CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained whenever possible and can be viewed on our repository.
Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.
The issues that I've found playing around with this great ROM, nothing new.
- Data not working (very well known).
- GPS not working (well known).
- Themes "forget" to be applied after one or two reboots.
- After changing themes for a second time without rebooting, SystemUI FCs.
- There is no option to tweak the vibration strength on "Devices Tunables".
- The "See Through" option on the Lockscreen has trouble sticking. Sometimes the blur effect is shown, sometimes it does not.
- The buttons on the Navigation bar have a very small delay to register a touch.
- There is no option I can find to disable the CRT effect when turning off the screen.
- When I turn the screen off and then I want to turn it on again after a few seconds, it doesn't.
Again, thank you very much for releasing this one. It is my favorite ROM.