[ROM] [AOSP] RevengeOS 4.0 | Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/7S (lavender) [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

smithbill

Jun 24, 2007
Liverpool
I've tried installing the current version of this ROM (RevengeOS-4.0-R-OFFICIAL-lavender-20210212-1015) and it kept failing to boot.

After flashing current Global firmware, Format Data, wipe Cache, Dalvik, Vendor, Data etc I flashed ROM (from external microSD) then Basic NikGapps. Reboot to System simply lands me back in OrangeFox.

I read someone had an issue flashing from external microSD, so I tried flashing from the virtual microSD (after Data partition had been formatted). Same problem, just reboots back into OrangeFox.

I restored my original 'letsmakecakes' PixelExperience ROM from an OrangeFox backup and that worked fine.

Tried RevengeOS again - same problem, just boots back into OrangeFox.

I installed PixelExtended ROM and that worked fine but I couldn't restore apps from a Titanium Backup.

Tried *again* to install RevengeOS, and once again (after format Data etc) it just reboots back into OrangeFox.

I gave up on RevengeOS at this point and flashed PixelExtended again. However, I've now discovered that GPS doesn't work in PixelExtended.

So what am I missing when it comes to flashing RevengeOS? Why does it keep failing to boot to System and just lands me back in OrangeFox Recovery?

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
I've tried installing the current version of this ROM (RevengeOS-4.0-R-OFFICIAL-lavender-20210212-1015) and it kept failing to boot.

After flashing current Global firmware, Format Data, wipe Cache, Dalvik, Vendor, Data etc I flashed ROM (from external microSD) then Basic NikGapps. Reboot to System simply lands me back in OrangeFox.

I read someone had an issue flashing from external microSD, so I tried flashing from the virtual microSD (after Data partition had been formatted). Same problem, just reboots back into OrangeFox.

I restored my original 'letsmakecakes' PixelExperience ROM from an OrangeFox backup and that worked fine.

Tried RevengeOS again - same problem, just boots back into OrangeFox.

I installed PixelExtended ROM and that worked fine but I couldn't restore apps from a Titanium Backup.

Tried *again* to install RevengeOS, and once again (after format Data etc) it just reboots back into OrangeFox.

I gave up on RevengeOS at this point and flashed PixelExtended again. However, I've now discovered that GPS doesn't work in PixelExtended.

So what am I missing when it comes to flashing RevengeOS? Why does it keep failing to boot to System and just lands me back in OrangeFox Recovery?
The reason is that you did not format your data after you flashed the ROM, format your data after you are done with the flashing process. Also, do not flash GApps in the first flashing process. Flash it after the ROM boots.

smokyfr

Apr 15, 2020
Cool, go to Settings -> Security to check whether there are any security updates available or not.

Hello

I can see the place you're talking about, but I don't see how I can tell if there are updates to apply.

Besides, I have another Pb :
- I only see Hal1 (12MB).
I'm missing Hal2 or 3 (48MB).

Thanks for your help

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Hello

I can see the place you're talking about, but I don't see how I can tell if there are updates to apply.

Besides, I have another Pb :
- I only see Hal1 (12MB).
I'm missing Hal2 or 3 (48MB).

Thanks for your help
I thought, you were talking about security updates. If you're talking about system updates, then there is no support for OTA at the moment.

HAL3 is there, Go to Settings -> System -> Camera HAL Switcher and change it to HAL3

Robtroc

Apr 5, 2018
Hello, I have a problem, the rom is great, today magisk gave me an update, after doing it the wifi did not turn on again, and the mac address of the wifi and bluetooth are not available, this happened after updating magisk, some solution without have to mount the rom again? Thank you

Robtroc

Apr 5, 2018
Can you please translate it?

Hello, I have a problem, the rom is great, today magisk gave me an update, after doing it the wifi did not turn on again, and the mac address of the wifi and bluetooth are not available, this happened after updating magisk, some solution without have to mount the rom again? Thank you

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Okay, got it. I think you should downgrade your Magisk to v21.4 to fix the issues. Even, you can try mounting the system and vendor.

smokyfr

Apr 15, 2020
I thought, you were talking about security updates. If you're talking about system updates, then there is no support for OTA at the moment.

HAL3 is there, Go to Settings -> System -> Camera HAL Switcher and change it to HAL3

Indeed I was talking about security updates. How do I do it?

For the camera, I had already checked: there is only Hal1 in Camera Hal Switcher.
I have the impression that there is a parameter that prevents the system from seeing it.

raiyanbinmohsin

Dec 13, 2019
Dhaka
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Indeed I was talking about security updates. How do I do it?

For the camera, I had already checked: there is only Hal1 in Camera Hal Switcher.
I have the impression that there is a parameter that prevents the system from seeing it.
You can't do that from the device, patches need to be merged in the sources.

Weird, I have HAL3 and I guess everyone has it, too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

RevengeOS is an operating system based on Android Open Source Project, built with a unique look and performance in mind. It's daily usage ready, lightweight, and elegant.

FEATURES
    RevengeOS exclusive features:
    - Battery health checker
    - Brand new RevengeUI, built to be different, built to be elegant
    - Brand new media controller
    - Systemwide gradients
    - New lock screen clock styles
    General features:

- Incall haptic-feedback
    - Kill app button
    - Toggle battery percentage in the status bar
    - Resume media from Quick Settings
    - Playback control from volume buttons
    - Wake up with volume buttons
    - Quick camera launch from sleep
    - 3-button navigation system
    - Pill navigation system
    - Swipe to screenshot
    - Wake on charge
    - Proximity sensor check when waking up
    - Systemwide sensor block
    - And so much more!

DOWNLOADS
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/7S tap herehttps://download.revengeos.com/download/lavender/https://download.revengeos.com/download/lavender/

INSTALLATION
    - Boot into your recovery
    - Wipe system, vendor, data, Dalvik-art cache, cache
    - Flash RevengeOS build
    - Optional: flash FlameGApps
    - Reboot
    - Optional: flash Magisk (if you want to root your device as well) (it's recommended to flash Magisk post first boot)

DONATE
    Support this project by donating here!

ANNOUNCEMENT
    Hi guys, we're posting this message today to talk about RevengeOS. We want to talk about the developers of our project.

There are just three developers that hard-worked every day for you, to deliver optimization, exclusive RevengeUI, media controller, etc. We want to make this project more and more exclusive, and we want to improve everything. And lastly, we want their users to be happy while using it. But there is a problem, three developers can't do much. So, we're here to ask if you - if you're a developer, and if you want to join us, you may do so. We have the following requirements:

Knowledge of Android and Java

Desire to be innovative

Be mad

Think you're good enough? Contact us via email!

Email: team@revengeos.com

Contributors: Raiyan Shishir
    Source Code: https://github.com/RevengeOS
    Kernel Source:: https://github.com/raiyanbinmohsin/kernel_xiaomi_lavender

ROM OS Version: 11
    ROM Kernel: 4.4
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be On the latest Firmware
    Based On: AOSP
    Hi!

New user here. Great work, thank you!

I just saw there is a new version (10/01/2021) available on https://download.revengeos.com/download/lavender/.

Unfortunately the changelog still shows a 404. Can you give a short explanation of what has changed in this version?
    Thank you, wait on. Let me send it here.

Device changelog:
    • Switched back to AOSP BT stack
    • Removed L1 support to fix Netflix crashes
    • Updated blobs from LA.UM.8.2.r1-07400-sdm660.0
    • Updated fingerprint from Redfin - RQ1A.210105.003
    • Enabled VR high perfomance options

Source changelog:
    • January security patch
    • Added Advanced reboot
    Hi, where i can download the new update? (march) 🥺 thanks
    Here 😍
    you are the best, really taking care of your Rom and give us the update continously
    Thank you so much, buddy. I'll push it in some moment.
    Can you point the exact version I need to flash ? OldCam or NewCam version ? I'm a bit lost. I miss the ability to charge my phone since your latest update.

Also this is my daily driver, very snappy, I really like it, amazing job.
    Thank you so much. No worries, can you wait for some more hours, please? I am planning to release an update today in some hours.