[ROM] [AOSP] RevengeOS 4.0 | Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/7S (lavender) [OFFICIAL]

smithbill

Jun 24, 2007
Liverpool
I've tried installing the current version of this ROM (RevengeOS-4.0-R-OFFICIAL-lavender-20210212-1015) and it kept failing to boot.

After flashing current Global firmware, Format Data, wipe Cache, Dalvik, Vendor, Data etc I flashed ROM (from external microSD) then Basic NikGapps. Reboot to System simply lands me back in OrangeFox.

I read someone had an issue flashing from external microSD, so I tried flashing from the virtual microSD (after Data partition had been formatted). Same problem, just reboots back into OrangeFox.

I restored my original 'letsmakecakes' PixelExperience ROM from an OrangeFox backup and that worked fine.

Tried RevengeOS again - same problem, just boots back into OrangeFox.

I installed PixelExtended ROM and that worked fine but I couldn't restore apps from a Titanium Backup.

Tried *again* to install RevengeOS, and once again (after format Data etc) it just reboots back into OrangeFox.

I gave up on RevengeOS at this point and flashed PixelExtended again. However, I've now discovered that GPS doesn't work in PixelExtended.

So what am I missing when it comes to flashing RevengeOS? Why does it keep failing to boot to System and just lands me back in OrangeFox Recovery?

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
I've tried installing the current version of this ROM (RevengeOS-4.0-R-OFFICIAL-lavender-20210212-1015) and it kept failing to boot.

After flashing current Global firmware, Format Data, wipe Cache, Dalvik, Vendor, Data etc I flashed ROM (from external microSD) then Basic NikGapps. Reboot to System simply lands me back in OrangeFox.

I read someone had an issue flashing from external microSD, so I tried flashing from the virtual microSD (after Data partition had been formatted). Same problem, just reboots back into OrangeFox.

I restored my original 'letsmakecakes' PixelExperience ROM from an OrangeFox backup and that worked fine.

Tried RevengeOS again - same problem, just boots back into OrangeFox.

I installed PixelExtended ROM and that worked fine but I couldn't restore apps from a Titanium Backup.

Tried *again* to install RevengeOS, and once again (after format Data etc) it just reboots back into OrangeFox.

I gave up on RevengeOS at this point and flashed PixelExtended again. However, I've now discovered that GPS doesn't work in PixelExtended.

So what am I missing when it comes to flashing RevengeOS? Why does it keep failing to boot to System and just lands me back in OrangeFox Recovery?
The reason is that you did not format your data after you flashed the ROM, format your data after you are done with the flashing process. Also, do not flash GApps in the first flashing process. Flash it after the ROM boots.

smokyfr

Apr 15, 2020
Cool, go to Settings -> Security to check whether there are any security updates available or not.
Hello

I can see the place you're talking about, but I don't see how I can tell if there are updates to apply.

Besides, I have another Pb :
- I only see Hal1 (12MB).
I'm missing Hal2 or 3 (48MB).

Thanks for your help

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Hello

I can see the place you're talking about, but I don't see how I can tell if there are updates to apply.

Besides, I have another Pb :
- I only see Hal1 (12MB).
I'm missing Hal2 or 3 (48MB).

Thanks for your help
I thought, you were talking about security updates. If you're talking about system updates, then there is no support for OTA at the moment.

HAL3 is there, Go to Settings -> System -> Camera HAL Switcher and change it to HAL3

Robtroc

Apr 5, 2018
Hello, I have a problem, the rom is great, today magisk gave me an update, after doing it the wifi did not turn on again, and the mac address of the wifi and bluetooth are not available, this happened after updating magisk, some solution without have to mount the rom again? Thank you

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Hola tengo un problema, la rom es genial, hoy magisk me dio una actualización, luego de hacerlo el wifi no se encendió nuevamente, y la dirección mac del wifi y bluetooth no están disponibles, esto pasó luego de actualizar magisk, algunos solución sin tener que montar la rom de nuevo? Gracias
Can you please translate it?

Robtroc

Apr 5, 2018
Can you please translate it?

Hello, I have a problem, the rom is great, today magisk gave me an update, after doing it the wifi did not turn on again, and the mac address of the wifi and bluetooth are not available, this happened after updating magisk, some solution without have to mount the rom again? Thank you

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Okay, got it. I think you should downgrade your Magisk to v21.4 to fix the issues. Even, you can try mounting the system and vendor.

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
and how I do it? I uninstall magisk and put the version you suggest?
btw there is android 11 update for rn7 stable from february with something new?
After uninstalling Magisk, is it fixed? I suggest you to clean flash the ROM again. Yes, there is Android 11 update for Redmi Note 7 from February.

smokyfr

Apr 15, 2020
I thought, you were talking about security updates. If you're talking about system updates, then there is no support for OTA at the moment.

HAL3 is there, Go to Settings -> System -> Camera HAL Switcher and change it to HAL3
Indeed I was talking about security updates. How do I do it?

For the camera, I had already checked: there is only Hal1 in Camera Hal Switcher.
I have the impression that there is a parameter that prevents the system from seeing it.

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Indeed I was talking about security updates. How do I do it?

For the camera, I had already checked: there is only Hal1 in Camera Hal Switcher.
I have the impression that there is a parameter that prevents the system from seeing it.
You can't do that from the device, patches need to be merged in the sources.

Weird, I have HAL3 and I guess everyone has it, too.