[ROM-AOSP] Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2_r1 for the Kindle Fire [02-12 4.2.2_r1]

Search This thread

404-Not Found

Sep 12, 2012
Phoenix
How can I enable screenshots from the power menu? I tried PlayStore apps but they don't work.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

tobiascuypers

Jun 9, 2012
A little town called Proctor
I know that but I really need that. I would change ROMs, but some apps require a lot of RAM. And CM ROMs leave only about 90-0 MB of RAM, and this ROMs leaves about 140 MB which is awesome. Can it be modded?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

I think there is a mod for exposed. Try looking around there

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 4 Beta

fishytale

Dec 23, 2010
Been using thgis for a few days. Charging seems to be a bit of a problem. It only seems to charge in sleep/idle mode. . Wont charge if the screen is on. Have i missed something ? cheers

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
Sorry to ressurect this old thread but I just scored a 1st Gen amazon kindle fire and I was wondering if there is anything I need to look for (hardware/existing version/etc) before I try to flash this release?
Thanks.

VTCruzer

May 23, 2013
Virgina Beach, VA
Sorry to ressurect this old thread but I just scored a 1st Gen amazon kindle fire and I was wondering if there is anything I need to look for (hardware/existing version/etc) before I try to flash this release?
Thanks.

Yeah bro, any KitKat build. the KF has .5 gb of ram. Any app on JB will usually FC after a few minutes. Even with this stock rom you'll probably get 100mb free ram. KitKat is WAY better optimized and you get usually around >160mb free. If you need even more ram, get a GB rom or an OtterX build (it's still in beta though so I'd wait a little). Hope this helps!

Reactions: UgXvibe

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
Yeah bro, any KitKat build. the KF has .5 gb of ram. Any app on JB will usually FC after a few minutes. Even with this stock rom you'll probably get 100mb free ram. KitKat is WAY better optimized and you get usually around >160mb free. If you need even more ram, get a GB rom or an OtterX build (it's still in beta though so I'd wait a little). Hope this helps!

Thank you both!
I was told that what I bought is actually Kindle Fire HD not the original Fire. I guess I will look for that development thread instead!
Sorry about the confusion but it wasn't clear which model it was. I will wait until I receive it before I start researching.

Reactions: dokie80

dokie80

May 23, 2008
jakarta
Thank you both!
I was told that what I bought is actually Kindle Fire HD not the original Fire. I guess I will look for that development thread instead!
Sorry about the confusion but it wasn't clear which model it was. I will wait until I receive it before I start researching.

well.. if in fact it is KF HD, feel free to contact me to exchange with my original KF, so that your research wont be a waste. :good:

VTCruzer

May 23, 2013
Virgina Beach, VA
Thank you both!

Make sure you verify what kind of Kindle it is when you get it. You wouldn't want to use a KFHD utility on a KFHDX or a KF2 script on a KF1 or something like that ;)

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
Make sure you verify what kind of Kindle it is when you get it. You wouldn't want to use a KFHD utility on a KFHDX or a KF2 script on a KF1 or something like that ;)

Thank you so much. Amazon's naming scheme makes it very difficult until I get one in my hand and check the model #.
The reported model # is X43Z60 , if this makes any sense to you, but bottom line is that it is Kindle Fire HD 7" with Camera. I think there is only one with camera, hopefully that will help narrow it down? I hope I can get some sort of Android on this although I do like the idea of Amazon's version so that amazon prime instant video would work. As far as I know there is no prime instant video on android due to lack of flash and lack of silverlight.

Thanks again!

VTCruzer

May 23, 2013
Virgina Beach, VA
Thank you so much. Amazon's naming scheme makes it very difficult until I get one in my hand and check the model #.
The reported model # is X43Z60 , if this makes any sense to you, but bottom line is that it is Kindle Fire HD 7" with Camera. I think there is only one with camera, hopefully that will help narrow it down? I hope I can get some sort of Android on this although I do like the idea of Amazon's version so that amazon prime instant video would work. As far as I know there is no prime instant video on android due to lack of flash and lack of silverlight.

Thanks again!

Well it's just I know a few people who've gotten mixed up and now only have $200 paper-weights :p

BrooklynNY

Nov 16, 2012
Thank you so much. Amazon's naming scheme makes it very difficult until I get one in my hand and check the model #. The reported model # is X43Z60 , if this makes any sense to you, but bottom line is that it is Kindle Fire HD 7" with Camera. I think there is only one with camera, hopefully that will help narrow it down? I hope I can get some sort of Android on this although I do like the idea of Amazon's version so that amazon prime instant video would work. As far as I know there is no prime instant video on android due to lack of flash and lack of silverlight. Thanks again!
I don't remember exactly where, but somewhere on this site, people successfully installed and used amazon prime video services on custom ROMs. Search for instructions..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    jb-kfire-trio-screenshot.png

AOSP JELLY BEAN 4.2.2_r1

Also included are some optimizations by Texas Instruments and the result is a BLAZING OS running on what is now considered an out-dated memory model (512MB RAM).
    Most OMAP 512MB devices are not supported by their OEM vendors past Gingerbread (LG may be an upcoming exception).

This ROM represents exactly what is being pushed to Nexus 10/7 owners. Now you can join in the fun too!

WHAT'S NEW IN ANDROID 4.2
    See for yourself: http://www.android.com/whatsnew/
    (Note that we don't have a camera or NFC so some of these are obviously not going to work for us)

[2013/02/12] Download 4.2.2_r1 ROM here
    md5sum: f4cc5efb6de779da93670fb48a794d64

PLUS YOU WILL NEED TO FLASH GAPPS AFTER
    Jelly Bean 4.2 Gapps here (CM10.1)
    (use top row CM10.1 link for 12/12)

WHAT WORKS
    (Basically, most items I tested work, except I couldn't get the new swype-style input going on the keyboard)
    • [02/12] AOSP 4.2.2_r1
    • [01/22] Updated with new 3.0.50 kernel including better battery life
    • [01/22] Newest PVR/Imgtec graphics binaries
    • [01/22] Update wifi firmware to R5.SP3.06
    • [12/18] Fixed battery deep sleep
    • [12/18] Added multi-user login fix mentioned by NotShorty found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2018146
    • Hardware Acceleration (hwcomposer)
    • HD Codecs (YouTube/Netflix)
    • Small amount of OTG (some devices w/ powered hub supported)
    • Sound, but no microphone

NOT WORKING
    • Bootanimation needs a display bugfix
    • Need to enable the swype-style 4.2 keyboard
    • I'll check out photo sync options
    • Looking into USB camera support (will probably be more useful when the 3.4 kernel is ready)

REQUIREMENTS
    1. Should be running FireFireFire Bootloader 1.4a found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1632375
    2. Have a custom recovery installed, such as TWRP 2.2.x.x+ or Cannibal Open Touch: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2025793
    3. Easy method for both -> Use Smirkit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1500935

INSTALLATION
    RECOMMEND FULL WIPE UNLESS UPDATING A 4.2 ROM Use Titanium Backup to restore apps.
    1. Download the ZIP
    2. Grab the GAPPS (12/12 from goo.im/gapps)
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. Make your backup (You do make a backup right?)
    5. Wipe Data/Cache)
    6. Flash both the ROM and the gapps .zip files
    7. Reboot and Enjoy

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    • Q: Does this include the new 3.4 kernel? A: No, it's not ready yet.
    • Q: Where's the "Developer" settings menu? A: Go into Settings -> About tablet, and tap the "Build number" box about 7 times. That enables it.

BUILDING THIS ROM
    [ It's a rough build. Probably not going to update the public manifest ]

Enjoy
    OP Updated for 12/18 deep sleep fix build.

http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/otter/aosp/jb-4.2-kfire-hashcode-12-18.zip
    md5sum: 09b6d4feea0f6019969731ae46e9e6ab
    I think optimizing the code should be a high priority.

Seems with very rom release, people typically add more in. As a Kindle Fire only has 512 mb for ram, adding more in isn't exactly the best of ideals. Rather I think its better to keep this as minimal as possible (pure android os) & add only anything that which may improve the memory requirements (kernel update for example).

This is exactly what im doing with the 3.4 kernel. Not just a kernel update but a complete overhaul of most of the drivers.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm testing a new fix for the deep_sleep issues. If it's working correctly, I'll update this build.
    Couple of notes:
    1. I'm seeing memory GC issues which look to be causing sleep issues. Investigating.
    2. The "About" screen shows 4.2 but it's actually 4.2.1 because we don't have the missing month bug.
    3. I need to research the missing multi-profiles issue.
    4. I'll check out photo sync options
    5. I'm also looking into USB camera support (will probably be more useful when the 3.4 kernel is ready)