[ROM-AOSP] [OLD] Stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2_r1 for the Kindle Fire [10-10]

Search This thread

dadeo1111

Seems to be a new AOSP build up:

http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/otter/aosp/jb-4.2-kfire-hashcode-12-11.zip

Thanks Hashcode :)

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Hey i like AOSP idea...currently my fire is running gedeROM. Do you recommend me to change to this one?:laugh:
You should experience a noticeable change if you do. JB is very smooth and bare AOSP is the smoothest JB.

Only drawback is that once you go Jelly Bean, you won't want to go back to non-JB roms.

NotShorty

Jun 23, 2007
Detroit
It's really, really good. I haven't found any significant bugs, so it's my ROM of choice until Hash's 4.2.1 ROM gets some of its kinks ironed out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

A

AndroidSlave

I named my first born child hashcode...

Sent from my GT-N7000000000 using Tapastalker 2

Mar 8, 2011
Pune
Dear Friends,

Just need some help, I have Kindle Fire 2, I have already rooted it, now I want to install custom roms in it which are already available here.

I am just a beginner and dont know how to install those, any step by step guide to download these please? it will be very helpful for begineers.

I want to use custom roms so that I can attach keyboard (With OTG wire) and sometime my pen drives. :) hope that is possible.

Thanks a lot for your support and help, kindly suggest.

Regards,
Amit Sharma

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Dear Friends,

Just need some help, I have Kindle Fire 2, I have already rooted it, now I want to install custom roms in it which are already available here.

I am just a beginner and dont know how to install those, any step by step guide to download these please? it will be very helpful for begineers.

I want to use custom roms so that I can attach keyboard (With OTG wire) and sometime my pen drives. :) hope that is possible.

Thanks a lot for your support and help, kindly suggest.

Regards,
Amit Sharma

You should go to the kf2 section. Don't flash roms for the original KF. Not much you will be able to do with that model, sorry.

Mar 26, 2011
Stuck in flash process...

Hello! I'm trying to update my Kindle Fire (orig) from Jandycane 1.8 to JB4.2. I've gotten into TWRP and made a backup, then did the factory reset and flashed the Jelly Bean zip file. It appears that I'm stuck partway through that flash, so I was hoping to get some help. Here's the text of the screen output:

Formatting Data using make_ext4fs...
Done.
Formatting Cache using make_ext4fs...
Done.
Using rm -rf on .android_secure
Updating partition details...
Installing '/sdcard/jb-4.2-kfire-hashcode-12-18.zip'...
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
Updating partition details...​

And that's where I'm stuck - it's been sitting at this one particular point for about 25-30 minutes now. I haven't gotten the normal "Success" message across the top, and I still see the three big buttons at the bottom ("Wipe Cache/Dalvik", "Home", and "Reboot System"). It's not completely frozen since I can scroll back up through the TWRP command history, but it's not moving forward. I know sometimes a flash takes some time, but it's never taken this long to flash the ROM before (I've done it a handful of times with previous versions of Jandycane), so I think it's clear something is wrong. But, I'm reluctant to start pushing buttons at random. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

***UPDATE***
I got impatient and backed away from the previous screen, then tried repeating the wipe/flash process. I get the same result every time - it just hangs, with no success message. I verified the MD5 of the file on my Windows laptop prior to copying it onto my KF, but now that I've wiped it I don't know for sure how to verify it on the KF itself (or if I even need to). Upon rebooting, I see the default boot animation (I believe from Jandycane, if I recall correctly), but it never actually boots up. At this point I'm planning to let the animation go overnight, and see if it eventually completes and boots up. I'd welcome any guidance or suggestions anyone might have...

Last edited:

Relikk356

Aug 11, 2010
thecarlsoncrew,

i'm no expert at the Kindle Fire as I've only installed this Rom and that's it. I am however very familiar with other Android devices and your error sounds like a boot loader issue. I'm not sure if you've tried it, or if its a requirement of your current ROM but you might need to install FIRE FIRE FIRE. Could be a Kernal issue too. Anyway I probably shouldn't be helping you with my limited Kindle experience.

Hello! I'm trying to update my Kindle Fire (orig) from Jandycane 1.8 to JB4.2. I've gotten into TWRP and made a backup, then did the factory reset and flashed the Jelly Bean zip file. It appears that I'm stuck partway through that flash, so I was hoping to get some help. Here's the text of the screen output:

Formatting Data using make_ext4fs...
Done.
Formatting Cache using make_ext4fs...
Done.
Using rm -rf on .android_secure
Updating partition details...
Installing '/sdcard/jb-4.2-kfire-hashcode-12-18.zip'...
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
Updating partition details...​

And that's where I'm stuck - it's been sitting at this one particular point for about 25-30 minutes now. I haven't gotten the normal "Success" message across the top, and I still see the three big buttons at the bottom ("Wipe Cache/Dalvik", "Home", and "Reboot System"). It's not completely frozen since I can scroll back up through the TWRP command history, but it's not moving forward. I know sometimes a flash takes some time, but it's never taken this long to flash the ROM before (I've done it a handful of times with previous versions of Jandycane), so I think it's clear something is wrong. But, I'm reluctant to start pushing buttons at random. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

***UPDATE***
I got impatient and backed away from the previous screen, then tried repeating the wipe/flash process. I get the same result every time - it just hangs, with no success message. I verified the MD5 of the file on my Windows laptop prior to copying it onto my KF, but now that I've wiped it I don't know for sure how to verify it on the KF itself (or if I even need to). Upon rebooting, I see the default boot animation (I believe from Jandycane, if I recall correctly), but it never actually boots up. At this point I'm planning to let the animation go overnight, and see if it eventually completes and boots up. I'd welcome any guidance or suggestions anyone might have...

ultrasoul

Sep 8, 2007
after installing this ROM, although wifi works beautifully on the fire, all other devices connected to my router's wireless connection seem to have their wifi traffic dramatically slowed even though the fire might not be using a lot of internet usage.

it's as if the fire being connected to the wifi network causes significant wifi interference of all other connected wifi devices. funny thing is that the fire's internet connection is just fine but internet traffic on other wifi devices would crawl to a standstill ...

anyone also having this issue?

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Next update will fix the wifi issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rogerse

May 7, 2010
Having problems with the Gapps install. I get a setup wizard loop, when trying to install the gapps-jb-200121011-signed.zip file from the directed download page from message #1 posted by Hashcode. I expect I am installing the incorrect version, though it says 4.1.x, it seems to be incompatible with this ROM. can someone please point me to the correct Gapps file to download?

Thanks for your help!
-Eric

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP JELLY BEAN 4.1.2_r1 straight from Google sources
    This ROM is completely up-to-date w/ the 4AI1.7 kernel and latest ducati from TI

Download 4.1.2_r1 ROM here [10-10]
    md5sum: d300fbbd65f3037f54519f7c3c2bc4a5
    PLUS YOU WILL NEED TO FLASH GAPPS AFTER
    Jelly Bean Gapps here

Data wipe might be required as this is 4.1.2_r1. If in doubt, wipe and use Titanium Backup to restore apps.

Make sure to WIPE Dalvik Cache.

BUILDING THIS ROM
    I've updated GitHub with the local_manifest and patches for creating this rom from AOSP sources:
    https://github.com/KFire-Android/android_local_manifest/tree/jb-aosp

Each patch should be applied via: git apply <patch name> in the respective project where it belongs.

Enjoy
    FIXED AS OF 10/10:

[ Will fill in as bugs pop-up ]
    I have the new update nearly ready.

Part of the delay is that TI is updating their version of the android source on a daily basis. So, I'm hoping to do a build that we have never seen before.

One based about 95% on omapzoom/TI sources for Android. This would include a ton of enhancements for OMAP only devices.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
    Gapps link in the OP fixed.

So, what I'm seeing for the next version to be more of a "daily driver":

- Fix the wifi script
    - Wifi location fix
    - Add superuser and a compatible su binary
    - Default CPU to 1.2ghz instead of 1ghz
    - Fix slower I/O performance via init*.rc script changes
    - Add Terminal Emulator
    - Add File Manager
    - Fix HD Codecs
    - Fix the over rotation issue in frameworks/base
    - Probably lower headphone volume a bit
    - Add in the libwvm file
    - Change Bootanimation

Custom ROMs would take care of toggles for Phone <-> Tablet UI etc so I'm not too worried about that.
    Yes I would also be interested in making some screenshots for my blog...is there any other way than using the devkit tool?

Oh and btw exchange calendar sync still doesn't work...

But this ROM really had great performance!

At this point I need to get used to the phoneish UI though, don't like the notification area at the top. And the fact that the notification drawer has no toggles like the tablet UI is pretty lame....and no landscape mode. Guess I have to use launcherpro ...

I'm probably going to updating the GApps link to another working set where Calendar sync is fixed, it eliminates the double Gallery and Picasa sync w/ Gallery is fixed. Look for that tonight.

And it looks like I missed the term library so that Terminal FCs when you use it currently. So I'll refresh the build for that as well.