Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
[ROM-AOSP] Official SlimLP Alpha

SlimLP Android 5.0

tbn434lb.png

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimLP is currently in alpha / beta stage, some custom features are already in place, but much much more is planned for the future.

Download:
Initial Alpha Build

Google Apps / How to
Our resident Gapps guru, @dankoman, has posted our custom Multi DPI Gapps! here.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Slim FAQ

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

ROM OS Version: Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-12-06
Last Updated 2014-12-06

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimLP, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
cordell12
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-12-17
Last Updated 2014-12-17

Chr0nicDreamz

Nov 7, 2008
Just a quick question. Can this be flashed on all HLTE variants?

Edit: yeah never mind. Got it. Haha. Great work.

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Been running like a BOSS - Deserves to move up from the Alpha to Beta at least - Stable enough to be a Daily Driver!
It's only going to get better as Slim and Cordell add more and more Slim Features to this Solid Rom!

Awesome work Cordell!

Last edited:
Reactions: cordell12

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
Looks beautiful OP! Loving the boot animation! :) one question though, how do I set google now launcher as default? Whenever I try says Launcher3 is my default and I should clear defaults to use google now launcher but the clear default button isn't highlighted....any help bud?

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Looks beautiful OP! Loving the boot animation! :) one question though, how do I set google now launcher as default? Whenever I try says Launcher3 is my default and I should clear defaults to use google now launcher but the clear default button isn't highlighted....any help bud?
Settings - Home - select GNL
You can even "trash" the other Launchers if you want

Sent From my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

liam.ire

Oct 15, 2010
Fantastic rom. Love the smaller dpi, I am however finding lots of force closes, chrome etc in fact many force closes. Also is there anyway to change the quick tiles in the pull down status bar? Thanks for your work!

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Fantastic rom. Love the smaller dpi, I am however finding lots of force closes, chrome etc in fact many force closes. Also is there anyway to change the quick tiles in the pull down status bar? Thanks for your work!
That's odd - I haven't had a single force close on any app.
Did you Factory Reset - Wipe System and Caches before you flashed the Rom?

If you used Titanium to restore user apps - Did you restore any that are not yet compatible with 5.0?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM-AOSP] Official SlimLP Alpha

SlimLP Android 5.0

tbn434lb.png

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimLP is currently in alpha / beta stage, some custom features are already in place, but much much more is planned for the future.

Download:
    Initial Alpha Build

Google Apps / How to
    Our resident Gapps guru, @dankoman, has posted our custom Multi DPI Gapps! here.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Slim FAQ

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

ROM OS Version: Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-12-06
    Last Updated 2014-12-06

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimLP, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    cordell12
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-12-17
    Last Updated 2014-12-17
    To clairify yes this device is still under development. When LP weeklies start HLTE shall be included, as long as no major bugs suddenly appear. Ive been real busy lately with real life, well I wouldnt call it lately, its been 2 years since Ive had less than a 6 day work week. Anyway, Ive been firing up the compiler and getting the HLTE family of devices primed up for weeklies. hltevzw and hlteusc are to be dropped from the supported list. hltevzw (verizon) has a locked bootloader and the ROM only works for dev edition device. as for hlteusc, well its usc, lmao. not to bash the usc guys, but downloads are next to none, nuff said.

for those who dont know I have a account @AndroidFileHost LINK and test builds can be found there from time to time. These builds are NOT guaranteed to boot, so if you choose to flash....make a backup :p

edit...can we keep the bashing of each-other down a bit? i dont mind the OT chat in my threads, but dont like to read through the bashing. we are all here for the same reason, lets not forget we were all new at one point and needed guidence :)
    my aplogies for all the DATA woes :/

this build should be better :)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95864024717069600

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
    link removed, telephony issues