[ROM][AOSP][UNOFFICIAL] CarbonRom KitKat [condor]

Search This thread

xperiafan13

Jul 25, 2011
México
About Carbon​

Swi8l1E.gif

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained whenever possible and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.​

Features​

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Download Carbon​

Changelog​
Carbon Changelog

INSTALLATION

• Wipe data and cache
  • Flash the CM11 zip
  • Reboot
  • boot into recovery mode
  • Install gapps
  • Reboot

BUGS:

SAME CM11​

SOURCES:

DEVICE TREE: https://github.com/AnimeROM/android_device_motorola_condor

KERNEL: https://github.com/AnimeROM/kernel-msm

Last edited:

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
This is nice. I'll try out later on today and report back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Data is not working in this ROM too?

If he is using The same device tree... Yeah same bugs as of CM11

For me there's no point in compiling any other ROM like AOKP, etc, using the same tree made by cybojenix will lead to same bugs present.
Instead im working on the device tree itself

Regards and good work on this one.

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Flashed on my xt1022 (Indian dual sim version).

Carbon ROM looks awesome, as usual. It's got all the features.

Sad part is that, it's not able to register to mobile networks on xt1022. Also, the fix that @cybojenix posted for his cm11 builds, does not work with Carbon.

Restoring back to my cm11 setup.

Good job nevertheless @xperiafan13

sham4u2sam

Jan 10, 2013
chennai

For me there's no point in compiling any other ROM like AOKP, etc, using the same tree made by cybojenix will lead to same bugs present.

Good to hear that . hope u make mobile data working .. All the best:thumbup::thumbup:

cybojenix

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2012
I haven't released my tree, so he will have more bugs than cm11

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Jesus!!, this made my day. Thank you OP for the release. Fortunately I don't care too much about data working.
Gonna test the hell out of it and report back.

Just a question, is this an official release?

Download file name says "unofficial" so I guess it's unofficial. But, that does not mean it can't turn into an official one later on.

Reactions: SirRhor

SirRhor

The issues that I've found playing around with this great ROM, nothing new.

- Data not working (very well known).
- GPS not working (well known).
- Themes "forget" to be applied after one or two reboots.
- After changing themes for a second time without rebooting, SystemUI FCs.
- There is no option to tweak the vibration strength on "Devices Tunables".
- The "See Through" option on the Lockscreen has trouble sticking. Sometimes the blur effect is shown, sometimes it does not.
- The buttons on the Navigation bar have a very small delay to register a touch.
- There is no option I can find to disable the CRT effect when turning off the screen.
- When I turn the screen off and then I want to turn it on again after a few seconds, it doesn't.

Again, thank you very much for releasing this one. It is my favorite ROM.

Reactions: loneagl and Hetalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon​

Swi8l1E.gif

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained whenever possible and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.​

Features​

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Download Carbon​

Changelog​
    Carbon Changelog

INSTALLATION

• Wipe data and cache
    • Flash the CM11 zip
    • Reboot
    • boot into recovery mode
    • Install gapps
    • Reboot

BUGS:

SAME CM11​

SOURCES:

DEVICE TREE: https://github.com/AnimeROM/android_device_motorola_condor

KERNEL: https://github.com/AnimeROM/kernel-msm
    Coming with new thread soon..
    Data is not working in this ROM too?

Flashed on my xt1022 (Indian dual sim version).

Carbon ROM looks awesome, as usual. It's got all the features.

Sad part is that, it's not able to register to mobile networks on xt1022. Also, the fix that @cybojenix posted for his cm11 builds, does not work with Carbon.

Restoring back to my cm11 setup.

Good job nevertheless @xperiafan13
    The issues that I've found playing around with this great ROM, nothing new.

- Data not working (very well known).
    - GPS not working (well known).
    - Themes "forget" to be applied after one or two reboots.
    - After changing themes for a second time without rebooting, SystemUI FCs.
    - There is no option to tweak the vibration strength on "Devices Tunables".
    - The "See Through" option on the Lockscreen has trouble sticking. Sometimes the blur effect is shown, sometimes it does not.
    - The buttons on the Navigation bar have a very small delay to register a touch.
    - There is no option I can find to disable the CRT effect when turning off the screen.
    - When I turn the screen off and then I want to turn it on again after a few seconds, it doesn't.

Again, thank you very much for releasing this one. It is my favorite ROM.