• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][AOSP] RevengeOS 3.2 | MI A2 (jasmine_sprout) [OFFICIAL][10]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

toxinpiper

Jan 8, 2020
[ROM REVIEW]
revengeOS 3.1.1
Warning: I don't use Gapps with this ROM, so if you did flash Gapps your user experience might be hole different.
I will not mentioned bugs, its costom ROM you have to learn to live with them, they are sweet :eek:
1.Type C headphone Out put is like juice (no need to install any audio mod) [Quality might suffer according to firmware installation]
2.Ui is liquid smooth no lags, shutters, glitches:eek:
3.RAM management is like butter (Zero Lag)
4.No Google Apps pre-Installed (thank God)
5.Included TWRP (NAt BaD)
6.Gallery has the best UI. I have ever seen[Just Joking], Music player is outstanding. You'll love it
7.WiFi speed is good [no issue]
8.gradient accents are like heaven
9.(WiFi~hotspot) working like charm (disable tethering hardware acceleration in developer option)
10.Battery is [Beast-Mode] outstanding screen on time
11.Recommended To install FDE.AI for 20% boost in ROM [Extended battery life God level performance]
THANKS.

Sent from Mi A2 running revengeOS 3.1.1 using XDA Labs.

DarkMode101

Aug 30, 2019
[ROM REVIEW]
revengeOS 3.1.1
Warning: I don't use Gapps with this ROM, so if you did flash Gapps your user experience might be hole different.
I will not mentioned bugs, its costom ROM you have to learn to live with them, they are sweet :eek:
1.Type C headphone Out put is like juice (no need to install any audio mod) [Quality might suffer according to firmware installation]
6.Gallery has the best UI. I have ever seen[Just Joking], Music player is outstanding. You'll love it
9.(WiFi~hotspot) working like charm (disable tethering hardware acceleration in developer option)
11.Recommended To install FDE.AI for 20% boost in ROM [Extended battery life God level performance]
THANKS.

Hello.. thanks for the review.. I've a few queries, hoping you could answer some.. I'm bought this phone 6 months ago and never did a single update cause I heard pie and every other update has bugs.. My phone's running oreo stock android and it's simply the best.. Battery is awesome.. I get 8-9 hour Sot under regular.. but under light usage like YouTube.. mx player and little bit of Chrome, I managed to get 10 hour 40 mins which is outstanding considering 3000mAh.. And I love the battery experience but performance is not that good.. It's not bad but occasional hangs and stutters are there in heavy apps like Chrome.. So, my question is how much battery do you get in this rom.. Can you tell your average Sot you get under medium and light usage? Also how's experience? like in android one system, everything works out of box.. I'm very familiar with flashing roms as I had lenovo z2, redmi note 3 and 7 pro but I bought android one cause I wanted a good experience as I grew tired of flashing.. And this phone was great except for it's performance.. If you could take the time out to answer this, then it would be great.. If not, that's okay too.. btw I've attached some screenshot to share my battery Sot claim, which might be unbelievable for some.. Thank you

Attachments

• 855221167_222426.jpg
    855221167_222426.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 426
  • 855212303_261784.jpg
    855212303_261784.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 428
  • 855211356_261209.jpg
    855211356_261209.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 425
  • Screenshot_20191107-034019.png
    Screenshot_20191107-034019.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 420
  • Screenshot_20191107-034050.png
    Screenshot_20191107-034050.png
    173 KB · Views: 408
  • Screenshot_20191107-034026.png
    Screenshot_20191107-034026.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 403

toxinpiper

Jan 8, 2020
Hello.. thanks for the review.. I've a few queries, hoping you could answer some.. I'm bought this phone 6 months ago and never did a single update cause I heard pie and every other update has bugs.. My phone's running oreo stock android and it's simply the best.. Battery is awesome.. I get 8-9 hour Sot under regular.. but under light usage like YouTube.. mx player and little bit of Chrome, I managed to get 10 hour 40 mins which is outstanding considering 3000mAh.. And I love the battery experience but performance is not that good.. It's not bad but occasional hangs and stutters are there in heavy apps like Chrome.. So, my question is how much battery do you get in this rom.. Can you tell your average Sot you get under medium and light usage? Also how's experience? like in android one system, everything works out of box.. I'm very familiar with flashing roms as I had lenovo z2, redmi note 3 and 7 pro but I bought android one cause I wanted a good experience as I grew tired of flashing.. And this phone was great except for it's performance.. If you could take the time out to answer this, then it would be great.. If not, that's okay too.. btw I've attached some screenshot to share my battery Sot claim, which might be unbelievable for some.. Thank you
The first thing to be noted that I am a non-google user (I love FOSS) That means my device (Mi A2) doesn't have Google play services nor any google apps, instead I replace all google apps by open source alternative like (newpipe/YouTube),(protonmail/gmail),(Firefox/chrome),(apkmirror/play store) and further on
~your question was how's the battery on this ROM (without google-stuff installed)
NOTE: I use this ROM with magisk, And FDE.AI is installed (only these two MODS and nothing else)
To be honest I play PUBG, so I got a whooping 5 hour's and 10 minutes of screen on time with continues usages (From 97% to 4%)
NOTE: (I was playing the game continually taking only one break to eat food)
The games was running at low graphics (smooth)
And 40 fps
Sorry because I don't have battery statistics or screen shot if you want them then reply
# I'll do a continues test again specially for you and attach the screen shot by 12:pM
THANKS.

Sent from Mi A2 running revengeOS 3.1.1 Using XDA Labs.

Reactions: DarkMode101

DarkMode101

Aug 30, 2019
The first thing to be noted that I am a non-google user (I love FOSS) That means my device (Mi A2) doesn't have Google play services nor any google apps, instead I replace all google apps by open source alternative like (newpipe/YouTube),(protonmail/gmail),(Firefox/chrome),(apkmirror/play store) and further on
~your question was how's the battery on this ROM (without google-stuff installed)
NOTE: I use this ROM with magisk, And FDE.AI is installed (only these two MODS and nothing else)
To be honest I play PUBG, so I got a whooping 5 hour's and 10 minutes of screen on time with continues usages (From 97% to 4%)
NOTE: (I was playing the game continually taking only one break to eat food)
The games was running at low graphics (smooth)
And 40 fps
Sorry because I don't have battery statistics or screen shot if you want them then reply
# I'll do a continues test again specially for you and attach the screen shot by 12:pM
THANKS.

Sent from Mi A2 running revengeOS 3.1.1 Using XDA Labs.
Thank you for your time.. I don't play pubg.. How's performace in day to day experience and app opening speed? and battery life without gaming? Sot without gaming..

toxinpiper

Jan 8, 2020
Thank you for your time.. I don't play pubg.. How's performace in day to day experience and app opening speed? and battery life without gaming? Sot without gaming..
If you watch YouTube continuously in 1080p at 50% display brightness you'll get 7+ hour's of screen on time
Lite Usage like browsing, streaming audio, social media apps, watching video (offline), playing 2D games, will give you 9+ hours of screen on time
NOTE: screen on time will mostly depends on your usage (everybody is different at using their device)

As show in the screen shot PUBG run time 1 hour 43 minutes = 31% that means 93% will give you 5 hours 15 minutes

I am really happy using this ROM in compared to other ROMs that I've tried there are less customizations, but the ROM has what I need

THANKS.

Sent from Mi A2 running revengeOS 3.1.1 Using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20200114-215933.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20200114-215933.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 395
Reactions: DarkMode101

leviathanaxeislit

Feb 27, 2018
Chennai
[ROM REVIEW]
revengeOS 3.1.1
THANKS.

Thanks for Review

it's means a lot and make me even more responsible and deliver a lot

leviathanaxeislit

Feb 27, 2018
Chennai
oh great thanks. sorry to bother but my phone stops detecting sim cards after i reboot it casually. this happens when i use magisk v20+ and does not happen in v19.3 but i cant use quick switch module in 19.3. is there any work around for that?
Yep
New Update fixes those issues
Update will be rolled out as soon as possible by me

tw1st3d83

Sep 14, 2010
Belgrade
Xiaomi Black Shark 2
OnePlus Nord
oh great thanks. sorry to bother but my phone stops detecting sim cards after i reboot it casually. this happens when i use magisk v20+ and does not happen in v19.3 but i cant use quick switch module in 19.3. is there any work around for that?
Why do you need quick switch? Gesture navigation works on any launcher now on android 10 roms...

jugaaru

Oct 2, 2017
Why do you need quick switch? Gesture navigation works on any launcher now on android 10 roms...

Actually i uninstall quickstep (native launcher) after installing lawnchair 2 alpha (which isnt fully supported yet for q). so when i uninstall native launcher the gestures stop working thats why i use quick switch to switch launchers for pie recents.

DarkMode101

Aug 30, 2019
Yep
New Update fixes those issues
Update will be rolled out as soon as possible by me

Will the new build be made from android 10 official sources?
Also, I'd like to thank you for all your work.. This rom is hands down the best rom in both performace and battery life.. 9-10 hours Sot is achievable with light usage which is insane for 3000mah battery.. Hope you can keep the development and optimisation going.. Thank you..

Last edited:
Reactions: leviathanaxeislit

leviathanaxeislit

Feb 27, 2018
Chennai
Will the new build be made from android 10 official sources?
Also, I'd like to thank you for all your work.. This rom is hands down the best rom in both performace and battery life.. 9-10 hours Sot is achievable with light usage which is insane for 3000mah battery.. Hope you can keep the development and optimisation going.. Thank you..
this is already made official rom and also it's already q build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update Dated 2019-12-29

-It's Official Now
    -Optimised Launcher app
    -Added Blur on settings search bar and coming soon on different areas
    -RevengeOS 3.1
    -TWRP INCLUDED
    -Download Link Updated on OP
    revenge-Q.jpg

RevengeOS is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP. We are dedicated to a beautiful, fast, stable and minimal customized ROM, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code, Hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at RevengeOS GitHub.

Also, we got our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us

Disclaimer: While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in Telegram Group

Download ROM here for your device!

Click Here

What's Working
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

BUGS:
    None

Download the ROM
    - Backup each and every partition from TWRP Recovery(optional)
    - Make a full wipe (system, vendor, data, cache, dalvik)
    - Flash RevengeOS Package
    - Flash gapps
    - Wipe cache! -And at last Reboot!
    [First boot will take few minutes! Have patience]
    Clean Flash is always recommended!

If you want any bug to be fixed please write here on xda in detail. Give Logcats, mention your device name, mention if any mods and kernels, if used and please be specific about it. By helping us, you are helping yourself too.
    Kernel Sources
    Click Here
    ->How to take Logcats?
    https://goo.gl/UcTM9 and https://goo.gl/J4CSEP

Like my Work?
    Buy me a Beer or Coffee
    Donate

XDA:DevDB Information
    RevengeOS 3.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A2

Contributors
    leviathanaxeislit
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-02-23
    Last Updated 2020-04-12
    Reserved

Build-Date : 27/12/2019
    -Initial Build
    -Nano Gapps Recommended
    -Se Linux Permissive for now

ScreenShots are here

Click Here
    Update Dated 2019-12-31

Add AuthSecret HAL service

Add authsecret interface

IMS-VT: Allow holding video call

audio: Checkout Mixer Path from Miui 11

Fix bt mic while in call with fluence enable

Import Dual Speaker configuration

enable back stereo audio recording

audio: Import missing SND_Devices from MIUI 11

Download Links are up
    [ROM REVIEW]
    revengeOS 3.1.1
    THANKS.