[ROM-AOSP][UNOFFICIAL][6.0.1] Pure Nexus for Moto X Style/Pure Edition | Substratum

Search This thread

pizza_pablo

Dec 6, 2013
PNW
I flashed the 0802_6.0.1 build this morning. It ran fine for a while and then got the no Sim card error. I did not wipe internal.

I have recently tried Resurrection Remix 7.1.1 and CrDroid 7.1.1. Both of those ROMs ran fine for a few days and then got the no Sim card error.

Should I do the
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn

and optionally:
fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin
?

Is there any harm in trying these commands if that's not the issue?

Funny, I did those same commands to fix intermittent GPS a few months ago. I read, here that these same commands fix no service as well.

Last edited:

Stryder5

Mar 2, 2009
Texas
I flashed the 0802_6.0.1 build this morning. It ran fine for a while and then got the no Sim card error. I did not wipe internal.

I have recently tried Resurrection Remix 7.1.1 and CrDroid 7.1.1. Both of those ROMs ran fine for a few days and then got the no Sim card error.

Should I do the
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn

and optionally:
fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin
?

Is there any harm in trying these commands if that's not the issue?

Funny, I did those same commands to fix intermittent GPS a few months ago. I read, here that these same commands fix no service as well.

You should go to the thread about restoring to stock condition. I believe that will take you back to Lollipop then you'll need to update to Marshmallow.

Is there any more updates on this ROM?
thank you!

I think dev has moved onto Android 7.

If someone out there is using the latest 6.0.1 build can you tell me the problems/ bugs in the latest Marshmallow build?

Bugs are usually listed in OP or 2nd post. Just switched to this ROM a few days ago and haven't run into any issues yet.

Reactions: ht2912

pizza_pablo

Dec 6, 2013
PNW
You should go to the thread about restoring to stock condition. I believe that will take you back to Lollipop then you'll need to update to Marshmallow.
I wonder if these steps will fix the no sim card, service in and out issue, when crossing into Canada from the states.
I don't have these issues on TruPureXMM or stock rooted Marshmallow.

Last edited:

CJ-Wylde

Feb 25, 2014
Madisonville
With Magisk or SuperSU

Hey there, I've just switched over to this ROM since the N ROMs are driving me nuts... And I installed Magisk, no issues, but after choosing Magisk Hide Enable within Magisk Manager and rebooting for a just-in-case... The SafetyNet check is not passing. Did you get this to work, and if so, any tips for someone new to Magisk?

CJ-Wylde

Feb 25, 2014
Madisonville
Yeah, I think I'm going to jump back to pure nexus too.

Aside from having to turn my phone back to a US signal, lol, this is an amazing MM ROM. Better than EVERY single one I've tried. I install Magisk for my root solution, and not sure if it was that or using the latest GAPPs that did it, but I have Google Assistant already up and working without having done anything extra... My banking APPs work perfect with the camera, which is an odd issue I have with only some ROMs. Sound is flawless, everything is working perfectly except I can't pass Magisk's SafetyNet check, which is understandable, and not game changing since I don't use Android Pay and nothing else is blocked for me so not needed at the moment. RR's N ROM has Magisk and it passes the SafetyNet check somehow and so I tried Android Pay with that, which it's nice for Gift & Loyalty cards, but that was about it, 1 of my banks wasn't supported and the one that is isn't one I use much.

I HIGHLY recommend this as a daily driver to anyone and everyone, especially if you're not getting what you need out of the N ROMs, which will get better over time, but are too inconsistent right now for me.

I'm on the 2016/08/02 HomeMade 6.0.1 build with Magisk, EmojiOne Module and Pixel Dialer/Contacts. I only removed the ExactCalculator since I use something else. This is the emptiest, cleanest ROM I've ever used, which is exactly how I like it! I don't need xPosed since Assistant is up and running and the built-in settings are more than enough to do what I wanted (Center Clock with Small Date and a smaller NavBar which can be turned off to use Swipe Navigation if preferred).

I might install the Viper4Android Module through Magisk, but so far just isn't much to fiddle with. The included Equalizer is accessible through the Google Play Music APP, which is all I would use it for, so Viper might not get used this time around., haven't decided yet. Loving how Magisk works though, if I can get past that SafetyNet thing with this ROM I'll feel like I've got the perfect setup, but in reality I'm not using anything that requires it to pass, lol.

abense

Jan 5, 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
Aside from having to turn my phone back to a US signal, lol, this is an amazing MM ROM. Better than EVERY single one I've tried. I install Magisk for my root solution, and not sure if it was that or using the latest GAPPs that did it, but I have Google Assistant already up and working without having done anything extra... My banking APPs work perfect with the camera, which is an odd issue I have with only some ROMs. Sound is flawless, everything is working perfectly except I can't pass Magisk's SafetyNet check, which is understandable, and not game changing since I don't use Android Pay and nothing else is blocked for me so not needed at the moment. RR's N ROM has Magisk and it passes the SafetyNet check somehow and so I tried Android Pay with that, which it's nice for Gift & Loyalty cards, but that was about it, 1 of my banks wasn't supported and the one that is isn't one I use much.

I HIGHLY recommend this as a daily driver to anyone and everyone, especially if you're not getting what you need out of the N ROMs, which will get better over time, but are too inconsistent right now for me.

I'm on the 2016/08/02 HomeMade 6.0.1 build with Magisk, EmojiOne Module and Pixel Dialer/Contacts. I only removed the ExactCalculator since I use something else. This is the emptiest, cleanest ROM I've ever used, which is exactly how I like it! I don't need xPosed since Assistant is up and running and the built-in settings are more than enough to do what I wanted (Center Clock with Small Date and a smaller NavBar which can be turned off to use Swipe Navigation if preferred).

I might install the Viper4Android Module through Magisk, but so far just isn't much to fiddle with. The included Equalizer is accessible through the Google Play Music APP, which is all I would use it for, so Viper might not get used this time around., haven't decided yet. Loving how Magisk works though, if I can get past that SafetyNet thing with this ROM I'll feel like I've got the perfect setup, but in reality I'm not using anything that requires it to pass, lol.

Which version of substrantumum (or however the F you spell it) are you running on it?

Tenacious--M

Sep 10, 2010
Does this Rom allow to change the color saturation settings to make the display look more like a Super Amoled display? I'm on Dirty Unicorns 11.2 but from what I understand it doest have the features to tweak this.

Also, does Substratum work well on this Rom for themes?

stevejohnson42

Dec 7, 2013
Aiken, South Carolina
Does this Rom allow to change the color saturation settings to make the display look more like a Super Amoled display? I'm on Dirty Unicorns 11.2 but from what I understand it doest have the features to tweak this.

Also, does Substratum work well on this Rom for themes?

I can only address Substratum - works fine for me ; I use Swift Black Substratum Theme

Reactions: Tenacious--M

unitz0mbie

Apr 6, 2015
Miami
So does this rom have kcal support that's what @Tenacious-M is asking

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

I'm currently back on Pure Nexus, but am not a huge fan of Theming anymore. I've had way too many inconsistencies and quality issues with various themes so I do not use Substratum.

How's the battery life?

stevejohnson42

Dec 7, 2013
Aiken, South Carolina
So does this rom have kcal support that's what @Tenacious-M is asking

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

How's the battery life?

For me , one of the best..Exodus and Broken versions of MM are comparable..Haven't found a Nougat Ron yet that is close..But development still going on

Your mileage may differ..Best thing is to flash and try

abense

Jan 5, 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
Is there a audio / equalizer app that comes with this ROM?

Normally I just uninstall those things cause I don't see any benefit in them, and normally, I don't have any issues by doing so.

Audio from the audio jack with my headphones is horrible. But it might be my own fault lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0WMoeXoh.png

The Pure Nexus Project

Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
    The Pure Nexus Project aims to bring stability and features to your Nexus device, while keeping Google's vision in line and not straying too far away from that. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features and minimal bugs, then this is the place to be.

Features:
    Code:
    [COLOR="#1976D2"]-General[/COLOR]
    *Based on AOSP Android 6.0.1_r62
    *SELinux Enforcing
    *Busybox
    *Init.d support
    *Addon.d support
    [STRIKE]*T-Mobile US/EE WiFi Calling + Project Fi Support [/STRIKE]
    *Fully Working VoLTE
    *Native Sprint PRL/Profile update
    *Native ntfs and exfat support
    *Full Substratum Theme Engine support
    *Google sounds from factory image not the horrible AOSP ones
    *Googles marshmallow wallpapers added to wallpaper picker 
    *Advanced Reboot menu enabled by default
    *Advanced rotation settings
    *Enabled Developer settings by default
    *Enabled option to use multi-window mode
    *Enabled click/longclick on notification panel header items
    *Disabled forced encryption
    *Disabled Tethering checks
    *Show apps being optimized during initial boot
    *Bug fix's and stability improvements
    *UI Improvements (fixed a bunch google forgot to materialize)
    *Download Speed in download notifications
    *Scrolling cache improvements
    *Seek-bar style animation speed and font size control
    *Full 3-Minit battery support no mods needed
    *Added headset icon attached icon in statusbar
    *Added PureAmbient display options
    *Added AOSP AppOps
    *Added ability to see app version when sideloading app
    *Added app package name to app info screen
    *Added ability to disable battery saver color in nav/statusbars
    *Added ability to launch purenexus settings from notification drawer (longpress settings icon)
    *Added ability to customize Settings dashboard columns, dashboard text lines, dashboard dividers
    *Added wireless charging sound for usb chargers
    *Native Dialer lookup in the aosp dialer
    *Increasing ringtone option
    *Incall vibration options
    *Proximity speakerphone option
    *National Data roaming option
    *Call/Message blocking
    *ADB enhancements (ADB over wifi, Hide ADB icon, colored logcat "abd logcat -C")
    *Link/Unlink Notification ringtone option
    *Added Native Google Double tap to wake option
    *Added Special keys to all keyboard keys
    *Removed googles bug report option
    *Removed googles SystemUpdate option
    *Removed googles legal information

[COLOR="#1976D2"]-PureNexus Settings[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="red"]Lock Screen[/COLOR]
    *Option to customize lockscreen shortcuts
    [STRIKE]*Option to disable fingerprint authorization vibration[/STRIKE]
    *Long press power for torch
    *double tap anywhere to sleep
    *Option to disable lockscreen media art
    *Scramble pin layout
    *Quick pin unlock
    *option to hide lockscreen clock
    *option to hide lockscreen date
    *option to hide lockscreen alarm text
    *option to set the alpha of lockscreen and lockscreen security bouncer 
    *Lockscreeen Wallpaper (add/crop/delete)
    [COLOR="red"]Notification Drawer[/COLOR]
    *Weather
    *Force Expanded Notifications
    *quick settings pulldown (left,right,always)
    *smart pulldown (no ongoing, no dismissable, no notifications)
    *brightness slider on/off toggle
    *fully customizable quick settings with now up to 30 custom tiles
    *option to enable or disable the top two main quicksettings tiles
    *option to enable 3/4/5 quick settings tiles per row
    *option for advanced location in location quick setting tile
    [COLOR="red"]Recent Apps[/COLOR]
    *Immersive recents (stock, full screen, statusbar only, navbar only)
    *Clear all recents toggle
    *Clear all recents location option
    *Clear all recents but last app toggle
    *Recent searchbar on/off toggle
    *slim recents and slim recent options
    [COLOR="red"]Statusbar[/COLOR]
    *Battery customization (stock, landscape, circle, dotted circle, text, none)
    *Battery percent options (hidden, inside the icon, next to the icon)
    *Battery Bar options (location, color, style, thickness, anitmation)
    *Carrier Text customization (text placement, custom text)
    *Clock customization (position, am/pm, date, date position, date style, date format)
    *Network traffic meter options (disabled/incoming/outgoing/both,  units displayed, update interval, hide arrows, autohide, autohidethreshold)
    *Status-bar options (notification counter, double-tap to sleep, statusbar brightness control)
    *Option to disable headset icon, vibrate icon, vpn icon in statusbar
    [COLOR="red"]Navigation Bar[/COLOR]
    *Enable/disable
    *IME toggle
    *Option for arrow cursor keys
    *Option for double tap navbar to sleep
    *Long-press back to kill toggle
    *option to configure back kill delay
    *Long-press recents for last app toggle
    *Navigation bar size customization (width, height, length)
    *Navigation bar customization (placement, buttons)
    [COLOR="red"]PowerMenu[/COLOR]
    *Option to disable on secure lock
    *Add/remove (reboot, screenshot, screen-record, torch, airplane mode, user switcher,settings shortcut, search, voice search, lock now, sound panel)
    [COLOR="red"]Volume Rocker[/COLOR]
    *Volume key wake
    *Volume key music control
    *Volume key keyboard cursor control
    *Volume button swap toggle
    *Control media volume anytime toggle
    [COLOR="red"]Display[/COLOR]
    *Expanded desktop options
    *option to enable/disable wake on plug
    *option to enable 3 finger swipe to screenshot
    *LED controls
    [COLOR="red"]Media & Notifications[/COLOR]
    *option to disable double tap camera vibration
    *custom heads up options (global on/off, timeout, heads up snooze, force heads up, heads up whitelist, heads up do not disturb, heads up blacklist)
    *option to disable low battery notification
    *Option to disable battery saver notification

Downloads & Changelog:

Changelog: https://goo.gl/P8WBn3

Rom Builds: https://goo.gl/5mJwUV

Highly Suggested Gapps - PureNexus Gapps: https://goo.gl/5PzVXa

Credits & Thanks:

The Cheeky Bastards - Bajasur, Dwitherell, DaveyAnnihalation, Surge1223!!!
    The PureNexus Moderators - MicMars, Kris Nelson, Nathan Chance
    The CyanogenMod Community
    Dirty Unicorns
    SlimRoms
    OmniRom
    Euphoria-OS
    xWasabi
    And all other open source Devs i may have missed!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pure Nexus for clark, ROM for the Moto X Style (Pure)

Contributors
    Hashbang173, alnikki25k
    Source Code: https://github.com/PureNexusProject

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-03-15
    Last Updated 2016-08-02
    Pure Nexus issues on clark

Since clark is not a nexus, it is built with some modifications to Pure Nexus to allow it to work.

Current issues
    Code:
    * Audio may be buggy at times, reported that using Viper4Android fixes it
    Last message found from original developer - just in case still monitoring ; thanks again for this ROM - after months of messing with many N ROMs ; I re-flashed this ; still the best I have found so far

nicely done - would love to see an N version ; but know life happens and can't really say there is anything I am missing with N

For those wanting to move to N ; DU and Tesla are the two I found to be the best -- but battery life on this one seems better

My biggest hassle with N is that the newest ( from 4.2 versions - last I checked was 4.3 ) won't let me log on - 4.1 makes me relog on everytime I go to use the app. Seems to not be a hassle with custom ROMs for other devices - appears to be unique to clark

Nice work - and thanks again

Waiting on N kernel source. Once that is released and I have LineageOS stable with N blobs and kernel, I'll probably work on Pure Nexus for clark from scratch.
    Has development for this ROM stopped?

I plan to update it when I have time. Need to make a bunch of modifications to get it to build with the new branch.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone