• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][AOSP][UNOFFICIAL] CarbonRom KitKat [bacon][franco kernel] v4.4.4 [Sep 8,2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
I did a clean flash of this with gapps and the supersu zip and have root access.

However, I flashed the r16 franco and lost it. Flashing the supersu zip didnt get root back either. I had to reflash the rom and gapps with supersu again (dirty flashed)

Are yall flashing franco kernel when flashing the rom and gapps as that could be causing you to not have root.

Last edited:

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
I did a clean flash of this with gapps and the supersu zip and have root access.

However, I flashed the r16 franco and lost it. Flashing the supersu zip didnt get root back either. I had to reflash the rom and gapps with supersu again (dirty flashed)

Are yall flashing franco kernel when flashing the rom and gapps as that could be causing you to not have root.
No, I'm doing what the instructions say. If I don't flash super su it seems that I have root access

Last edited:
Reactions: dadoc04

akwingnut

Dec 19, 2008
Anchorage
Franco Kernal

The lastest Franco Kernal is already included with this ROM you do not need to reflash the Kernal. As for SuperSU, I grabbed the lastest version 2.02, factory reset, flashed ROM, flashed Gapps, and finally Flashed SuperSu 2.02 and it worked fine. Fastest reboot and most stable that I have seen so far... FlappJaxxx is awesome, he used to do that ROM for the Galaxy Note (OG)...

Thanks again..

-AkWingnut

paarthdesai

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 2, 2012
mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Probably wouldn't be hard to add color. I really don't take any credit for anything other than compiling CarbonDev's and Franco's hard work. They did all the work and features. I just kanged it and put it all together for those of us that enjoy Carbon. Once they release their official version there probably won't be any updates to this

you could probably carry this one out with linaro toolchain or f2fs rom... ;) only if you have time and you are dedicated to development :D and if it's your hobby :p

Reactions: flappjaxxx

flappjaxxx

Apr 8, 2009
Somewhere, FL
you could probably carry this one out with linaro toolchain or f2fs rom... ;) only if you have time and you are dedicated to development :D and if it's your hobby :p
Thanks. Honestly my time is very limited so what we have here is about as far as I'm going to go with it. I'd love to do more but again time is a huge factor for me. I own a restaurant and am here 8am to 10pm every day except Monday

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
Once I flash super su should I not disable super user under settings? I've been installing super su on other ROMs and it never gives me problems if I disable superuser.

akwingnut

Dec 19, 2008
Anchorage
Thanks. Honestly my time is very limited so what we have here is about as far as I'm going to go with it. I'd love to do more but again time is a huge factor for me. I own a restaurant and am here 8am to 10pm every day except Monday

FlappJaxxx, I am just happy I once again get to use a nice stable fully working non issued ROM that you complied again.

-Thanks Again

-AkWingnut

IcOpRo

Nov 30, 2007
Cape Coral
Don't know if I'm blind but I've searched everywhere for a way to disable the hardware buttons after enabling on screen buttons and I can't find it..

Anyone knows ?

Thanks

akwingnut

Dec 19, 2008
Anchorage
Bluetooth issue

So on the way into work my phone did a random reboot. When it came back on I started to get this Bluetooth issue. I hope the photo uploaded correctly..

Thanks
akwingnut

Attachments

• IMG_20140910_063636.jpg
    IMG_20140910_063636.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

abde27

Jun 2, 2008
G.I.
Don't know if I'm blind but I've searched everywhere for a way to disable the hardware buttons after enabling on screen buttons and I can't find it..

Anyone knows ?

Thanks

There's one method that comes to mind, but probably not the best way to do it. Go to Carbon Fibers, Buttons, turn the brightness of the backlight down all the way to zero, turn on custom actions, and set every action to none. Again, they should have added a "turn hardware buttons off" switch but seeing this is technically a pre-release rom, they might add it in before they actually release it.

Also, has anyone had the DSP manager crash when playing music through the Google play music app? I had to eventually uninstall it and flashed AudioFX from stock 33R instead.

Reactions: IcOpRo

RBwai

Sep 23, 2011
There's one method that comes to mind, but probably not the best way to do it. Go to Carbon Fibers, Buttons, turn the brightness of the backlight down all the way to zero, turn on custom actions, and set every action to none. Again, they should have added a "turn hardware buttons off" switch but seeing this is technically a pre-release rom, they might add it in before they actually release it.

Also, has anyone had the DSP manager crash when playing music through the Google play music app? I had to eventually uninstall it and flashed AudioFX from stock 33R instead.
Try Viper4android. Can not find better sound drivers, but need to uninstal AudioFx or DSPmanager before to makeV4A to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts