Senior Recognized Developer
- Sep 3, 2011
AOSP JELLY BEAN 4.2.2_r1
Also included are some optimizations by Texas Instruments and the result is a BLAZING OS running on what is now considered an out-dated memory model (512MB RAM).
Most OMAP 512MB devices are not supported by their OEM vendors past Gingerbread (LG may be an upcoming exception).
This ROM represents exactly what is being pushed to Nexus 10/7 owners. Now you can join in the fun too!
WHAT'S NEW IN ANDROID 4.2
See for yourself: http://www.android.com/whatsnew/
(Note that we don't have a camera or NFC so some of these are obviously not going to work for us)
[2013/02/12] Download 4.2.2_r1 ROM here
PLUS YOU WILL NEED TO FLASH GAPPS AFTER
Jelly Bean 4.2 Gapps here (CM10.1)
(use top row CM10.1 link for 12/12)
(Basically, most items I tested work, except I couldn't get the new swype-style input going on the keyboard)
- [02/12] AOSP 4.2.2_r1
- [01/22] Updated with new 3.0.50 kernel including better battery life
- [01/22] Newest PVR/Imgtec graphics binaries
- [01/22] Update wifi firmware to R5.SP3.06
- [12/18] Fixed battery deep sleep
- [12/18] Added multi-user login fix mentioned by NotShorty found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2018146
- Hardware Acceleration (hwcomposer)
- HD Codecs (YouTube/Netflix)
- Small amount of OTG (some devices w/ powered hub supported)
- Sound, but no microphone
- Bootanimation needs a display bugfix
- Need to enable the swype-style 4.2 keyboard
- I'll check out photo sync options
- Looking into USB camera support (will probably be more useful when the 3.4 kernel is ready)
- Should be running FireFireFire Bootloader 1.4a found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1632375
- Have a custom recovery installed, such as TWRP 2.2.x.x+ or Cannibal Open Touch: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2025793
- Easy method for both -> Use Smirkit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1500935
RECOMMEND FULL WIPE UNLESS UPDATING A 4.2 ROM Use Titanium Backup to restore apps.
- Download the ZIP
- Grab the GAPPS (12/12 from goo.im/gapps)
- Reboot into recovery
- Make your backup (You do make a backup right?)
- Wipe Data/Cache)
- Flash both the ROM and the gapps .zip files
- Reboot and Enjoy
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Q: Does this include the new 3.4 kernel? A: No, it's not ready yet.
- Q: Where's the "Developer" settings menu? A: Go into Settings -> About tablet, and tap the "Build number" box about 7 times. That enables it.
BUILDING THIS ROM
[ It's a rough build. Probably not going to update the public manifest ]