[ROM] [AOSP][LINARO] LIQUIDSMOOTH JellyBean [4.2.1] Beta 3.2 [mako] » Jan 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mikehunt22

Mar 22, 2012
Is anybody getting extreme lag going to the task switcher? Sometimes for me it takes 4-5 seconds to open it and my navigation keys tend to stay highlighted or "stick on" at times. I did dirty flash over the last update but I was having the same issue before. Just curious if its a known issue or unique to me. Other than that, fantastic ROM! :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

KLoNe1

Jun 28, 2010
Brisbane
Is anybody getting extreme lag going to the task switcher? Sometimes for me it takes 4-5 seconds to open it and my navigation keys tend to stay highlighted or "stick on" at times. I did dirty flash over the last update but I was having the same issue before. Just curious if its a known issue or unique to me. Other than that, fantastic ROM! :)

No, but I am getting a blank screen just showing the wallpaper & dock icons (no widgets etc) when I click the home button softkey. Stays 4-5 secs then returns to normal - I am using the latest NOVA beta. It was running perfectly up until a few days ago.

Also, is LIQUIDSMOOTH dead in the water? Time to move to a new ROM?

Cheers.

samthe2can

Feb 11, 2012
Tasmania
No, but I am getting a blank screen just showing the wallpaper & dock icons (no widgets etc) when I click the home button softkey. Stays 4-5 secs then returns to normal - I am using the latest NOVA beta. It was running perfectly up until a few days ago.

Also, is LIQUIDSMOOTH dead in the water? Time to move to a new ROM?

Cheers.

No news from Liquid on any social network yet.

I don't reckon it will stop entirely though, just slow down

onishchuk4

Dec 25, 2010
Boise

Yeah I have noticed it too. 3.1 was worse though. This one tends to do it when waking the phone and going to the task switcher the first time. On the plus side, the battery life has been exceptional.

baffula

Apr 27, 2011
So I used to use LiquidSmooth on my Thunderbolt. But, I now have a nexus 4! Such a better phone.

On that one, there was always new radios, kernels... blah blah, took forever to get a good combination.

What is the best radio, kernel to use with this rom?

Also, being a bit noobish here, but, what is the proper procedure once rooted with CWM installed to get this on the phone?

Are there any links with a thorough how to?

Thanks and sorry for the noobert questions.

Last edited:

nucgaek

Feb 14, 2011
Just wondering if anyone is getting no korean at all - ie. when trying to select system languages the "korean" selection is a blank bar, and trying to go on a korean site (e.g. naver.com) on the phone gives no text? Very odd, maybe I missed something.

Stretlow

Jun 3, 2010
Why's that? Would you advise moving to a different rom then?

Read a few pages back, there was a statement about the team split and that they we're going to continue developing.

They now have less resource which is obviously going to slow development.

I'm not a dev, just a user, I would never "advise" someone to use a different rom.

sean222

Sorry, but I made the switch over to Xylon and I've been pretty happy. I've been able to customize it just like LiquidSmooth and it's just as smooth :)
Xylon seems to pushing out updates pretty often.

I know LiquidSmooth isn't 'dead' ...but it sure has slowed down a lot :( Such a shame...it was my favorite Rom.

UnitedOceanic

Nov 14, 2010
So I used to use LiquidSmooth on my Thunderbolt. But, I now have a nexus 4! Such a better phone.

On that one, there was always new radios, kernels... blah blah, took forever to get a good combination.

What is the best radio, kernel to use with this rom?

Also, being a bit noobish here, but, what is the proper procedure once rooted with CWM installed to get this on the phone?

Are there any links with a thorough how to?

Thanks and sorry for the noobert questions.

Liquidsmooth ROM & Harsh Kernel works very well on my nexus

Reactions: baffula

pongalong

Jan 21, 2010
Sorry, but I made the switch over to Xylon and I've been pretty happy. I've been able to customize it just like LiquidSmooth and it's just as smooth :)
Xylon seems to pushing out updates pretty often.

I know LiquidSmooth isn't 'dead' ...but it sure has slowed down a lot :( Such a shame...it was my favorite Rom.

Xylon is an excellent rom but I definitely noticed more scrolling lag in apps like xda.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

liq0005group1.png

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

We are dedicated to providing Android users with smooth, stable and fast Roms. We start with a fast, and lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

Please feel free to look at and use our code on LiquidSmooth GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to AOKP and Xylon for parts of their code that we have incorporated.

A huge shoutout to sbrissen, codeworx and kejar31 for their work on the t0 platform!

Special thanks to our friends Imoseyon and Franco for their kernels as well!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Screenshots:

Features:

• Comprehensive speed enhancements, including Linaro -O3
    • Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
    • Chronus clock widget
    • Customizable hardware and software keys
    • Transparent navbar and status bar
    • Customizable navbar ring
    • Navigation bar widgets
    • Customizable power menu
    • Notification power widget
    • Customizable quicksettings panel
    • Statusbar mods
    • Theme engine
    • Quiet hours
    • Volume rocker music controls
    • Full Rotation
    • Customizable battery and notification light

Changelog:
    • Proper graphics overlay lag fix for D2 - CyanogenMod
    • Built with official Linaro toolchain - Nocoast
    • Added Bluetooth MAP support - CyanogenMod
    • updated MDP profile for all smdk4412 devices - Codeworx
    • Audio reverts to enable A2DP for D2!! *note* this breaks wired headset mic - Mastamoon
    • GPS Enhancements for d2 - CodeAurora
    • New Performance Settings - xoomdev
    • GooManager now included - goo.im team
    • Latest device tree updates including RIL data stability enhancements - liquid0624
    • USB OTG Added - brewcrewfoo
    • Removed accidental Nova Prime - liquid0624
    • Added Gtalk Copy Paste - Credit TeamBamf
    • Fixed mako ANYkernel support - nocoast
    • Fixed ramdisk issues - liquid0624
    • Added in depth linaro optimizations Inlcuding gcc 4.7, compiling the ROM in full -O3 etc - Steve Spear, Liquid0624, nocoast
    • Added i9300/n7100 Support back - nocoast
    • Fixed Nexus10 NavBar Bug - Steve Spear
    • Added absolute download paths to all downloads - JbirdVegas
    • An Insane number of system optimizations (really truly insane)
    • Fixed various boot issues with nexus devices - nocoast/liquid0624
    • Full goomanager functionality
    • And Much Much MORE!

liq0001group5copy.png

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Liquid news, updates, contests, and more!

liq0003group4.png

Downloads of our LiquidSmooth can be found on our goo.im page or in the goomanager app. You can find us by browsing to liquidsmooth or by searching for compatible roms for your device. Just about any Google Apps package for JB 2.1 should work, though we've provided a link below if needed. Suggested GApps are linked right in goomanager as well. Goomanager will now notify you of upcoming LiquidSmooth updates as well!

If downloading via the goo.im page, please be sure to know which device you are using prior to downloading. All files are listed according to the specific device code name. We cannot be responsible for what happens if the wrong files are flashed to your device! We recommend using the goomanager app and searching for a compatible rom if you are unsure.

Please verify that the device listed on the download links below is your device. Do not flash any files if the device does not match!!!

Download: http://goo.im/devs/liquidsmooth/mako

Main LiquidSmooth Page: http://goo.im/devs/liquidsmooth

Extras: http://goo.im/devs/liquidsmooth/extras - Wallpapers, alternative SMS, alternative camera, international keyboard APK, and more...

GApps: http://goo.gl/GgQ0i

Goomanager: http://goo.gl/zpE9D

liq0002group5.png

Liquid0624

Liquidzgrl

nocoast

Winner00

ToxicThunder \m/

DG4Prez

liq0000group5copy2.png

Like our work?

Many hours have been spent bringing you this release.
    You may show your appreciation and support for our project by considering a small donation.

New build up for all to test :)
    Cheers!!

OP updated.
    Yeah I finished patching our system core and frameworks_rs. Some things worth noting, the fixes I implemented in these two repositories minimized compiler warnings greatly. The rom was compiled with the official Google/linaro 4.7 tool chain at full -O3 (the highest level of compiler optimization considered to be stable, if you like to read more about Cflags I suggest you check out the gentoo how to...) I also compile the Franco kernel inline at -O3 with the 4.7 tool chain inline during this process..I can proudly say typing from this mako that this is about as fast as a ROM can get without making any major kernel tweaks ;) the floodgates will be opened soon enough...I get back to work in about an hour or so :)

This is the smallest ROM in terms of size. I always wonder if squeezing the size is at the cost of some compromise in other aspects of the ROM. Non of the other ROMS out there is even close to 116mb. Thanks

No we compromise nothing my man...in fact we're notorious for being fully featured and the small optimized otapackage unquestionably benefits your I/O performance which definitely matters on these phones that use sometimes less than 'performance' level nand flash...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Rc 1? Awesomeeeee! Can't wait.

One small request, can you implement the status clock color change like in xylon's rom? Please =)

Already implemented my in rc1.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2