[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [m7]

Search This thread

nedd1

Sep 27, 2010
Wi-Fi takes a long time to reconnect in the last few nightlies.

Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my One

carlolgb

Aug 13, 2011
Wi-Fi takes a long time to reconnect in the last few nightlies.

Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my One

Nope...everything works great for me!

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Hey, can somebody give me a hint which custom kernels work with the latest nightly ?
thx a lot!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53561094

I know its almost 2 weeks ago, but now, last update oft this kernel works reeely good!

nedd1

Sep 27, 2010
I am still having problems with WIFI. It fails to re-connect to networks, for example if I am in work and leave the building and come back it wont re-connect to the network.

Also, I installed the Kernel above and now the screen lag on unlock is really bad. I think I will have to revert.

jbird951

Account currently disabled
Nov 4, 2009
GB
meettomy.site
I installed this rom last night and so far I'm really liking it, blown away at all the things I can change. I read over this thread, and I Googled AOSP lockscreen, but I'm missing something here obviously. Forgive this question, I came from ViperRom so I haven't been on a AOSP rom for ages now.
On the lockscreen, when I add shortcuts for the 8 way circle am I not suppose to be able to add regular apps? or the camera? I'm seeing a very limited selection of what I can put. I seem to remember something similar when I ran PA a year ago, but I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me. If someone could just tell me what to Google here, I'm not exactly sure how to word it I guess.

good rom though!

carlolgb

Aug 13, 2011
I am still having problems with WIFI. It fails to re-connect to networks, for example if I am in work and leave the building and come back it wont re-connect to the network.

Also, I installed the Kernel above and now the screen lag on unlock is really bad. I think I will have to revert.

Maybe you need a clean install...or not, i only dirt flash the last 4 carbon updates and as i say, i got not 1 problem, with or without the kernel (i only need the custom kernel for l2m)

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

I installed this rom last night and so far I'm really liking it, blown away at all the things I can change. I read over this thread, and I Googled AOSP lockscreen, but I'm missing something here obviously. Forgive this question, I came from ViperRom so I haven't been on a AOSP rom for ages now.
On the lockscreen, when I add shortcuts for the 8 way circle am I not suppose to be able to add regular apps? or the camera? I'm seeing a very limited selection of what I can put. I seem to remember something similar when I ran PA a year ago, but I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me. If someone could just tell me what to Google here, I'm not exactly sure how to word it I guess.

good rom though!

Sorry, i dont know...i dont use lockscreen shortcuts.

PippoX3

Aug 12, 2010
TN - Italy
aokp.co
Reactions: johnwayne007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [m7], ROM for the HTC One

Contributors
    CarbonDev, daxmax
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-04
    Last Updated 2014-06-07
    I'd like to give everyone an update. I'm going to be maintaining the m7 going forward. I myself have an m7vzw now.

I know there's some broken stuff. Specifically there's some display weirdness when bringing the screen up and bluetooth a2dp streaming sucks balls. It's all due to the msm8960 kernel. I may look into temporarily switching back to m7, but I'm not sure how doable it will be at this point. We've passed word along to CM that these issues exist, since not all seemed to know about them. We're looking into possible fixes, as is Tiny of Tinykernel, but so far we haven't found a fix.

If there are other m7 bugs that I'm unaware of, please let me know. I'll try to check back here as much as I can.
    If anyone is looking for a great AOSP kernel for this ROM that has screen wake options, check out Elite Lunar. It works great with this ROM.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2594677

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Can you recommend a kernel that isn't too feature loaded?

I don't want sweep to wake or anything like that. I just want a responsive phone that is rock solid

Sent from my One

you can try LUNAR Kernel works great on International M7, try it's default configs, it's rock solid for sure ;)
    almost every kernel features lots of features (like sweep to wake and etc), you can disable them via Trickster MOD :)