[ROM][AOSP][SM-T705] Android 7.1.2 NZH54D (2017-09-12)

scubajeff

Jul 16, 2009
Guangzhou
AOSP - Android Nougat - 7.1.2 - NZH54D
This is a pure build of AOSP Android 7.1 Nougat, the goal is to have a pure AOSP rom for Samsung T705, so it is not the objective of this project to include any functionality that is not native to Android AOSP.

Download:
ROM: Mega, AndroidFileHost
Modem(OJ1): Mega, AndroidFileHost

Gapps:
OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/
Choose ARM platform

Root:
SuperSU: http://www.supersu.com/download

Credits:
Kernel is based on LineageOS's Exynos5420 kernel, device tree is based on @Schischu, @deadman96385 and his Exynos5420 team's marvelous works.

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Code:
2017-09-12
  - Latest AOSP (NZH54D) Android 7.1.2_r33
  - Screen rotating glitches fixed
  - New Bluetooth HAL, distortion fixed
  - Rework RIL, more stable phone calling and receiving
  - IR blaster fixed with new IR HAL
  - This might well be the last Nougat release, I will work on Oreo from now on

2017-06-19
  - Latest AOSP (NJH47B) Android 7.1.2_r17
  - Some kernel tweaks

2017-06-14
  - AOSP (N2G47O) Android 7.1.2_r8
  - Kernel 3.4.113
  - Baseband version OJ1 (see download link above for modem file)
  - Fingerprint disabled, everything else work, [B]including mobile data[/B]
Flashing instructions:
  1. Flash TWRP 3.0.2 or higher
  2. Reboot into recovery. Go into wipe menu. Select "Advanced Wipe". Check
    • Dalvik Cache
    • System
    • Cache
    • Data
    and wipe them. Don't reboot just yet.
  3. Go into install menu
  4. Select and flash rom file aosp-XXX.zip
  5. Select and flash SM-T705_OJ1_MODEM.zip if needed. You might need to change the file name to modem.zip
  6. Wipe cache/dalvik cache and reboot to system. Due to some bugs, we can't flash opengapps alone with this rom
  7. After the successful first boot, boot back into recovery and flash gapps and supersu.
  8. Reboot to system

Contributors:
@scubajeff
Source Code: https://github.com/scubajeff/

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat NZH54D
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.113
Based On: AOSP

Created: 2017-06-14
Last Updated: 2017-09-12

Attachments

Last edited:

maz izaackovich

Apr 7, 2016
Surabaya
UI Screenshot please

Waaaaww.. Another klimtlte AOSP.. Really amazing works.. Could you give us partial screnshoot please..

And do you have a plan to continue to maintain this build..?

Thankssss in advance :good::good:

scubajeff

Jul 16, 2009
Guangzhou
Waaaaww.. Another klimtlte AOSP.. Really amazing works.. Could you give us partial screnshoot please..

And do you have a plan to continue to maintain this build..?

Thankssss in advance :good::good:
Of course I will maintain this build and I'm planing for a Android O update in the near future.

Attachments

Last edited:

maz izaackovich

Apr 7, 2016
Surabaya
Of course I will maintain this build and I'm planing for a Android O update in the near future.
Nice..!! Android O :D:D . Glad to see another dev like you maintain this AOSP, since schisu and maloshasa has stopped their project, in AOSP based on MM os. Downloading now, I'll report back if there's some bug..
Currently using latest RR Nougat
Thankssss sir..

1. there's glitches in every opening apps or recent apps, ie. : i opened browser and then i opened COC or others, so i found there was glitches between switching that apps, and nearly happened in every swtching or opening apps ( i guess this aint my screen problem, never have been happened before)

2. ext sdcard issue: when i copied file from internal sdcard to external sdcard, i couldnt access my copied file immediately via my laptop, it must be unmounted fisrt (ext sdcard) then mounted back to make it accessible.

3. in owner user setting: i got my picture placing upside down than it supposed to be.

over all it works smooth and light. i hope i dont bother you with my issues report
thaannnnkkss..

Last edited:

scubajeff

Jul 16, 2009
Guangzhou
Nice..!! Android O :D:D . Glad to see another dev like you maintain this AOSP, since schisu and maloshasa has stopped their project, in AOSP based on MM os. Downloading now, I'll report back if there's some bug..
Currently using latest RR Nougat
Thankssss sir..

1. there's glitches in every opening apps or recent apps, ie. : i opened browser and then i opened COC or others, so i found there was glitches between switching that apps, and nearly happened in every swtching or opening apps ( i guess this aint my screen problem, never have been happened before)

2. ext sdcard issue: when i copied file from internal sdcard to external sdcard, i couldnt access my copied file immediately via my laptop, it must be unmounted fisrt (ext sdcard) then mounted back to make it accessible.

3. in owner user setting: i got my picture placing upside down than it supposed to be.

over all it works smooth and light. i hope i dont bother you with my issues report
thaannnnkkss..
1. I have glitches when rotating the screen, but never see them when switching apps, even when using double tapping of recent app button to fast switch between 2 most recent apps.
2. I will look into this one, however could you kindly be more elaborate that during all those steps, was your t705 mounted to you laptop thru. MTP ?
3. I could not reproduct this one neither, my avatar in owner profile now is clearly showing that the nose is below the eyes.

Thx for reporting. Keep them coming.

Sent from my Samsung SM-T705 using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: maz izaackovich

maz izaackovich

Apr 7, 2016
Surabaya
1. I have glitches when rotating the screen, but never see them when switching apps, even when using double tapping of recent app button to fast switch between 2 most recent apps.
2. I will look into this one, however could you kindly be more elaborate that during all those steps, was your t705 mounted to you laptop thru. MTP ?
3. I could not reproduct this one neither, my avatar in owner profile now is clearly showing that the nose is below the eyes.

Thx for reporting. Keep them coming.

1 yes.. . Glitches in opening apps, and rotating it.
2. Yah, thru MTP. I can't see my file, but ext sdcard is accesible thru my laptop, but not a copied file. When i look for it into "file explorer" in my tablet, it's there. So I have to unmount-remount my ext sdcard, and even worst i have to restart my tablet then i plug in back thru my laptop to get "my copied file" accessible..

Thaannkksss...

scubajeff

Jul 16, 2009
Guangzhou
1 yes.. . Glitches in opening apps, and rotating it.
2. Yah, thru MTP. I can't see my file, but ext sdcard is accesible thru my laptop, but not a copied file. When i look for it into "file explorer" in my tablet, it's there. So I have to unmount-remount my ext sdcard, and even worst i have to restart my tablet then i plug in back thru my laptop to get "my copied file" accessible..

Thaannkksss...
Do you mean that the list of file is not refreshed on the laptop side?

scubajeff

Jul 16, 2009
Guangzhou
I can reproduct this one, seems to me it's an long overdue bug of Google's implementation of MTP, related to media rescan. It happened under many circumstances, see this bug report --> https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/37071807
Sadly, Google refuse to acknowledge it as a bug.

ypmud

Jun 16, 2017
Hi Scubajeff
I am experiencing an issue with com.android.phone and android.process.acore keeps failing to respond and its having a detremental effect on the battery life.

Any ideas how to fix this ?

maz izaackovich

Apr 7, 2016
Surabaya
Hi Scubajeff
I am experiencing an issue with com.android.phone and android.process.acore keeps failing to respond and its having a detremental effect on the battery life.

Any ideas how to fix this ?
I ever had that issue, when i unisntalled google stock contact "Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk" to replace with "zenui dialer and contact"
I guessed your issue it's related with, that your stock contact isnt installed properly
Try to flash these two .apks (Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk) taken from your rom thru trwp or cwm recovery . It's solved my problem.

ypmud

Jun 16, 2017
is there a way i can disable both phone and contacts ?

I am not on a rooted device

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Its ok I have figured it out that I needed to wipe the device due to it using my previous apk's

scubajeff

Jul 16, 2009
Guangzhou
---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Its ok I have figured it out that I needed to wipe the device due to it using my previous apk's
Yes, if you are coming from other ROM, it's really, truly, absolutely important to WIPE ALL before flashing.

simonjonnemeth

Mar 24, 2011
Wakefield
So far not bad. Both my 3G and LTE data are working fine, not sure about calls yet as I haven't tried. I do get those weird artifacts when I rotate the screen, but I've seen that on most of the Nougat 7.1 based ROMs. Nice work with the Kernel. It seems to be VERY customisable in Deathly Adiutor which is great for me. As with all Nougat based ROMs, the audio input latency is the best it's ever been. I would like the ability to enable software keys and to be able to bypass the hardware keys because as you most certainly know they have a strong tendency to interfere with this device (I keep catching them with my hand). Also, the IR blaster doesn't work AT ALL. I would like that to be fixed as Peel Smart Remote is an everyday app for me and I can't use it with this ROM.

scubajeff

Jul 16, 2009
Guangzhou
So far not bad. Both my 3G and LTE data are working fine, not sure about calls yet as I haven't tried. I do get those weird artifacts when I rotate the screen, but I've seen that on most of the Nougat 7.1 based ROMs. Nice work with the Kernel. It seems to be VERY customisable in Deathly Adiutor which is great for me. As with all Nougat based ROMs, the audio input latency is the best it's ever been. I would like the ability to enable software keys and to be able to bypass the hardware keys because as you most certainly know they have a strong tendency to interfere with this device (I keep catching them with my hand). Also, the IR blaster doesn't work AT ALL. I would like that to be fixed as Peel Smart Remote is an everyday app for me and I can't use it with this ROM.
I have to admitted that I didn't test the IR at all. Will give it a run asap. Sorry.

Reactions: simonjonnemeth

simonjonnemeth

Mar 24, 2011
Wakefield
I can now say I can only just make a phone call with this ROM. It's echoey and almost unmanageable when it does work, but it doesn't always work (no sound, normally causes the phone to lock up and force reset upon hanging up). I really want a non-stock ROM that works, preferably Android Nougat 7.1.2 but everyone seems to get the half finished, get fed up and leave us in the dark, and then finally after 6 months mark it as discontinued (cough cough LiquidDeath). I hope you don't do that because this ROM is promising.

Edit: The locking up may have been my fault for overclocking too high.

Last edited: