[ROM-AOSP] Official SlimLP Alpha

Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
SlimLP Android 5.0

tbn434lb.png

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimLP is currently in alpha / beta stage, some custom features are already in place, but much much more is planned for the future.

Download:
Initial Alpha Build

Google Apps / How to
Our resident Gapps guru, @dankoman, has posted our custom Multi DPI Gapps! here.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Slim FAQ

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

ROM OS Version: Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-12-06
Last Updated 2014-12-06

Last edited:

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
I still have this device, but it is not active on my Sprint account, using Nexus 6 now. So please bare with me as RIL things are gonna be a little harder to test during this Alpha stage. From what I can tell, DATA should be working, voice appears to be as well, I know WiFi is for sure :p

Reactions: corcgaigh

GavinMazey

Apr 4, 2010
Englewood, FL
Google Pixel 4a
haven't gotten any feedback, its been DL though so my guess is no news is good news lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
You are correct everything seems to be working flawlessly. Amazing for an alpha, the only thing is the location icon staying in the status bar indefinitely but that's the case on every lollipop build so far. This is the perfect DPI too text looks exactly the same size as a 5" device but with much more real estate. I did have to flash supersu because I did not have root after install. I'll be running this for a while thank you.

Reactions: mhutton

ram9200

Mar 6, 2010
haven't gotten any feedback, its been DL though so my guess is no news is good news lol

Awesome so far only issue I see is it can't read iccid and seems there is some issues connecting to LTE at times, I assume these 2 issues go along with one another. Best 5.0 I have used so far

Reactions: mhutton

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
thanks guys, the location icon is effecting all devices right now, even nexus 6.

@ LTE/iccid, I'm just happy it even works, lol. I had built a aloha last week but couldn't even get a signal icon, hehe. all this will only get better from here ?

wormy987123

Jun 19, 2012
thanks guys, the location icon is effecting all devices right now, even nexus 6.

@ LTE/iccid, I'm just happy it even works, lol. I had built a aloha last week but couldn't even get a signal icon, hehe. all this will only get better from here ?

I know it is probably just an over sight but the thread says official but the download says unofficial.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
I know it is probably just an over sight but the thread says official but the download says unofficial.

it is, only our stable build, and weekly that are built by our jenkins have the "official" tag
granted, i do know how to build as "official" (locally) but no need too ;)

yansen

Aug 28, 2007
portland
probs I experienced so far :
1. root access, although I have enabled from developer options, still app like titanium backup considered me have no root

2. my note 3 gsm unlocked through the way on xda & also flashed to other cdma carrier, like in slimkat everytime restart, default network is gsm so I have to switch to cdma through phone info application (4636). but here on slimL, when changed to cdma, it have to wait for much longer time for the cdma to on (and sometimes I have to switch few times from gsm to cdma since it reverting back to gsm)

3. experience few times reboot because of application error (ex LMT)

otherwise, I am happy with this alpha build and will love to have the PIE build in as we have in slimkat.

Last edited:

ram9200

Mar 6, 2010
1. root access, although I have enabled from developer options, still app like titanium backup considered me have no root

2. my note 3 gsm unlocked through the way on xda & also flashed to other cdma carrier, like in slimkat everytime restart, default network is gsm so I have to switch to cdma through phone info application (4636). but here on slimL, when changed to cdma, it have to wait for much longer time for the cdma to on (and sometimes I have to switch few times from gsm to cdma since it reverting back to gsm)

otherwise, I am happy with this alpha build and will love to have the PIE build in as we have in slimkat.

So far I haven't had to use the 4636 code with this, I have stayed on CDMA. I flashed SuperSU update and that took care of root problems.

tgamble160

Jan 19, 2012
Tarentum
Running great. This is the first non touchwiz ROM I've used since I got my note 3 and it's running great. Very fast smooth and this lollipop build is just sexy as hell. Very nice work on this. Thank you

sixshooterz

Feb 2, 2010
Pensacola
OnePlus 8T
Loving this ROM so far. Only issue I've noticed at this point is the roaming settings (System Select) don't seem to stick.

I am looking forward to more customizability options but this thing is rocking right now. Battery life seems on part with other LP ROMs.

Great work!

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimLP Android 5.0

tbn434lb.png

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimLP is currently in alpha / beta stage, some custom features are already in place, but much much more is planned for the future.

Download:
    Initial Alpha Build

Google Apps / How to
    Our resident Gapps guru, @dankoman, has posted our custom Multi DPI Gapps! here.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Slim FAQ

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

ROM OS Version: Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-12-06
    Last Updated 2014-12-06
    as promised, new builds are up :) https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=devices&uid=95855108297851491

next weekly we will be onboard 100%, again my bad guys/girls ;)

it is, only our stable build, and weekly that are built by our jenkins have the "official" tag
    granted, i do know how to build as "official" (locally) but no need too ;)

So far I haven't had to use the 4636 code with this, I have stayed on CDMA. I flashed SuperSU update and that took care of root problems.
    wow.. first L rom for sprint note. can't wait for the stable version already

first thread maybe, i think Temasek has some unofficial CM-12 builds for hltespr. they are just harder to find ;)