• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][AOSP][UNOFFICIAL] CarbonRom KitKat [bacon][franco kernel] v4.4.4 [Sep 8,2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

IcOpRo

Nov 30, 2007
Cape Coral
There's one method that comes to mind, but probably not the best way to do it. Go to Carbon Fibers, Buttons, turn the brightness of the backlight down all the way to zero, turn on custom actions, and set every action to none. Again, they should have added a "turn hardware buttons off" switch but seeing this is technically a pre-release rom, they might add it in before they actually release it.

Also, has anyone had the DSP manager crash when playing music through the Google play music app? I had to eventually uninstall it and flashed AudioFX from stock 33R instead.
That's how I did it, was just making sure I wasn't missing thy he easy way.

Thanks

cerealguy

Jan 8, 2012
Salerno
OnePlus 8T
There's one method that comes to mind, but probably not the best way to do it. Go to Carbon Fibers, Buttons, turn the brightness of the backlight down all the way to zero, turn on custom actions, and set every action to none. Again, they should have added a "turn hardware buttons off" switch but seeing this is technically a pre-release rom, they might add it in before they actually release it.

Also, has anyone had the DSP manager crash when playing music through the Google play music app? I had to eventually uninstall it and flashed AudioFX from stock 33R instead.
I have the same problem with DSP manager... Where can I find AudioFX zip or apk? :)

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin
Saw a new commit for bacon CarbonRom. "Make it Official"
f3c10c126642199f96327f5ad75e1346.jpg

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin
Hmm, think you could PM me the link? Eagerly awaiting the official but ehh... roms on the opo seem to be less and less appealing lately.
Uploading now. This build doesn't have Franco built-in. Plus this is my first build ever. But if your willing to test. The two issues I mentioned earlier could easily be fixed. Replace DSP manager with audio fx. And screen color setting should work if you flash another kernel. Volume is still low.

Reactions: zephiK

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Uploading now. This build doesn't have Franco built-in. Plus this is my first build ever. But if your willing to test. The two issues I mentioned earlier could easily be fixed. Replace DSP manager with audio fx. And screen color setting should work if you flash another kernel. Volume is still low.

Thats fine, I can flash it afterwards. I'll be more than happy to flash, just give me a several so I can do a nandroid backup as well.
You can PM me the link and I'll be the guinea pig before u release it out to everybody.

akwingnut

Dec 19, 2008
Anchorage
I won't be doing anymore updates to this. Official is being worked on and I am working on AICP. Just flash the latest Franco kernel and your touch firmware will be updated

What do you think the Bluetooth issue is related to, i posted the image on page 6 i believe? Besides the DSP Manager allways shutting down and the Bluetooth kept disconnecting I had not other issues. Not sure what the touch issues were..

So then what are you working on now? AICP?

Thanks FlappJaxxx..

AkWingnut

flappjaxxx

Apr 8, 2009
Somewhere, FL
What do you think the Bluetooth issue is related to, i posted the image on page 6 i believe? Besides the DSP Manager allways shutting down and the Bluetooth kept disconnecting I had not other issues. Not sure what the touch issues were..

So then what are you working on now? AICP?

Thanks FlappJaxxx..

AkWingnut
Bluetooth issue is most likely because this is hacked together and not even close to considered stable for daily use. If I were you or anyone else I would just use something else until official Carbon comes out. Liquid smooth is very good and comparable as far as features. AICP = Android Ice Cold Project

akwingnut

Dec 19, 2008
Anchorage
Bluetooth issue is most likely because this is hacked together and not even close to considered stable for daily use. If I were you or anyone else I would just use something else until official Carbon comes out. Liquid smooth is very good and comparable as far as features. AICP = Android Ice Cold Project

Cool, yeah i just went to a stock ROM for now. They all have issues and well I havent had any issues with the stock ROM

(Calkulins_Stock_OPO_XNPH33R_ROM_v1.0)

THis new AICP is it for this phone?

THanks
-AkWingnut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts