• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [AOSP] RevengeOS 4.0 | Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/7S (lavender) [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

hotdog18882

Aug 22, 2016
Hello.

I've been using this Rom for about a week and it's great! Very slick, well done.

Just found one strange little issue; I can only take screenshots of the launcher. Screenshot in any app fails.

The screenshot noise happens, but no image is saved (and no error popup)

I've tried with and without the three finger gesture disabled, its the same either way.

Screenshots work fine from the homescreen (revengelauncher) but nowhere else.

Do I have some permission set wrong?

Any clues appreciated.

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Hello.

I've been using this Rom for about a week and it's great! Very slick, well done.

Just found one strange little issue; I can only take screenshots of the launcher. Screenshot in any app fails.

The screenshot noise happens, but no image is saved (and no error popup)

I've tried with and without the three finger gesture disabled, its the same either way.

Screenshots work fine from the homescreen (revengelauncher) but nowhere else.

Do I have some permission set wrong?

Any clues appreciated.
Thank you so much for the wonderful review.

So, basically, we changed the screenshot implementation and that broke it. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon. Also, you are not doing it wrong so, don't worry.

Reactions: hotdog18882

hotdog18882

Aug 22, 2016
Hi,

I had an issue with the stock clock app.
It pings a notification sound 30 mins before the alarm goes off (even when on "do not disturb" mode) I think it's the "upcoming alarm" notification.
I tried to silence that specific notification, but there are many notification types from that app - all with the name "alarm"

Instead - I disabled the app and installed google clock instead.
Working fine.

Cheers.

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Hi,

I had an issue with the stock clock app.
It pings a notification sound 30 mins before the alarm goes off (even when on "do not disturb" mode) I think it's the "upcoming alarm" notification.
I tried to silence that specific notification, but there are many notification types from that app - all with the name "alarm"

Instead - I disabled the app and installed google clock instead.
Working fine.

Cheers.
Hi, this is really weird. Okay, I'll look into this matter, thank you for informing. Cheers!

deathgaze2497

Apr 22, 2017
ok so i flashed this rom on my redmi note 7 yea works fine but its for my fiance she wants a different rom now BUT every time i go into recovery and try to wipe data or format anything it says operation not permitted also im assuming its encrypted i know it is but orangefox dose not prompt me to put in a passcode ive tryed making it a simple passcode pattern and i jsut dont know how to fix it ive tried everything is this an android 11 thing what can i do.

Last edited:

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
ok so i flashed this rom on my redmi note 7 yea works fine but its for my fiance she wants a different rom now BUT every time i go into recovery and try to wipe data or format anything it says operation not permitted also im assuming its encrypted i know it is but orangefox dose not prompt me to put in a passcode ive tryed making it a simple passcode pattern and i jsut dont know how to fix it ive tried everything is this an android 11 thing what can i do.
Hey! So, I understood your point. Basically, OrangeFox cannot decrypt a 4.19 FBE ROM successfully. We have to use a different recovery for it. I hope, if you use https://dl.akr-developers.com/?file=lavender/twrp-4.19/twrp-3.5.2_9-0-4.19-lavender.img this recovery, then your problem will be fixed, and if you can please, format your data once. Let me know, thank you.

Reactions: xuroid

deathgaze2497

Apr 22, 2017
Hey! So, I understood your point. Basically, OrangeFox cannot decrypt a 4.19 FBE ROM successfully. We have to use a different recovery for it. I hope, if you use https://dl.akr-developers.com/?file=lavender/twrp-4.19/twrp-3.5.2_9-0-4.19-lavender.img this recovery, then your problem will be fixed, and if you can please, format your data once. Let me know, thank you.
thank u so much it worked fine i wonder what the issue is but thank u so much

Dreadzel

Jan 21, 2015
Hi, Im encountering "operation not permitted" on orangefox after flashing this rom. Already did 5 clean flashes, always results to operation not permitted. Is there any fix to this? Good work on the rom btw!

Dreadzel

Jan 21, 2015

xuroid

Nov 15, 2019
Thank you very much, I also encountered the above problem, and now the problem is solved according to your post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

RevengeOS is an operating system based on Android Open Source Project, built with a unique look and performance in mind. It's daily usage ready, lightweight, and elegant.

FEATURES
    RevengeOS exclusive features:
    - Battery health checker
    - Brand new RevengeUI, built to be different, built to be elegant
    - Brand new media controller
    - Systemwide gradients
    - New lock screen clock styles
    General features:

- Incall haptic-feedback
    - Kill app button
    - Toggle battery percentage in the status bar
    - Resume media from Quick Settings
    - Playback control from volume buttons
    - Wake up with volume buttons
    - Quick camera launch from sleep
    - 3-button navigation system
    - Pill navigation system
    - Swipe to screenshot
    - Wake on charge
    - Proximity sensor check when waking up
    - Systemwide sensor block
    - And so much more!

DOWNLOADS
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/7S tap herehttps://download.revengeos.com/download/lavender/https://download.revengeos.com/download/lavender/

INSTALLATION
    - Boot into your recovery
    - Wipe system, vendor, data, Dalvik-art cache, cache
    - Flash RevengeOS build
    - Optional: flash FlameGApps
    - Reboot
    - Optional: flash Magisk (if you want to root your device as well) (it's recommended to flash Magisk post first boot)

DONATE
    Support this project by donating here!

ANNOUNCEMENT
    Hi guys, we're posting this message today to talk about RevengeOS. We want to talk about the developers of our project.

There are just three developers that hard-worked every day for you, to deliver optimization, exclusive RevengeUI, media controller, etc. We want to make this project more and more exclusive, and we want to improve everything. And lastly, we want their users to be happy while using it. But there is a problem, three developers can't do much. So, we're here to ask if you - if you're a developer, and if you want to join us, you may do so. We have the following requirements:

Knowledge of Android and Java

Desire to be innovative

Be mad

Think you're good enough? Contact us via email!

Email: [email protected]

Contributors: Raiyan Shishir
    Source Code: https://github.com/RevengeOS
    Kernel Source:: https://github.com/raiyanbinmohsin/kernel_xiaomi_lavender

ROM OS Version: 11
    ROM Kernel: 4.4
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be On the latest Firmware
    Based On: AOSP
    Hi!

New user here. Great work, thank you!

I just saw there is a new version (10/01/2021) available on https://download.revengeos.com/download/lavender/.

Unfortunately the changelog still shows a 404. Can you give a short explanation of what has changed in this version?
    Thank you, wait on. Let me send it here.

Device changelog:
    • Switched back to AOSP BT stack
    • Removed L1 support to fix Netflix crashes
    • Updated blobs from LA.UM.8.2.r1-07400-sdm660.0
    • Updated fingerprint from Redfin - RQ1A.210105.003
    • Enabled VR high perfomance options

Source changelog:
    • January security patch
    • Added Advanced reboot
    Hi, where i can download the new update? (march) 🥺 thanks
    Here 😍
    you are the best, really taking care of your Rom and give us the update continously
    Thank you so much, buddy. I'll push it in some moment.
    Can you point the exact version I need to flash ? OldCam or NewCam version ? I'm a bit lost. I miss the ability to charge my phone since your latest update.

Also this is my daily driver, very snappy, I really like it, amazing job.
    Thank you so much. No worries, can you wait for some more hours, please? I am planning to release an update today in some hours.