• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][AOSP][UNOFFICIAL] CarbonRom KitKat [bacon][franco kernel] v4.4.4 [Sep 8,2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

flappjaxxx

Apr 8, 2009
Somewhere, FL
Reactions: pafimal and dadoc04

flappjaxxx

Apr 8, 2009
Somewhere, FL
Not sure. I released mine about 8 or so hours earlier than deedwar. I used a different device tree and kernel. I saw on his thread some screen off gestures didn't work. They all work on my release
It will be the same i didnt even see this thread when i was looking. I will discontinue mine if there is no difference.

The more the merrier the way I see it

Reactions: dadoc04

akwingnut

Dec 19, 2008
Anchorage
Quick Question

In other ROMS i have experience these issues, Flashlight turns on itself, Music starts playing itself. Has anyone addresses this or also experienced this?

Thanks again FlappJaxxx as always your ROM is solid..

-AkWIngnut

flappjaxxx

Apr 8, 2009
Somewhere, FL
In other ROMS i have experience these issues, Flashlight turns on itself, Music starts playing itself. Has anyone addresses this or also experienced this?

Thanks again FlappJaxxx as always your ROM is solid..

-AkWIngnut
If you are having these issues you may want to turn off Gestures. I had it more frequently on earlier versions of ROMs including CM11s but seems to have been addressed more recently. Haven't had that happen with this so far

akwingnut

Dec 19, 2008
Anchorage
If you are having these issues you may want to turn off Gestures. I had it more frequently on earlier versions of ROMs including CM11s but seems to have been addressed more recently. Haven't had that happen with this so far

Thanks found it, i guess that makes sense being able to draw a V and it turn the flashlight on, as with the Music app. Stable ROM didnt take but a few secs to boot up, also loved that you have a FILE MANAGER already included. Allot of other ROMS dont include this so you have to download one. Thanks again... Love the bootup screen, would it be hard to add lets say colors to the Carbon Dots?

-AkWingnut

flappjaxxx

Apr 8, 2009
Somewhere, FL
Thanks found it, i guess that makes sense being able to draw a V and it turn the flashlight on, as with the Music app. Stable ROM didnt take but a few secs to boot up, also loved that you have a FILE MANAGER already included. Allot of other ROMS dont include this so you have to download one. Thanks again... Love the bootup screen, would it be hard to add lets say colors to the Carbon Dots?

-AkWingnut
Probably wouldn't be hard to add color. I really don't take any credit for anything other than compiling CarbonDev's and Franco's hard work. They did all the work and features. I just kanged it and put it all together for those of us that enjoy Carbon. Once they release their official version there probably won't be any updates to this

Reactions: dadoc04

akwingnut

Dec 19, 2008
Anchorage
Probably wouldn't be hard to add color. I really don't take any credit for anything other than compiling CarbonDev's and Franco's hard work. They did all the work and features. I just kanged it and put it all together for those of us that enjoy Carbon. Once they release their official version there probably won't be any updates to this

Well I have to admit that so far this version has been the most stable, no issues yet. I had issues with PA all versions, Madhi and others that I tired.. Thanks again...

-AkWingnut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UNOFFICIAL
    carbonrom.jpg

UNOFFICIAL
    + Latest Franco Kernel

What is it?
    This is an UNOFFICIAL build of CarbonRom built on 9/8/2014 with latest Franco Kernel built in
    This may be deprecated as soon as official is released
    EXPECT BUGS and Stuff not to work

Do not bug Carbon Developers with this build. They will not support it.
    This in no way reflects their final product.
    Sources Used:
    CarbonRom Source
    Franco Kernel

Instructions:
    1. Download to your device (OnePlus One ONLY)
    2. Reboot to recovery (TWRP2 Preferred and known to work)
    3. Do a backup
    4. Wipe data/Factory Reset (If you manually wipe the system partition, YOU MUST reboot recovery or it will error)
    5. Install the ROM zip file in recovery
    6. Install GApps of your choice (Google it)
    7. Install SuperSU by Chainfire (Download Here)
    8. Reboot
    9. Come back to this thread and complain

Download:
    AndroidFileHost Mirror
    DevHost Mirror
    JDVHosting Mirror
    rootdev.org Mirror

Unofficial-CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140908-0925-bacon.zip md5sum=b737ea8635a7bace12a40fc8cf23fdf0

Issues:
    Problem: I have flashed this and I no longer have root
    Solution: Flash SuperSU by Chainfire - Download Here

Credits:
    Google for Android
    CarbonDev Team
    Francisco Franco for the awesome kernel
    Chainfire for SuperSU
    CyanogenMod Team
    TxRedneck for the build machine
    Everyone else in the world even the flaming douchies out there... now I haven't forgotten anyone

carbonscreen2.png
    Saw a new commit for bacon CarbonRom. "Make it Official"
    f3c10c126642199f96327f5ad75e1346.jpg
    Changelog:
    9/8/14
    Latest Carbon commits
    Latest Franco kernel compiled inline

9/7/14
    Initial Release

Old Downloads:
    Download 9/7/14:
    AndroidFileHost Mirror
    DevHost Mirror
    JDVHosting Mirror
    Goo.im Mirror (Not Working)
    rootdev.org Mirror

Unofficial-CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140907-1857-bacon.zip md5sum=9176fddcf8725ea84abb0455cb5d9dea
    Very nice work guys everything
    that I have worked so far is OK
    Μany Thanks

Working great .. Loving carbon on my one. Thanks for this ;)

Sent from my One using XDA Premium HD app

wooot wooot.... gonna download and flash when i get home from the gym.

thanks guys

Thanks!
    Let me know if you find anything show stopping
    Nice to see someone keep a unofficial build up-to-date. Makes me wonder whats taking so long as they tweeted to me saying it was 99.5% done 6 days ago.
    https://twitter.com/carbonrom/status/506321963544248320

Just compiled it tonight. Enjoy!