, wifi, and gps turned on ever since i flashed this rom(cuz i forgot to turn it off lol~~ and noticed it yesterday), and i got the battery life as i stated.

and yes this is great!

That was almost my normal use with stock ROM, now with Oxygen I'm between 50 and 80 hours of battery life, of course that depends also in the time you spent using the phone... xD

Battery life is awesome.
Cant agree more. Best ever!

ext23

Jul 20, 2010
PLEASE fix the camera. PLEASE.

the current camera is utterly unusable, blurry, washed out colours, can't focus, can't edit levels...ugh.

old opendesire camera was awesome, bring it back PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.